[Merch] Evangelion book review blog

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

Re: [Merch] Evangelion book review blog

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Reichu wrote:Thanks for letting me know this book exists, LE! I'll have to pick it up one day.

You're welcome! I'm really happy if my reviews are helping to spread awareness of the many Evangelion books that exist. Also, thanks very much for the translations. Interesting stuff!

robersora wrote:How many Evangelion-related books do you own at this point?

Hmm, let's see... so far I have enough Evangelion books to write up to review #107, but if the Petit Eva manga is still not translated into English by that point I'll review those as well, which would take us up to review #110 (the last review I posted was #58, so I definitely still have plenty more books to cover). That doesn't mean I have only 110 books, though, since I own some of them in more than one language (I can read English, French, and some Japanese, so there are a few Eva books that I have in two or three languages). Also, I'm not going to bother with reviewing any Evangelion manga series that was already translated into English, so if we added all those manga volumes the total of Evangelion books I own would definitely be higher than 110. Now that's scary! -o-;

By the way, in case anyone here is a fan of Yuri!!! on Ice, I've been collecting stuff for that anime as well, and I've been reviewing the items on my blog as they arrive. I haven't been linking to those posts here since this is an Evangelion forum, so just keep checking my blog for those posts if you like that show too. (I also have a bunch of Mad Max stuff, but it'll probably be a while before I start blogging about my Mad Max collection... posting about my anime collections is enough for now, heh. :lol: )
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat May 06, 2017 11:05 pm

I posted my fifty-ninth Evangelion book review today! This time, it's Shin Godzilla tai Evangelion Koukyougaku Concert Kinen Pamphlet. This is a NEW BOOK that came out this year (it was sold at a concert that was performed on March 22 and 23). Enjoy!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:53 pm

I posted my sixtieth Evangelion book review today! Wow, 60 book reviews... can you believe it? And I still have plenty more Evangelion books left in my collection to discuss! Anyway, today's review is for Hiramatsu Tadashi SketchBook (not to be confused with Hiramatsu Tadashi Animation Gashuu, which I already covered back in my fifty-seventh review). This book is a collection of pencil sketches by Tadashi Hiramatsu, a key animator for the Evangelion TV series and movies. Enjoy!

By the way, in case anyone is wondering where I've been the past little while, I've actually been posting plenty of reviews for various books and other merchandise on my blog... however, they were for another anime, which is why I haven't been posting about them here. But rest assured that I still love Evangelion too, and I will keep working on more Evangelion book reviews and other fun stuff. :D

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:16 pm

I posted my sixty-first Evangelion book review today! This time, it's Evangelion ANIMA 1. This is a NEW BOOK that just came out a few days ago, and it's the first volume in a series of books collecting all the chapters of Ikuto Yamashita's Evangelion ANIMA story. Yay, finally!

By the way, Evangelion ANIMA 2 was released on the same day as the first volume, so I'll be covering that one in my next review. Please look forward to it. ^_^

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:39 am

I posted my 62nd Evangelion book review! This time, it's Evangelion ANIMA 2. This is the second volume in a series of books compiling all the chapters of Evangelion ANIMA, Ikuto Yamashita's alternate ending to the Evangelion TV series. Be prepared for new Eva designs, and some pretty wacky stuff... check out what happens to Asuka!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Nice reviews as usual, I must admit that I expected more from the ANIMA volumes, it feels a bit cheap to have less illustrations or in black and white.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:02 am

Yeah, because of the missing art, and the full color art that got converted into black-and-white, so far this hasn't been the definitive ANIMA compilation I was hoping for. Still, I'm glad that at least all the chapters are finally being collected together, so that we (hopefully) have a better chance of someone doing a translation.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you for all the book reviews they are really good ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Thanks for the kind words, silvermoonlight! By the way, I love your avatar... Mode EVANGELION2 was such a cute publication! ^_^

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 am

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:Thanks for the kind words, silvermoonlight! By the way, I love your avatar... Mode EVANGELION2 was such a cute publication! ^_^

Thank you, I agree it was such cute publication ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Ah, I'm happy to see the blog is still around and posting all these interesting books! Thanks for your hard work as always :heart:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:36 pm

Thanks, SSD! It's always a pleasure to hear from you. I still have plenty more Evangelion books left to review, so the blog won't be ending anytime soon, heh. :D

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Thanks for doing this!

Your blog is like the #1 stop for helping me navigate the multitude of Evangelion books.
And you've done a great job of pointing out books which are subsets of other books, helping me reduce unnecessary duplicates in my collection.

And I wouldn't have known the E-Sakuga digital books exist (and are available on US iTunes) without your blog either! So thanks again!
In and of itself, self-evident.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:16 am

Thank you for the feedback, deeRez! It makes me very happy to know that these Evangelion book reviews have been helping you with your collection. I hope you're getting lots of enjoyment out of the books that you've chosen. Thanks again! ^_^

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 pm

I posted my sixty-third Evangelion book review today! This time, it's Iso Mitsuo ANIMATION WORKS vol.2, a collection of sketches by legendary animator Mitsuo Iso. This is a NEW BOOK that just arrived today (although people who went to Comiket were able to get it earlier), so I hope you enjoy the review!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:17 pm

I posted my sixty-fourth book review today! This time, it's Evangelion ANIMA 3. This is the third volume in a series of books compiling all the chapters of Evangelion ANIMA, Ikuto Yamashita's alternate ending to the Evangelion TV series. Oh, and if you think Mari is a wacky character in the movies, just wait until you see the Mari in this story!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:59 am

Great review as usual :klkmako:

Will you also review the new illustration book?

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:57 am

Thanks, Joseki! Yes, I will be reviewing the new illustration book when I receive it. ^_^

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Another excellent review. Personally now that I've given them a try, I much prefer the e-book versions of the Anima novels to the physicals. The greyscale images that aren't printed on glossy paper seem much better quality.

Can't wait to see your thoughts on the illustration book. ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 am

Thanks, BlueBasilisk! It's taking me a little longer than usual to receive the new illustration book because I preordered the Limited Edition (it comes with a second book containing more art!), but I will be sure to do a review once it arrives.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”