[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:10 pm

I want to see this just for Jack Black being a teenage girl.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Some horror movie news...

Leatherface...
Leatherface will land exclusively on DirecTV on September 21, 2017, with a limited theatrical run and full VOD release through Lionsgate to follow on October 20, 2017

Nightmare on Elm Street...
We reported back in 2015 that A Nightmare On Elm Street was getting another reboot courtesy of Warner Bros./New Line Cinema, with David Leslie Johnson (Orphan, The Conjuring 2) hired to pen the script. All went quiet on that front immediately thereafter, but Elm Street talks picked up again this week when Johnson was tapped to write The Conjuring 3.

Several fans, as well as websites, navigated over to Johnson’s IMDb page in the wake of the news, finding that not only was he still attached to write the upcoming Elm Street reboot, but that the website’s entry had an allegedly leaked plot description on it.

That plot, without anyone checking to see if it was legit, started spreading around the web…

When Brenton Higgins begins to appear in other people’s dreams at will, he has no idea that he is the illegitimate son of Freddy Krueger. Recently moving back to Elm Street, Brenton discovers his hidden past and finds himself on a collision cause with Freddy himself. Brenton is also pursued by a mysterious secret government agency, led by Professor Matthew Luk. They want his gift. What they don’t know is that they will get Krueger, with hell to pay.

We decided to do some digging of our own, and we can confirm today that the above plot description, as you might have guessed, is 100% BOGUS. It’s common knowledge that IMDb can be edited by pretty much anyone, and it seems a fan must’ve gone in to spread a false rumor.

Thank god, because that plot rundown is godawful.

Bloody Disgusting can also confirm that the David Leslie Johnson-penned A Nightmare On Elm Street reboot is very much still in the works. At the moment, New Line is focusing all of their energy on the quickly expanding The Conjuring Universe as well as the upcoming two-part adaptation of IT, which would explain why we haven’t heard anything from the Elm Street camp since 2015. With Johnson now focusing on the third Conjuring, it could be a little while before we get some fresh news.

Glad this franchise is moving forward since F13 isn't.
On that fake plot leak, I don't think it sounded bad, a female lead would have been much better tho.
The idea of the government trying to harness dream abilities sounds cool and something different without being alien to the franchise conceptually.
I would be a hell of a lot better then rehashing the original again. They better have learned that fucking lesson from the 2010 film.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:43 pm

I liked the last reboot, I just think they missed a serious opportunity.

Freddy should have been innocent before he died.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Interesting. I'm glad he's branching out and doing something different. Last I remember reading, he was going to do another WWII war film or something, and he's done 2 Westerns in a row, so this is a refreshing change of pace. It's definitely nothing like he's ever done before.

Also, long hair does not suit Q at this stage of his male pattern baldness. Dude should either have his hair cut reasonably short or shaved completely.

Also, inb4 Chuckman hate.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:35 pm

He's going to look like some sort of stock villain no matter how he does his hair.

Short Hair Tarantino: Creepy pervert henchman

Long Hair Tarantino: Business mogul mastermind villain

Shaved Tarantino: James Bond Villain

...now I'm sad he'll never shave his head and play a Bond villain.
the prophecy is true

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:35 pm

The trailer for A Wrinkle in Time. The only thing I can say about it at this moment is that I wouldn't mind hearing the full remix of "Sweet Dreams."
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am

James Franco IS Tommy Wiseau. He and Seth Rogen are making a movie about The Room. https://youtu.be/4qab3TMg42k

"I did not hit her, I did noooot. Oh hi, Mark."
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:10 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:James Franco IS Tommy Wiseau. He and Seth Rogen are making a movie about The Room. https://youtu.be/4qab3TMg42k

"I did not hit her, I did noooot. Oh hi, Mark."

Wouldn't it be the most hilariously ironic thing EVER if this movie wins an Oscar? I mean, they are specifically timing the release to coincide with awards season. A24 must know they have a winner on their hands. They've been releasing a ton of interesting films lately and they just won a Best Picture Oscar last year. Based on that, and the glowing reception at SXSW a few months ago, this looks to be a surefire winner.

I wholeheartedly recommend the book that this movie is based on, written by Greg Sestero (AKA Mark) with Tom Bissel. It is hilarious, eye-opening, touching, creepy, and sad.

I cannot wait for this fucking movie.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Trailer for Leatherface, really surprised, this looks a lot more stylish and visually striking then 3D's trailers did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhOWHvrnto

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:07 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:The Dark Tower - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjwfqXTebIY
Not familiar with the novels/comics but is a must watch for me with the leads being among my top 3 favorite currently working actors. (the other being Fassbender)
I am told by a strong fan that it doesn't resemble the source at all, Thoughts?

View Original Postcyharding wrote:^That strong fan you mentioned is completely right. It seems as if they are merging elements from multiple books, especially the second, The Drawing of the Three. I wonder a version of either Eddie or Susanna will appear is this film if that's the case?

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I love The Dark Tower series! It could very easily be the greatest work Stephen King has ever done! It's certainly the most complex & intricate. They're truly wonderful reads that feature some of the best pure writing King has ever done & really showcases why he's one of the most important authors of the past 50 years!

If this movie was supposed to be a direct adaptation of the books I would be upset/wary because it's nothing like them. But, the interesting thing is this film & the series it could inspire if it's a hit is meant to be -

SPOILER: Show
a sequel to the novels. It's said to work perfectly fine as a standalone movie but that the narrative makes the viewer aware this is a continuation of a previous story.

I'm cautiously optimistic. At the very least I hope this & IT are good adaptations so I can pull a Double Feature sometime soon.

The director did a Q&A on Reddit and seemed really enthusiastic and a big fan.
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... er_ask_me/

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:58 am

The Dark Tower novels contain some of the finest writing of Stephen King's career & the saga as a whole really is the pinnacle of his rich body of work. If you have not done so you should really set aside many hours to read them & be immersed in some of the finest fantasy/sci-fi storytelling of the past 50 years.

I'll be paying top dollar to see the 88 minute movie version of the series this weekend but not expecting much. It has yet to screen for this critics and this Variety article does not inspire confidence. Whatever the film ends up being (Idris Elba is inspired casting no matter what happens) you should still read the novels if you haven't done so.

And if you have read them.... read them again.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-d ... 202511835/

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:59 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:If you have not done so you should really set aside many hours to read them & be immersed in some of the finest fantasy/sci-fi storytelling of the past 50 years.

:thumbsup:
I have a obscene amount of Novels to read but I will try and make a push to try them soon.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Went into The Dark Tower hoping for the best. Yes, I am a passionate fan of the book series & have loved it for years but was willing to give the new film the benefit of the doubt as its own thing.

It's hot garbage. Does not even work as a film. Which is a travesty because Idris Elba is perfect casting for Roland Deschain. Sadly the movie gets nothing right about his character including his quest for the Dark Tower (in the books he's basically the man with the strongest of wills who is a junkie for the Tower, in the film he doesn't care about the Tower at all and is just out for revenge). Worst is the film doesn't even work as a movie. I am well versed in almost everything about Stephen King's Mid-World so when the movie would bring up something for 30 seconds I could vaguely understand what was going on but if I was just watching this as a filmgoer with zero familiarity with the novels I would be so confused. Not just failing on story levels the film fails as cinema. The Dark Tower novels are heavily inspired by the spaghetti westerns of Sergio Leone so at the very least they could have given Roland - probably King's greatest character - a truly cinematic introduction. Nah. He's introduced in a mid-shot that wouldn't be out of place on TV. It also fails as an action film with the coolest moment in the movie being that shot when Roland just pours bullets into his revolver & they never even attempt to do anything half as compelling as that again.

So yeah, it's a bad film all around. And all the talk of it possibly being a sequel to the novels means nothing when the film doesn't even hint at that concept in the core of the narrative. Just an element people talked about in the marketing. On the bright side the film adaptation encouraged me to re-read the entire saga again last year & that was a delight. So there's always that.

The trailer for IT before the film looked like an adaptation that truly respects the works of Stephen King. I'd say skip The Dark Tower & wait for that.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Akiva Goldsman keeps on proving that A Beautiful Mind was an exception and not the rule. Seriously, whenever I see his name attached to something, it's like a red flag.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm

http://static.messynessychic.com/wp-con ... ion-09.jpg

News: ABC Orders a live action sitcom reboot of 'The Jetsons' .

. . . This could actually work, IF they do it right.

They could embrace the whole 1960's retro-futuristic design for the show. Add in some wicked social satire like DC did with their Flintstones comics (which is a LOT better than it has any right to be I'll have you know), and this could have the makings of one of the great comedy classics.

Think, Home Improvement, set in the world of Fallout 4 before the nukes fall.

One thing I'm dreading though, is Astro. They'll probably do him in CGI like in the Scooby-Doo movies (which have NOT aged well at all). ABC, please use a real dog.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:47 am

More good slasher news.
Hatchet 4 has been secretly filmed & is ready for release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSwSTsLWgk

Dark Sky Films has just announced that Victor Crowley, the surprise fourth film in the fan-favorite Hatchet franchise is actually done. In fact it screened last night! Kept tightly under wraps for over two years, the slasher reboot unexpectedly debuted last night at Hollywood’s ArcLight Cinema, shocking fans, celebrities, and industry professionals who gathered this evening to celebrate at an event coined as a “Hatchet 10th Anniversary Celebration.

Set a decade after the events of the series’ first three films, Victor Crowley reunites Hatchet mainstays Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th 7 –X‘s Jason Voorhees) and Parry Shen (Better Luck Tomorrow) for an all-new, horrifying journey into the haunted, blood-drenched bayou.

In 2007, forty-nine people were brutally torn to pieces in Louisiana’s Honey Island Swamp. Over the past decade, lone survivor Andrew Yong’s claims that local legend Victor Crowley was responsible for the horrific massacre have been met with great controversy, but when a twist of fate puts him back at the scene of the tragedy, Crowley is mistakenly resurrected and Yong must face the bloodthirsty ghost from his past.

Victor Crowley’s ensemble cast also features Laura Ortiz (2006’s The Hills Have Eyes), Dave Sheridan (Scary Movie), and Brian Quinn (truTV’s “Impractical Jokers”). Writer/director Adam Green proudly returns to the director’s chair of his series that, upon debuting in 2007, was energetically touted as a return to “old school American horror,” and whose maniacal fan-favorite villain quickly secured a place among slasher royalty.

Says Green, “I couldn’t be happier to partner with Dark Sky Films and bring Victor Crowley back to horror fans around the world. Resurrecting the series for its tenth anniversary was our way of saying thank you to everyone in The Hatchet Army and beyond who have supported this series since its inception. This bloodbath is for all of you.”

Victor Crowley will hit select U.S. theaters in October 2017 as part of Dark Sky Films’ “Victor Crowley Road Show”, wherein writer/director Adam Green (and other cast) will travel with and introduce the film at special one-night screening events across America. Internationally, the film is slated to bow at festivals worldwide – it will receive its international premiere this Saturday, August 26th at FrightFest in London, England. Adam Green and Kane Hodder will be in attendance for the gala screening.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:15 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Trailer for Leatherface, really surprised, this looks a lot more stylish and visually striking then 3D's trailers did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhOWHvrnto

Glowing review for the film.
http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/review ... w#/slide/1

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:06 am

20th Century Fox is currently in talks to revive King of the Hill.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/king-of ... 202519401/

I am both excited and very very terrified for this.

The original King of the Hill was a product of its time. It was the perfect balance between making fun of Middle America and celebrating it. And in my opinion ended the perfect way with Bobby and Hank coming together and finding a future career for Bobby that both of them could agree on.

So while I am looking forward to this I am also very skeptical.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 am

King of the Hill was canceled before it's time. I would love a last hurrah by Mike Judge and co.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Film and Video”