Weird things happening to me after finishing NGE/EoE

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

WhoLovesOrangeSoda
Embryo

Weird things happening to me after finishing NGE/EoE

•      
  •      

Postby WhoLovesOrangeSoda » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Let's just say I can't stop thinking about the whole thing and I'm starting to see things everywhere. I swear I'm not hallucinating, just an overactive imagination.

List of weird things:

Saw Subaru dealership while driving home and the logo had sideways crosses just like Eva.

There are grey scratches at the bottom of the tea cup I drank from this morning. My mind etched the scratches out to be a sketch of Rei's hair and my crazy mind drew the rest of the picture. A hand-drawn Rei was staring right back at me as I finished the last drop of my tea.

Was watching a South Asian drama and two guys decide to lay down on some train tracks. I thought, "That's something Shinji would do" and "Whatever they're thinking (like I'm not worth it, I don't deserve to stay around), that's what Shinji would be thinking"

Also same drama: two women say several times to each other over the phone, "Apni ke?" aka "Who are you?" aka "Anata wa dare?" aka flashback to Rei's inner thoughts.

I looked out the window into the backyard today and my crazy brain started creating illusions of the pilots standing on the grass outside.

Every time I speak I feel like my voice sounds like some hybrid of Megumi Hayashibara and Ogata. Every time I open my mouth I hear Rei or Shinji speaking omg.

Feel like I'm officially in a weird state and I had to write this here so I can try getting it out of my thoughts.

Depressed Corn Man
Embryo

Re: Weird things happening to me after finishing NGE/EoE

•      
  •      

Postby Depressed Corn Man » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Yeah once I finished eva I started seeing it everywhere as well. It's weird but you'll get over it.
https://i.imgur.com/uMvmab1.jpg
*No longer as depressed!

imprimatur13
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:45 pm

I agree with above ^.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Chapter 1 (of 2 so far) - The Cakekeeper

Evangelion Discord server: https://discord.gg/S79wSFb

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 pm

DarkBluePhoenix
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Read this.

That is hilarious. I already feel like a magician. Although, if this worked, I would have been accepted to Hogwarts when I was 11, or whatever the school is here in the US from that sitty prequel thing, but I digress.

As for the OP, After I watched NGE and NTE the first time, I had dreams, and then started writing a fic based off of what I remembered of those dreams. It'll eventually work out of your system.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”