You Can Start Again

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: You Can Start Again

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:10 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I'm also surprised he didn't give Shinji the cold shoulder or blamed him for the Impacts like the others did. Speaking of the others, why is it that these people aren't giving him the same treatment as he had in 3.33? I'm also wondering why Burke was so willing to take Shinji in despite knowing what he's done.

Looking forward to the next chapters.

Kensuke seems like the sort of guy who would believe in Shinji and continue to do so. So I can believe him not giving Shinji the cold shoulder.

As for the others, I suppose that Shinji has been back for months now and they've had a chance to see he isn't really a risk to them. They're also probably privy to more truths than others have have gave him the cold shoulder and realize he either wasn't entirely to blame or know the extreme circumstances behind it.

For Burke, he knew what Shinji had done but also knew just what Shinji was and it was established he and Kaji did have plans for Shinji. So he probably felt some sympathy for Shinji.

Those are just my guesses though. Cy might have different reasons of their own.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Chapter 12 has now been released. I would to make note that this is the longest work I have worked on so far, and could be considered the first novel-length work that I have (according to the SFWA, 40,000 words and up is considered a novel). I am quite glad that I made it this far, and there is still more to go. Again, it might be a good while before 13 comes out. Ever onward as they say.

C.T.1290
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I read the last chapter last night. It seems to me that Johanna is a bit like Shinji. The timid, shy type who has a bit of trouble opening up to others. I think these two are going to get along just fine. I wonder how things will be once she meets Asuka. And if Asuka is going to be the one training her to pilot the EVA, I can imagine her as the drill army sergeant who would not go easy on the new trainee.

I'm looking forward to the rest. Keep up the good work!
:asuka_thumbsup:
"Who dares summon the master of masters, the deliverer of darkness, the Shogun of sorrow, Aku!?"-Aku

"KONO DIO DA!"-Dio

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Chapter 13 is now up. I'll admit that I had to muddle through this chapter, and there' s part of me that still is not 100% satisfied with it. The next chapter is going a lot smoother and should be up before Thanksgiving. Enjoy.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 am

I now present Chapter 14 for your reading pleasure. Now I have to ask, do any of you think that I have been a little cold in my interactions with this thread? I get the feeling sometimes that it's the case.

jcmoorehead
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 am

I think you've been absolutely fine in your interactions here ^_^

Wonderful chapter by the way, said I all needed to in my review of it. You're doing a great job with this fic ^_^

Settie
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Settie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Wow i thought this was on hiatus but i guess i just missed a couple of chapters. So after having caught up again, yup this is still among my favorite eva fics i've read. I find the slow methodical pace to be actually quite enjoyable, leaves me wanting more. It also makes the changes Shinji is undergoing feel more organic and natural rather than feeling rushed, speaking of changes, i loved Shinjis line near the end of the last chapter where he asks Kensuke "is that the same as being in love?" it just shows and reinforces what previous chapters did, Shinjis lack of basic social skills and how he never really lived as a "normal" kid.

One small criticism though, sometimes i found myself having to reread cause i didn't notice the scene transitions/changes ( don't know the proper term) making it a bit awkward to read sometimes. Having said that, really enjoying your story so far and i hope Rei shows up again, kinda wondering if Shinji has been keeping up his visits.

Return to “Fanfiction”