Moments When You Hated/Were Frustrated With Characters

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: Moments where you hated characters you usually like

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 am

View Original PostTheCarkolum wrote:A character is defined by what it does through the show. And bear in mind Asuka does not always do things that matches her real being, her true personality. Her cunt personality can be a little distracting, but I love the character anyways. Don't mind if she is a cunt, it's not like I was perfect and nice all the time... She's not a cunt-and-that's-it.

How is it that she isn't? And just what is her true self? Surely, there's a better Asuka beneath that later she puts up for herself?
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:59 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:How is it that she isn't? And just what is her true self? Surely, there's a better Asuka beneath that later she puts up for herself?

I think what TheCarkolum may be referring to is what is known as the public face as people normally have a face they show the public which is Asuka's not so nice ego face and her private face which shows after she kisses Shinji and it goes wrong where she's breaking down and vulnerable and going why didn't you hold me? As well as feeling stupid for trying as she's angry at herself for trying to reach out to someone and gain there love because she's deeply conflicted and thinks she doesn't need or possibly doesn't deserve to loved because she knows she not nice to people or possibly not worthy of any love given.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I think what TheCarkolum may be referring to what is known as the public face as people normally have a face they show the public which is Asuka's not so nice ego face and her private face which shows after she kisses Shinji and it goes wrong where she breaking down and vulnerable and going why didn't you hold me? As well as feeling stupid for trying as she's angry at herself for trying to reach out to someone and gain there love because she's deeply conflicted and thinks she doesn't need or possibly doesn't deserve to loved because she knows she not nice to people or possibly not worthy of any love given.

Yes, Asuka is full of contradictions. She wants to be alone but she doesn't. She hates everyone but she needs anyone. Her cunt personality is just a cover, I understand her behavior, you know? In a certain way I do because I relate to her. OK, not that she is not OK with being a cunt, only she got used to. Furthermore, she is not always super cunt, sometimes if somebody gets close to her she can be a little nice and funny. Yes, the cunt vibe is still there, but what do we can? She is like that...

Anyways, what I was referring to is don't judge Asuka too soon. Look at the things she does through the series and you'll see her persona is not so one-sided. The actions of a character define her personality.
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

The Flying Fortress
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The Flying Fortress » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:57 am

Gendo: Because I would not mind him having that evil behavior just for ego's sake, but then they fucked up saying that he wanted to join Yui.

Misato: I liked Misato until episode 16, so she slapped Ritsuko, it's such a embarrassing moment, what did she want from Ritsuko?, Save her little boy instead of Eva? , Ritsuko just said the right things, there were risks, Misato always knew this, but made it personal. The same scene in episode 20, again, Misato did not understand Ritsuko's subliminal message and hit her, this time in front of Nerv's employees, these are anti-professional attitudes that make me despise her sometimes.

Fuyutsuky: This guy seems to be aware of everything, even superior to Gendo in the scenery of things, a gentleman who uses all his experience and knowledge, I always thought that Fuyutsuky would have a great outcome, but he was deceived by Yui's bittersweet face as Gendo.

Hyuga: We all like an awkward nerd like Hyuga, but he managed to scratch that image on ep 20, I mean, he compared Misato to Eva Berserk! Hyuga, I can not believe you said that, I just can not. Smarter than that, the worst was the situation totally out of context to say this, but wait ... nerds are like that, they do it! , Hyuga is within your stereotype! I love you Hyuga!

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 am

Yui, she seems so fun in the Manga but in EoE I'm just like "You psycho
bitch, you're going to put your kid through all that just to leave a corpse behind?" What the fuck.

Oh and Asuka with the kiss, fuck you Asuka, fuck you.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”