Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Dr. Nick
Committeeman
Committeeman

Re: News of Anime in Japan

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:12 pm

This is licensing news, but Jesus tapdancing Christ. I'm a person who actively seeks out bad anime, and this shitshow still left me aghast. And the cover art is downright devious, making it look like a Trigger show. There are going to be blind buyers who are going to get burned by this.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:03 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/201 ... al/.121862

I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with the news. But the director for Kemono Friends was fired. And the news story BLEW THE HELL UP. Outraged fans protested, other staff members quit in solidarity, the president of the company that CREATED Kemono Friends is worried about the brands future.

JESUS. THis must have really struck a nerve with people. Why?
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:13 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Why?
Because the original series was perfectly delightful (if you haven't watched it, you should), and people were hoping that the same team, carrying on in short order from where they left off, could do it again.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Because the original series was perfectly delightful (if you haven't watched it, you should),

Or boring, perhaps? It failed my TinesPWH-test at any rate. But then I have the impression that my taste in anime is roughly orthogonal to Mr.Tines's!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Kaworu starts to prepare Shinji for dual-piloting (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Translated from the original Japanese

Episode 3 was where it suddenly leapt from being down in the noise so far as sales and pre-orders went and launched onto a trajectory that had it cruising past even the big name series that season -- the tweet counts alone give an idea of quite how it dominated.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

Return to “Anime and Manga”