The Macross Legacy Thread (Incl. +/DYRL/Zero/Seven/Frontier/Δ)

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Justacrazyguy
Pilot
Pilot

Re: The Macross Legacy Thread (Incl. +/DYRL/Zero/Seven/Frontier/Δ)

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:07 pm

A new series? So soon? Wasn't expecting that!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:08 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:So sorry I didn't report this when it first came out. Some see it as a Delta continuation while others believe it might finally touch on the Megaroad journey. Can't wait! ^_^

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ct/.111595

The latter would get me excited in a way no other Macross project has.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:32 am

Gus Hanson
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Macross Delta getting a theatrical movie to celebrate 35th anniversary of Macross:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ct/.119799

Whether or not it's a compilation deal or a bonafide sequel is still up in the air.
Gundam Wing is the N-Sync of mecha anime. - NemZ

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:44 am

I'm so done. :) Am planning to set them into a picture frame.

https://sunog-baga.tumblr.com/post/1646 ... to-cut-the

Gus Hanson
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Gundam Wing is the N-Sync of mecha anime. - NemZ

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-14/harmony-gold-macross-mospeada-southern-cross-licenses-still-expire-in-2021/.121372

Not if they get that Robotech movie into production before the Contractual deadline the contract wont expire. Let me put it this way, if Harmony Gold makes a Robotech Movie, and the movie is even marginally profitable? Tatsunoko might just see it as more profitable to extend the deadline on Harmony Golds contract for another decade to reap in some profits the Robotech movie will rake in.

The Future of Macross and/or Robotech in the US rests on that movie succeeding or failing.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

MuscleRobo
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Macross Frontier will be as old as best girl Ranka Lee herself by then.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:08 pm

But wait it gets better.

Harmony Gold still has the 'trademark' for Macross. So it's unresolved if new Macross anime could come into America in 2021 even if they lost the rights to publish and profit from material featuring the macross characters and mechs. Not even mentioning how Tatsunoko owes Harmony Gold $800,000, and with them not having the trademark, they may be forced to re-license Macross to Harmony Gold to avoid having them default on their debt and pay it off. It basically amounts to horrible IP blackmail.

See it from Tatsunokos POV. Theyr'e almost $1 million in debt and there's a chance to renew with Harmony Gold. They're going to have to look at what they think is more financially viable: renewing with Harmony gold, or licensing the series and merchandise on their own (which will be an uphill battle in pretty much every respect so long as Harmony Gold still owns the trademark).

Variables including the issues between Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko, which is part of the reason for the 90s legal shitstorm. Tatsunoko really wants to continue bringing down this ship for the matter of saving face at this point, so far they haven't appeared to have made the obvious connection that a vast majority of fans really want Macross from its original creators and don't care about Robotech.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Return to “Anime and Manga”