Rebuild Instrumentality Theory

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Rebuild Instrumentality Theory

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Unit-01 is heavily implied to be one of the four Adams in NTE. Unit-13 as well.

For 13, they skip the "imply" part and just flat-out state it. :tongue:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Sachi wrote:Unit-01 is heavily implied to be one of the four Adams in NTE. Unit-13 as well.

Reichu wrote:For 13, they skip the "imply" part and just flat-out state it. :tongue:

In other words, I've seriously got to re-watch the Rebuilds.

Regardless, I like the idea of all the excess LCL being linked to the Chamber of Guf. However, Second Impact happened in NGE as well; and yet in that version of events the LCL didn't pollute all the worlds oceans like it did in NTE. So wouldn't this mean -- assuming the LCL came from Guf in both continuities -- that there is a lot more LCL in NTE's Chamber of Guf than there is in NGE's? And if so... what's the reason behind this change? I may be working from mistaken assumptions here, though.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:14 pm

I think it's a mistake applying the logic in reverse from NTE to NGE. There may be ideas developed exclusively for NTE that weren't a part of NGE at all.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

writer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby writer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:57 am

Just rewatched Eoe and I had a few thoughts that I believe may be pertinent to this thread.

Final Scene EoE = 0.0; Post-Retribution Earth. Between this moment and 3.0, the world is rebuilt.

After 3rd Impact Shinji selfishly recreates the post-apocalyptic dreamworld world (0.0-1.0) to be stronger for his friends, missing his potential to save mankind outright.
Instead of paradise, he creates a world where he and his friends are together fighting Angels endlessly. These are Characters are different from the real people that are in 0.0-3.0 and beyond, though they do appear similar to EvaTV characters.
1.0-2.0 is Shinji's "dream" during 3rd Impact (Retribution), seemingly ended by Kaworu in 2.0 but actually ended by Asuka during Eva 01's awakening at the beginning of 3.0.
Shinji 2.0 is reborn when Shinji 3.0 is retrieved from space, connecting Shinji's dream with reality. This is why he remembers saving Ayanami when no one else does. Everyone else remembers only EoE and has not seen Shinji's dream.

In 0.0, Shinji washes up on shore, then Rebuilds the World. 1.0 and 2.0 happen before 0.0 during 3rd Impact (Retribution). 3.0 happens 15 years after EoE/0.0. 4.0 (or 3.0+1.0) is the link between Shinji's dreamworld and the world left after the 3rd impact.

{BELOW ARE MORE HAIRBRAINED THEORIES}  SPOILER: Show
{Eva 4.0 - Shinji goes back in time to save Asuka and Misato from 3rd impact, and hopefully save the world once and for all.
Kaworu is EVA Series. Shinji cannot forgive Kaworu for killing Asuka and choses to destroy him, allowing Rei/Lilith to regain control of the Earth.
Mari is Yui's partner/Asuka's mother. Reborn after 3rd impact is "reversed" by Shinji. In EvaTV/EoE she is Nigoki. She created Beast Mode after 3rd Impact (Retribution) to save Asuka from running out of power.
3.0 Asuka has the memory of being torn apart and watching the 3rd impact (retribution). This causes her to hate Shinji.}
Shinji did nothing wrong!

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:46 pm

View Original Postwriter wrote:1.0-2.0 is Shinji's "dream" during 3rd Impact (Retribution), seemingly ended by Kaworu in 2.0 but actually ended by Asuka during Eva 01's awakening at the beginning of 3.0.
Shinji 2.0 is reborn when Shinji 3.0 is retrieved from space, connecting Shinji's dream with reality. This is why he remembers saving Ayanami when no one else does. Everyone else remembers only EoE and has not seen Shinji's dream.

In 0.0, Shinji washes up on shore, then Rebuilds the World. 1.0 and 2.0 happen before 0.0 during 3rd Impact (Retribution). 3.0 happens 15 years after EoE/0.0. 4.0 (or 3.0+1.0) is the link between Shinji's dreamworld and the world left after the 3rd impact.

I think I've heard of this idea (Shinji returning to reality in 3.0) before, but I still largely prefer 3.0 being a continuation of Instrumentality rather than an unpleasant awakening from it. That's just because I enjoy the thought of it better, though; your idea certainly has no less validity than mine!
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”