So who here is into Samurai Jack?

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Re: So who here is into Samurai Jack?

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 am

View Original PostSettie wrote:I must admit the finale gave me feels. I kinda knew it was coming but still, seeing Ashi disappear and Jack crying was tough to watch. Worse when you consider all the people he met in the future will likely also not exist anymore. Damn, 13 years and it's finally over, bittersweet ending and all it was still very enjoyable.

Yeah I kinda wonder if jack realized he erased everyone after Ashi vanished and thought "Damn, I really didnt think this through as much as I should have!"

But yeah I'm not sure how much I like that they did that, I mean I kinda feel like how in alien 3 when everyone Ripley knew died at the beginning of the movie, except here its like everyone we have ever met in the samurai jack series except for Jacks parents and maybe some aliens since the timeline shift probably didnt effect other worlds as much as earth. But yeah Jack saved the past but everyone in the new timelines gone, was it worth it? Maybe? I'm not really sure.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed May 24, 2017 3:25 am

Defectron wrote:But yeah Jack saved the past but everyone in the new timelines gone, was it worth it? Maybe? I'm not really sure.

I can see where you're coming from, and kind of thought the same thing after the final episode. In the end, going back to the past was really the optimal choice - erasing Aku and his terrible influence over the world. Otherwise Jack would live knowing he let his people suffer and die, as well as countless others.

With that said, I did not get nearly enough awkward JackxAshi romance. Genndy pls.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

JungFreud
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JungFreud » Wed May 24, 2017 3:43 am

So Samurai Jack just went edgy? I haven't rechecked the series for long times ago

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:21 pm

No it didn't go edgy. Still feels like the same show to me just with some blood added in a few episodes. Ending was a bit too melancholy for me. Like I was a bit mad lol.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Samurai Jack Blows the competition out of the water at the creative arts emmys.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/events ... ion-emmys/

OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN ANIMATION

Samurai Jack “XCIII” • Adult Swim • Cartoon Network Studios: Bryan Andrews, Storyboard Artist

Samurai Jack “XCIII” • Adult Swim • Cartoon Network Studios: Scott Wills, Production Designer

Samurai Jack “XCII” • Adult Swim • Cartoon Network Studios: Craig Kellman, Character Designer

Regardless of what people think of the finale, I hope the Success of Jacks revival will encourage cartoon network to bring back action cartoons to the network proper instead of quarantining them all to late night on Toonami.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Well, now that season 5 has been over for a few months, why don't we go over some of our favorite parts of the whole series. Favorite episodes, moments, characters, ect.

My favorite character would probably be the Scotsman. He known for his two specialties, fighting and roasting/insulting people. Like the time he first met Jack and when he roasted Aku for being a coward in season five. He might as well get his own live reality show as a roaster.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Return to “Film and Video”