Question about the ending of EoE

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

DarkSoul01
Embryo

Question about the ending of EoE

•      
  •      

Postby DarkSoul01 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:15 am

I recently finished EoE and i have a question about the end

Can someone explained to me why Asuka's the only one that returns in the end after Shinji refused instrumentality ? Or she's just the first one ?

If she's the only one .. It means that Shinji and Asuka are the new Adam and Eve ?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Question about the ending of EoE

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:41 am

She's the first - we've been told that anyone can return. It's not clear where people may return, and it's also implied that there was an interval between Shinji's return and Asuka's (rust on the cross from the nail is used as the justification for that - but OTOH Shinji shows little sign of the effects of time).

Bagheera's post-EoE story Ghosts of Evangelion (discussion here) is an example of one which has people returning after an interval and then over a long period (and some not at all).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Kaworu starts to prepare Shinji for dual-piloting (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkSoul01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DarkSoul01 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:43 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:She's the first - we've been told that anyone can return. It's not clear where people may return, and it's also implied that there was an interval between Shinji's return and Asuka's (rust on the cross from the nail is used as the justification for that - but OTOH Shinji shows little sign of the effects of time).

Bagheera's post-EoE story Ghosts of Evangelion (discussion here) is an example of one which has people returning after an interval and then over a long period (and some not at all).

Is this from director or fan ?

What's most important things that happened in GoE ?

Cybermat47
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:45 am

View Original PostDarkSoul01 wrote:Is this from director or fan ?

A fan.

Read it and find out :wink:
My fanfics:
Evangelion 2.9: You Will (Not) Survive
Godzilla VS Evangelion: Who Will Know?

"I have to count my blessings, I have to learn my lessons, my fate is in the balance, I must go on believing!"
- Fate by Shirō Sagisu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:05 am

View Original PostDarkSoul01 wrote:Is this from director or fan ?

A fan, the fourth most prolific poster here, recently banned.

It's a wide-ranging examination of Asuka's and Shinji's relationship for the rest of their lives (including a child and their deaths in old age), how they processed their PTSD, and how it affected their relationships with others who returned at various times.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Kaworu starts to prepare Shinji for dual-piloting (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”