Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:14 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:But I thought Asuka-san didn't want kids?

:huh:

True. I guess we're assuming that Post-Instrumentality, what with what happened with Kyoko-sama, and stroking Shinji; she's been able to come to terms with her own femininity, and can now see herself as a mother. Now that I think about it, it actually sounds quite plausible.

(As I understand it, the reason she didn't want kids is that she didn't want to feel like she was feminine, or as she saw it, weak. Because she didn't want to rely on anyone after what had happened with her parents. However, after the MPE fight, she realized she could rely on her mother, who'd been protecting her all this time. Combine that with her willingness to accept Shinji, and all his (many) faults... it's quite possible she'd have a very different persona now.)
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:42 am

View Original Postimprimatur13 wrote:True. I guess we're assuming that Post-Instrumentality, what with what happened with Kyoko-sama, and stroking Shinji; she's been able to come to terms with her own femininity, and can now see herself as a mother. Now that I think about it, it actually sounds quite plausible.

(As I understand it, the reason she didn't want kids is that she didn't want to feel like she was feminine, or as she saw it, weak. Because she didn't want to rely on anyone after what had happened with her parents. However, after the MPE fight, she realized she could rely on her mother, who'd been protecting her all this time. Combine that with her willingness to accept Shinji, and all his (many) faults... it's quite possible she'd have a very different persona now.)

It's worth reading ghosts of Evangelion by Bagheera and Second Try by Jimmy Wolk as both go in to the subject of Asuka as a mother and her and Shinji as parents.

Personally I think Asuka hates everything to do with her Motherhood, children and her period because it reminds her of her mother and what happened and I think Asuka greatest fear is turning in to her mother on some level or at least the empty shell in the hosbital bed who ignored her in anime and tried to strangle her in the manga so her rejecting motherhood is a way for her to reject her mother.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:53 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Personally I think Asuka hates everything to do with her Motherhood, children and her period because it reminds her of her mother and what happened and I think Asuka greatest fear is turning in to her mother on some level or at least the empty shell in the hosbital bed who ignored her in anime and tried to strangle her in the manga so her rejecting motherhood is a way for her to reject her mother.

My. Thoughts. Exactly! I extend it, though: I think that she associates femininity as a whole with her mother, which is why she never wants to allow herself to be a passive, or reliant on anyone (which is what she thinks femininity is). Even in her relationship with Kaji, she is quite aggressive.

Details  SPOILER: Show
Basically, my theory is that Asuka and Rei parallel each other. Asuka's true, inner self is the doll. She always wished she were the doll that her mother loved, and when her mother died, she decided to become totally self-reliant, to reject that. But it's still there on the inside. And that's why she hates Rei, because she's jealous. Because Rei is exactly who she wishes SHE could be: A passive person, totally reliant and accepting of other people's (Shinji's) affection. But she can't let herself be that way, because of what happened with Kyoko.

Rei, on the other hand, was originally (as Rei I) MUCH more like teen-Asuka than Rei II/III. What changed? I think it was the trauma of being choked by Naoko. (Admittedly, a certain part of Rei I's soul was placed into 00, so that might explain it, but... I recognize the imperfections of this part...) Now SHE's the outwardly passive one.

I wrote a full post about this on reddit, as well as one on Rei's side of the equation. May want to take a look ;).

silvermoonlight wrote:It's worth reading ghost of Evangelion by Bagheera and Second Try by Jimmy Wolk as both go in to the subject of Asuka as a mother and her and Shinji as parents.

I may very well do that. Thanks!

P.S. I love how, even in a simple image thread, we can get into these discussions. EGF is a nice place~ ^_^
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:02 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:But I thought Asuka-san didn't want kids?

:huh:

The Asuka in my heart grown up into a beautiful adult and a splendid mom that would do anything to protect her children #believe

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:24 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:The Asuka in my heart grown up into a beautiful adult and a splendid mom that would do anything to protect her children #believe

like so?
SPOILER: Show

Whats the best pic you have of Splendid mom Asuka?

On an unrelated note i'm freaking out now.
I live in Miami Florida.
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 am

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:Whats the best pic you have of Splendid mom Asuka?

Mummy Asuka  SPOILER: Show

Shinji's been spreading it about, it seems!  SPOILER: Show

But then, clones are a bit obvious  SPOILER: Show

Rei's turn  SPOILER: Show
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 am

Ugh. The idea of Rei and Shinji knocking boots never sat well with me. For all intents and purposes they're brother and sister--this is basically incest.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Ugh. The idea of Rei and Shinji knocking boots never sat well with me. For all intents and purposes they're brother and sister--this is basically incest.

Yeah, I get that weird vomit-y feeling everytime it's mentioned.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Ugh. The idea of Rei and Shinji knocking boots never sat well with me. For all intents and purposes they're brother and sister--this is basically incest.

I agree I see them as bother and sister saying this though the fanfiction Neon Metathesis Evangelion pulls this off really well though the author has not mentioned yet who Rei's mother is and I think when they finally get around to it I see them mentioning it not being Yui. As I think this concept only works if you change the donor or that its in fact Naoko Akagi who switched the frozen egg vials from Yui's to her own to spite Gendo, as I read that in another fanfiction and it worked really well and I could see it happening thus giving a work around to the incest issue.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:01 am

Mummy Shinji...  SPOILER: Show
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:22 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:

Wanted to add this as it looks like the first time Kaworu met female Shnji in school. ^_^

Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:35 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:

I'm severly disappointed by lack of undead Shinji.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby vito » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:53 am

Another Asuka by Boyaking

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:52 pm

ASSuka.

It's ridiculous the amount of butt shots fan artists put her in.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 pm

^

No more ridiculous the amount of times Shinji is put in a dress. BUT, like Asuka, he can pull them off. XD
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm

vito wrote:Another Asuka by Boyaking

I need more

Ray wrote:ASSuka.

It's no more ridiculous than the amount of butt shots Anno put in 3.0.

Asuka

Rei

Shinji

Shinji and Asuka

Shinji and Kaworu

Last edited by Joseki on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby vito » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:55 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:ASSuka.

Well this fanart is based on a figure (Alter's specifically)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Joseki wrote:It's no more ridiculous than the amount off butt shots Anno put in 3.0.

Sooo much booty... never even noticed how often that happened. Must be immune to fanservice -o-;
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Nooooo! Now that the butts and boobs are everywhere I've become desensitized to them!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:22 pm

^^

I think it's mainly because those are objectively great shots that fits the context of the scene, you only notice them if you watch the movie with an analytical approach.

Return to “Old Stickies”