From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:27 am

Wow. I really feel like I need to see NTE now... I didn't realize that 3.0 had that much potential.

@Phwodges
With Kaworu, huh? Much as the idea of Shinji/Kaworu intercourse intrigues me (I cannot deny it), I still feel that I'd rather stick him with one of the female pilots. (For one thing, at least in my version, I would want it to be completely accidental. I have doubts that anything Kaworu would do could be considered accidental; he always seems to have a pretty good idea of what's going on (well, 'cept the whole "Adam/Lilith" thing).)

@Reichu
Don't worry, I don't plan to watch it :). But, for benefit of others:
SPOILER: Show
Giant versions of the pilots? Really? Well, then I understand why they couldn't do the deed in that form.

But then, on the other hand, the Evas are kinda female (Anno's whole "uterus" thing)... But maybe they can be re-interpreted as hermaphrodites? Hmm... Yeah, I'm not really sure how it'd actually be justified in-story... But no reason I can't contradict established canon! And yes, you're right; the female one would have to take a dominant role... (By the way: that might make it seem like Rei'd have to be the one to do it. Because (at least in my head-canon) Rei's true self is Rei I, and aggressive, while Asuka's is "the doll", and passive... And I was going to say "No, 'cause the Eva's are doing it on their own"... but if it's brought about by the high sync rate, then the pilots' souls would have to be involved in some way. So, yeah. Rei it is.)
Kimochi warui  SPOILER: Show
Also, considering what we know about what happens when sync rate gets really high, how injuries to the Eva are sustained by the pilot... You do realize that this means that the pilots would go through all the ordinary physiological trappings of sex. Complete with yogurt all over Shinji's plugsuit. How's that for an image?

P.S. Wow, that's a lot of ellipses.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:00 pm

After rereading "creative principle " I wondered, how Aki (Shinji and Asukas Daughter) from 2nd Try would be different growing up raised by this version of post Impact Shinji and Asuka .

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:52 pm

^

Considering the state of the world that it's in, I think it's safe to say that I don't think that Aki would even exist, since Shinji and Asuka haven't really reached that point that they were comfortable with each other, even with intimacy.

In the 2nd Try, while Aki's birth was originally an accident, Asuka and Shinji were at least comfortable with each other enough to be pillars of support in their times of need, which helped greatly in Aki's development.

In the Creative Principle though, they are unfortunately in an unhealthy state of dependency, where they hurt each other still, but still need each other. That, and communication between them is still pretty visceral and difficult. In this state, especially with Shinji's guilt, he probably would be against having a child and fear of being a bad father like his own.

Plus, while it is a post-3I world, they probably have better birth control than the 2nd Try, if the world is stable enough to have a trial.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Glor » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:13 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:After rereading "creative principle " I wondered, how Aki (Shinji and Asukas Daughter) from 2nd Try would be different growing up raised by this version of post Impact Shinji and Asuka .

Probably a lot like her parents. Withdrawn and emotionally stunted.

EDIT: Now I want to read about Asuka and Shinji as dysfunctional, world-weary parents - and not because of PTSD.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:10 pm

I wish I still had time to write fan fiction. I have an idear.

[spoiler]Rei: That gum you like is coming back in style.{/spoiler]
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:There's the hint of some bad blood between them -- look at the way Asuka squints at Misato when she says, "Isn't that right, Captain Katsuragi?" Not enough to get in the way of what needs to be done in the present, but something emotionally unresolved regardless.

This might be subjective/ a case of insufficient data, but I read that very differently.
Misato's holding back & being all quiet & terse because she's inwardly wresting with all the feelings Shinji's presence is stirring up and Asuka was telling her to get her head in the game.

It struck me as being a lot like how Misato and Ritsuko used to interact, when they would give each other the rank-&-last-name when they wanted to remind the other of the stakes. Asuka gets to do that now; She's a co-worker more than a charge/ward now.

Otherwise they seem to be working nicely together, with Misato praising Asuka's performance at some point (I think?) and Asuka rather cheerfully going on about how "the mission first" is Misato's motto in a manner that implies approval - if anything Asuka's more cynical than Misato.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:21 am

For some reason, this popped into my mind yesterday.

a magical girl version of Eva.
Namely, the Angels are humanlike entities that go around sucking energy out of people, as usual in the genre. However, not all of them drain people to death and they're shown to consider what they're doing a dirty business.

What's going on is that the Angels are the last remnants of an Adamite civilization that developed on Earth prior to Lilith's arrival during First Impact. When it did, the clash between it and Adam ended up destroying the world; these Angels are the only ones who escaped the catastrophe by way of an Instrumentality. Second Impact did not awaken Adam, it only loosened the seal on it enough for it to materialize the Angels back to the physical plane of existence and send them out to collect energy for it to break the seal and fully awaken.

But what the Angels are actually trying to do is to use that energy to reinforce Adam's seal, not break it, in order to keep it from destroying the world again. Additionally, they seek out Lilith's resting place not out of mistaking her for Adam, but as a backup plan to find a way to destroy her so that even if Adam gets loose, he won't turn humanity into roadkill fighting her.

The Angels themselves look human for the most part but still have a core sticking out of their lower chest. Although it is extremely hard (far harder than their bones), it is entirely possible to damage it; even the tiniest scratch to it is agonizingly painful for the Angel, akin to your internal organs being slowly cut with a yellow-hot blade. If it is actually shattered, the Angel does not die right away but instead slowly dissolves into LCL over the next few minutes, fully conscious and aware until the very last second but mostly powerless and unable to do anything about it.

Essentially, the core is the Angel's phylactery that keeps their soul bound to the body. The reason why they need cores but humans don't is because of Angel souls having an innate "Your Mind Makes It Real" effect that hooks into their AT-field to create all the physics fuckery stuff we see them do in canon. Thing is, this also makes the soul incompatible with a physical body due to the soul's lack of grasp on a fixed reality (that is, the soul being able to make reality conform to it rather than being restricted by it) making it unable to assume a fixed form - which is where a core comes in, basically acting as a filter between the soul and the body. Without this filtering, the body breaks down into its base components due to the soul unintentionally making its AT-field ever so slightly fluctuate physical constants like the fine-structure constant, breaking the chemical bonds holding the body's base components together.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:50 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:For some reason, this popped into my mind yesterday.

Haha... I myself happened to independently (not having seen the forums since yesterday afternoon) come up with the idea of an Eva/Madoka crossover in which the Children would be Magical Girls... (well, Shinji & Kaworu aren't a girls, but they're close enough :tongue: .)

Of course, what you wrote is much cooler/better-thought out than my embryonic idea. ^_^

Lastly, it's been a while since I've seen the word 'phylactery'. :thumbsup:
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:13 am

Funny thing is, that's actually the second magical girl Eva idea I came up with so far.

The first concept is much more detailed and involves, among others, the Evas being technoorganic symbiotes reverse-engineered off Iruel and the story ending with girl!Shinji epically snapping and wrecking the planet in a massive "why can't you just leave me alone?! :bawl: " tantrum upon realizing the extent to which she's been manipulated by everyone. Yui Ikari, here's a hint: if you're trying to turn your daughter into a goddess because a prophecy states she will destroy the world and recreate it in her chosen image, do not treat her like Gendo did in canon or you run the risk of her not playing along when the time comes! :facepalm:
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Postby ArvisTaljik » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:50 am

I've had this junk knocking around in my skull for a while and while I do write fic, I've never come close to touching Eva so I'm just going to dump this down here for $hits and giggles. I'm also a bit of a technical writing junkie (though I can do dialogue and narrative just as well) so I apologize if this seems a bit too "outliney". Also, if something doesn't make sense in one section then that's likely because there's an explanation in another section. Just keep reading (if you care lol).

Tossed in a spoiler tag because it's a wall of text...

SPOILER: Show
Setting
2017, 17 years post-2nd Impact, no red oceans (eew?...), and Antarctica is a giant red blood-spattered crater. Adam got Longinus-ed through his core mid-Impact and basically pulled a Rebuild Sahaquiel and exploded all over the place...SPLAT!!!...thanks to Dr. Katsuragi. 2I did cause environmental changes, introductions of new species of life, and there was a period of about 6 years during which political tensions around the world flared up and all the major powers at the time decided to toss some non-nuclear ordnance and troops at each other. Everything is now pretty much stable and national borders weren't really affected all that much. NATO is the other organization next to the UN that holds the majority of the power though SEELE has almost no influence on NATO as a whole, unlike the UN (which is pretty much SEELE's puppet). The IPEA treaty limits the co-location of Eva units to 4 in a single nation (vice 3 in canon).

Characters
  • Shinji Ikari - 17 y/o, Eva pilot of Unit 01 then Unit 13. Protagonist of the story but nowhere near the pushover/emotional pincushion he is in canon. Seems normal during most interactions if a bit reserved but is actually more of the strong silent type. Still has most of the same crappy things happen to him as in canon, just with a different final outcome at the end. Physically he's "skinny ripped" (Google it) and he has a tendency to answer confrontation with sarcasm. Does not give in to or put up with Asuka's bull$hit.
  • Rei Ayanami - 17 y/o?, Eva pilot of Unit 00 then Unit 09, created by combining Yui Ikari's donated eggs and Lilith's DNA, secondary protagonist. Pretty much canon Rei but with a real human being inside the quiet exterior. Loyal to Gendo/NERV but really just wants to find what her purpose in life is. She does not want to die but wants to find happiness, somehow.
  • Gendo Ikari - Old, Supreme Commander of NERV. Mostly NGE canon Gendo with the exception that he really does want to do right by Shinji but has no clue where to start. Realizes eventually that he's on the wrong path, hands NERV over to Misato and Ritsuko and goes on his own private anti-SEELE campaign (off-grid) with Kozou in tow.
  • Misato Katsuragi - Early 30's, Operations Director of NERV. Also pretty much Rebuild canon Misato except that she comes to the realization of what's actually going on (post-Zeruel) and refuses to accept that humanity is irrecoverable. Assumes command of NERV and takes up the fight against the remaining Angels and eventually SEELE.
  • Ritsuko Akagi - Early 30's, Head of Project E. Starts off NGE canon and starts to go more Rebuild later. Finds out that she's been lied to more often than told the truth when it comes to the Angels, Evangelions, and the whole point of it all. Decides to stop going along with everything unquestioningly and supports Misato's reformed NERV once they realize who the real bad guys are.
  • Kozou Fuyutsuki - Old, canon Kozou. Stands behind Gendo (literally and figuratively) the entire time.
  • Asuka Langley-Shikinami - 17 y/o, Eva pilot of Unit 02/02r(repair), secondary protagonist. Mostly Rebuild canon Asuka, comes to the conclusion later on that her hostility towards Shinji is actually admiration and she has absolutely no idea how to handle that. Lots of yelling ensues before reaching an understanding.
  • Mari (Marie) Makinami-Illustrious - 17 y/o, Eva pilot of Unit 05 then Unit 08, secondary protagonist. In true British fashion, she teases people she likes and is overly polite with people she doesn't care for. Also, unlike in Rebuild, she actually speaks Queen's English.
  • Kaworu Nagisa - 17 y/o, Eva pilot of Unit 06, secondary protagonist, and an Angel(?). Contains a splinter of Adam's soul, though he is human by birth. Undisclosed parents, raised under the auspices of SEELE until he is deployed to Tokyo-3 where everything he thought was true gets turned on its head. Decides in the end that he can't abide by SEELE's plan as that would result in him losing the person he cares most about, and that's unaccetable.
  • Toji/Kensuke/Hikari/Mana/Sakura/Everyone else at Tokyo-3 Municipal High School - 17 y/o, vary from Eva pilot (Toji, Unit 04) to just friends or acquaintances (everyboy else...mostly). Hikari is a paranoid neat-freak who will tackle-dive to catch the chalkboard eraser you accidentally dropped. Kensuke is not only a military and Eva otaku but also an amateur hacker. Mana and Sakura latch onto Asuka "Mean Girls" style and the trio end up terrorizing everyone else with their various antics. There are endless options here... plenty of room to play around with people.
  • Everybody else...? - either canon or not. Changes can happen to move the story along and so forth.

The Angels
Listed in chronological order of appearance in the story (order in which they are battled/defeated). There is also a greater passage of time between each Angel attack in this story, ranging from 2 weeks to 9 months between them.

• Adam - 1st Angel (ver. NGE). Found in Antartica, they poked him with a stick, he got angry, started 2nd Impact, tried to end the world, was thwarted by Dr. Katsuragi and the Lance of Longinus, and he exploded all over the continent ending 2nd Impact. His DNA is the basis for most of the Evangelion series used to combat the remainder of the angels. All angels with the exception of the 2nd are manifested from splinters of his own soul.
  • Lilith - 2nd Angel (ver. Rebuild). Found in the Black Moon under Japan. Things happened (Covenant with Lilith... say what?...) and she's now in NERV's basement nailed to a giant cross for some reason or another, who knows...
  • Sachiel - 4th Angel/3rd Splinter of Adam. Attacks Tokyo-3 at the same time Shinji arrives. Shinji gets in the fucking robot... and has his ass handed to him. This manages to piss him off and HE berzerks Unit 01 and trounces Sachiel in a semi-blind rage
  • Shamshel - 5th Angel/4th Splinter of Adam (ver. Rebuild). Attacks Tokyo-3, Shinji gets in the fucking robot again, saves 5 kids from his school (party in the Entry Plug!), before proceeding to rip off Shamshel's whips and beat the angel with them followed up by using his progressive knife on the core. This time, it bursts into LCL when its core is fractured (like most of the other angels...).
  • Ramiel/Remiel - 6th Angel/5th Splinter of Adam (ver. Rebuild). Attacks Bethany Base and frees the 3rd Angel. It and the 3rd Angel annihilate Bethany Base before leaving. After Bethany, both it and the 3rd Angel disappear for nearly a month.
  • PillSnakeiel(?) - 3rd Angel/2nd Splinter of Adam (Rebuild). Discovered buried/hibernating under Bethany Beach in 2002, resulting in the construction of Bethany Base. Dissected for years by NERV until it's freed by the 6th Angel. Disappears for nearly a month before reappearing, fully formed/healed, off the coast of Japan and making a straight shot toward Tokyo-3. It quickly knocks Unit 01 around with its unpredictable movements and actions before being engaged by Unit 05. Unit 05 manages to pin it to a building with a progressive jousting lance and kills it by fracturing its core with a progressive knife.
  • Gaghiel - 7th Angel/6th Splinter of Adam (ver. NGE). Attacks the UN Pacific fleet 600 mi west of Hawaii while Eva Unit 02 is being transported on board. Trounces half the fleet before being beaten by Asuka and Shinji in Unit 02. Results in the fleet turning back toward Hawaii.
  • Clockiel(?) - 8th Angel/7th Splinter of Adam (Rebuild). Appears off the coast of Japan and heads towards Sagami Bay while Unit 02 is being flown from Hawaii to Tokyo-3. Is defeated by Unit 02.
  • Israfel - 9th Angel/8th Splinter of Adam (NGE). Also manifests off Sagami Bay and is intercepted by Units 00, 01, 02, and 05. Splits into quadruplets and trounces the 4 Evas before having multiple N2's dropped on it. Faces off against the Evas again a week later and is defeated (NOT by dancing...).
  • Sandalaphon - 10th Angel/9th Splinter of Adam (NGE). Appears in a volcano and is engaged in the magma by Unit 02 during a failed capture operation. It retreats further into the volcano where it disappears for several months.
  • Matarael - 11th Angel/10th Splinter of Adam (NGE). Attacks Tokyo-3 with acid during a city-wide power outage. Irreparably damages Unit 05 in the initial attack. Is defeated by the combined efforts of Units 00, 01 and 02.
  • Sahaquiel - 12th Angel/11th Splinter of Adam (ver. Rebuild). Shows up in orbit with the intent of dropping itself on Tokyo-3. It is stopped and killed by Units 00, 01, and 02.
  • Bardiel - 13th Angel/12th Splinter of Adam (ver. Rebuild). Manifests in a thunderstorm and infects Unit 03 while it is being transported to Japan from Nevada as a replacement for Unit 05. Takes control of the Eva during its first activation with a temporary pilot (Asuka). Mari sorties in Unit 02 but is beaten, having both of 02's arms broken. Shinji refuses to fight in Unit 01 and the Dummy Plug is activated, defeating the angel, destroying Unit 03, and injuring Asuka.
  • Ramiel - 2nd Appearance - Shows up in Tokyo-3 mere days after Bardiel, leaving only Units 00 and 01 to combat it. (Insert scenes from Rebuild 1.0...)
  • Zeruel - 14th Angel/13th Splinter of Adam (ver. Rebuild). Smashes the defenses of Tokyo-3 and makes it into the Geofront. Mari deploys in Unit 02 and uses its Beast Mode to no effect. Rei sorties in the barely reparied Unit 00 with an N2 missile, also to no effect. Both 00 and 02 are heavily damaged in the fight allowing Zeruel to enter Central Dogma (it does NOT eat Rei). Shinji eventually goes out in Unit 01, kicks it out of base, beats on it, then his battery dies, Unit 01 gets trounced a bit before awakening and beating on Zeruel, but manages to get its head smashed in and leg ripped off by the Angel at the last second. Zeruel is destroyed when Unit 06 shows up, drops through the hole in the Geofront and impales Zeruel with the Lance of Cassius.
  • Iruel - 15th Angel/12th Splinter of Adam (NGE). Though named separately, is actually Bardiel 2.0. Bardiel's remnants were taken into quarantine in NERV where it breaks down into cells and begins invading NERV's systems, trying to take over the MAGI. It is defeated by Ritsuko and the bridge bunnies.
  • Leliel - 16th Angel/14th Splinter of Adam (There is a 9 month break between Iruel and Leliel). Appears out of nowhere over Tokyo-3 and is engaged by the rebuilt Unit 01 (now Unit 13), rebuilt Unit 00 (now Unit 09), Mari's new Unit 08 and Unit 06. The first encounter doesn't go as planned and Leliel's Dirac Sea begins to swallow Unit 09. Shinji attempts to rescue Rei but his Unit 13 is pulled in as well. The angel proceeds to muck with Rei and Shinji's minds for 18 hours until Shinji gets his act together, Unit 13 temporarily awakens and creates a mini-Impact inside Leliel before pulling himself and Rei out while simultanously destroying the angel.
  • Arael - 17th Angel/15th Splinter of Adam (NGE). Pops up in orbit during a torrential rain storm but doesn't do much until the Evas are deployed. Unit 06 is the first to come under attack, and thanks to some sort of angel-on-angel mojo, Kaworu is put out of commission pretty fast thanks to Unit 06 inexplicably shutting down for no reason. Asuka sorties in Unit 02r and Shinji in Unit 13, both with similar results due to psychic attacks from Arael. The call is made to have Rei in Unit 09 retrieve the Spear of Cassius from Zeruel's corpse and uses it like a javelin to kill the angel in orbit.
  • Armisael - 18th Angel/16th Splinter of Adam. Also appears in orbit but in an inactive state. Units 02r, 08 and 13 are launched into orbit to intercept and capture the angel but it awakens once Unit 02r makes contact with its core block. It attacks in a manner similar to Nemesis Series Mark.04B, using rings of light to surround Unit 02r and bombarding it with a light-based combo physical/psychic attack. Mari/Unit 08 attempts to snipe the core but is unsuccessful and it falls to Shinji/Unit 13 to rescue Asuka/Unit 02r and kill the angel.
  • Sandalophon - 2nd Appearance - Approaches the Geofront from underground where it can't be intercepted. Bursts into the Geofront under Tokyo-3 and is engaged by Unit 08 with minimal effect due to an extremely strong AT Field. Is engaged at close range by Units 02r, 09 and 13. Unit 09 is impaled against the side of the Geofront by one of the angel's launchable back spines and Unit 02r is damaged as well. Unit 13 manages to keep it occupied long enough for Unit 08 to snipe its core from across the Geofront.

The Evas
Some of these are combos or re-designs. Descriptions are designed to convey what they should look like (in my head).

• Unit 00 - Pilot: Rei Ayanami - ver. Rebuild. After a synchronization test that results in a berzerker state it is repaired then upgraded to "production type" standards. Received heavy surface damage from Ramiel and is irreparably damaged by Zeruel, resulting in the destruction of its head and both arms. Rebuilt into Unit 09.
  • Unit 01 - Pilot: Shinji Ikari - ver. Rebuild. Is responsible for the largest number of kills against the Angels. Is irreparably damaged by Zeruel and its core is used as the basis for Unit 13.
  • Unit 02 - Pilot: Asuka Langley Shikinami - ver. Rebuild. First production model Eva built to be compatible with all equipment types. Has its left arm destroyed by Zeruel along with the right side of its head being smashed in. Eventually repaired and relabeled Unit 02r (repair).
  • Unit 03 - Test Pilot: Asuka Langley Shikinami - ver. Rebuild. Shipped from the US to Japan for testing and is invaded by Bardiel enroute. Is destroyed by a Dummy Plug-equipped Unit 01.
  • Unit 04 - Pilot: Toji Suzahara - ver. Rebuild. Second American unit constructed, is kept in the US after the incident with Unit 03. Shows up as part of the attacking UN force in the final battle but eventually switches sides to defend NERV. Is irreparably damaged in said battle.
  • Unit 05 - Pilot: Mari Makinami-Illustrious - is a normal Eva unit that keeps Provisional Unit 05's unique head and shoulders but otherwise looks like all the other Evas; painted silver, green and yellow. Built in NERV UK but transfered to Japan after its completion. Is heavily damaged by Matariel and its core is used to create Unit 08.
  • Unit 06 - Pilot: Kaworu Nagisa - ver. Rebuild. The final production model Eva, built in an undisclosed location before being deployed to Japan during Zeruel's attack. Is involved in the final battle against SEELE/UN forces.
  • Unit 08 - Pilot: Mari Makinami-Illustrious - ver. Rebuild (08a). Customized Eva built specifically for Mari and specialized as a sniper. Is involved in the final battle.
  • Unit 02r - Pilot: Asuka Langley Shikinami - ver. Rebuild (02B). Has a gray left arm and repaired head armor but otherwise matches the original Unit 02. Is heavily involved in the final battle.
  • Unit 09 - Pilot: Rei Ayanami - looks the same as Unit 00 but with the head of the Mark 09. Repaired version of Unit 00 after being nearly destroyed by Zeruel.
  • Unit 13 - Pilot: Shinji Ikari - basically looks like a customized and upgraded Unit 01 in dark blue and yellow. Considered the "Final Evangelion" under SEELE's plan to initiate 3rd Impact, but that doesn't go as intended by any means.
  • Mass Production Series - Pilot: Dummy Plug - ver. EoE. Nine of these units are deployed by SEELE to eliminate NERV and take possesion of Unit 13. They carry massive double-bladed weapons capable of changing form into false replicas of the Lance of Longinus.

The Mechanics
How the Universe Works...

• The Lances - The Lances of Longinus and Cassius are twin lances capable of penetrating any AT Field. Direct core penetration results in the destruction of the core and the reduction of the target to its constituent elements (blood/LCL). A non-core penetration can still kill the target but will result in a slow dissolving of the body after it calcifies, becoming like brittle bone if the lance is left in the body. If the lance is removed immediately then the target will likely live, though in an inactive or coma-like state. Lilith is the only known angel to be pierced by a lance that is left in and not outright killed.
  • False Lances - Still capable of penetrating any AT Field but do not possess any of the metaphysical properties of the true lances. They are simply a specialized physical weapon that is difficult to defend against unless using another bladed weapon.
  • Impact-Level Events - Impacts are a manifestation of raw power plus the will of the weilder. That being said, they can accomplish nearly anything the weilder wishes, if they choose to do so. An Impact Event that proceeds without a guiding will results in the eventually neutralization of any AT Fields within range, essentially killing anyone in its radius from its sheer power output. The only Angel capable of independently causing an Impact is Adam and the only Evangelion able to independently create one is the "Final Evangelion", Unit 13.
  • SEELE - basically an Illuminati. They seek to free humanity of all its burdens by initiating their own 3rd Impact and merging all human souls into one giant omnipotent being that will probably look like a giant version of a young girl with boobs and wings because they're creepy old geezers like that. The identities of their members are kept a secret but are eventually found out by the main players in the story (namely Gendo and Kozou).
  • HEA - stands for Happily Ever After. Because the "everyone dies except three people" ending has already been done so why rehash that nonsense?
    Everything else pretty much abides by the established rules/lore of Evangelion.

So yeah that's been in my head for a few days. I don't expect anyone to do anything with this at all, I just wanted to write it down so I'd stop thinking about it. LOL :w00t:
Last edited by ArvisTaljik on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm... not sure where I stand on this, honestly. It's adhering too close to canon for my liking, but that's just me (and I have received negative reactions for what I did to SCE). So then:
  • How about varying the early Angel battles to throw off reader expectations? Like, Rei gets the killshot on Ramiel and Shinji is torn between feeling happy for her and feeling jealous because Gendo compliments her for it but never complimented HIM for his kills (so far).
  • Have you considered some of the Angels slipping away and later coming back for round two instead of adding more? Sandalphon, for example, could work as a sandworm-type Angel who manages to escape the volcano and tunnel towards the Geofront, NERV force it out of the ground somehow and the Evas have a limited timeframe to kill it before it burrows again?
  • Are you sure you want to keep everyone in the class the same as in canon? There's plenty of potential for "normal life" subplots.
How about varying the Angel battles a bit more? You did say in another thread that you watch Eva for the fights and the mechas.

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Postby ArvisTaljik » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:44 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:I'm... not sure where I stand on this, honestly. It's adhering too close to canon for my liking, but that's just me (and I have received negative reactions for what I did to SCE). So then:
  • How about varying the early Angel battles to throw off reader expectations? Like, Rei gets the killshot on Ramiel and Shinji is torn between feeling happy for her and feeling jealous because Gendo compliments her for it but never complimented HIM for his kills (so far).
  • Have you considered some of the Angels slipping away and later coming back for round two instead of adding more? Sandalphon, for example, could work as a sandworm-type Angel who manages to escape the volcano and tunnel towards the Geofront, NERV force it out of the ground somehow and the Evas have a limited timeframe to kill it before it burrows again?
  • Are you sure you want to keep everyone in the class the same as in canon? There's plenty of potential for "normal life" subplots.
How about varying the Angel battles a bit more? You did say in another thread that you watch Eva for the fights and the mechas.

I've moved some things around and have incorporated several of your suggestions. ^_^
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:05 pm

Better.

Not sure what you mean by Shinji not taking Asuka's shit lying down, as well as him being ripped. I'm not saying you must keep him wimpy, I'm just concerned of you going overboard with the upgrades and turning him into someone he isn't.

Also, I have some stuff involving Evas that you might or might not get ideas from to spice up yours. PM?

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Postby ArvisTaljik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:06 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Better.

Not sure what you mean by Shinji not taking Asuka's shit lying down, as well as him being ripped. I'm not saying you must keep him wimpy, I'm just concerned of you going overboard with the upgrades and turning him into someone he isn't.

Also, I have some stuff involving Evas that you might or might not get ideas from to spice up yours. PM?

I've read some fanfics where Shinji is practically the polar opposite of what he is in the series... with some very mixed results.

What I'm actually doing here is projecting a bit of myself onto the main character. I do that specifically to make the main character and their POV easier to write while still keeping them realistic and not going so far into left field as to be unbelievable. Suspension of disbelief is key otherwise I may as well just write a crack fic (though some of those are hilarious!). :P

My previous forays into fic writing were all Stucky (if you don't know what that is just Google it; it is literally the most popular fan pairing on the internet) AU's which are MUCH easier for me since I'm writing about another white dude closer to my age with a military background (I'm active duty military). So like I said, I may or may not develop this idea depending on how much time I have and if I can get into enough of a groove to write Shinji decently. ^_^

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

Question. Considering that Kyoko managed to crawl out of the entry plug alive after that contact experiment, would it be much of a stretch to have her spend a bit more time refining the process before undergoing it, with the net result that she gets away with no insanity either, merely a severely effed up brain chemistry incurable by current medical technology?

I'm thinking that from that point on, she's forced to get high on anti-epilepsy medication 24/7 in order to not have literally constant seizures that spike her blood pressure so high that she pops a vein in her brain and drops dead. Even so, she still frequently has seizures anyway and semi-frequently ends up in hospital because of them, with Asuka's entire childhood being defined by mommy being very sick all the time. Oh, and naturally there would be much angst when Asuka, who has been piloting so that Kyoko will be proud of her, finds out that Kyoko ended up in this state so that Asuka can pilot.

And as an extra, SEELE can tempt Asuka with the idea of Kyoko no longer suffering if Instrumentality succeeds... :devil:

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Question. Considering that Kyoko managed to crawl out of the entry plug alive after that contact experiment, would it be much of a stretch to have her spend a bit more time refining the process before undergoing it, with the net result that she gets away with no insanity either, merely a severely effed up brain chemistry incurable by current medical technology?

I'm thinking that from that point on, she's forced to get high on anti-epilepsy medication 24/7 in order to not have literally constant seizures that spike her blood pressure so high that she pops a vein in her brain and drops dead. Even so, she still frequently has seizures anyway and semi-frequently ends up in hospital because of them, with Asuka's entire childhood being defined by mommy being very sick all the time. Oh, and naturally there would be much angst when Asuka, who has been piloting so that Kyoko will be proud of her, finds out that Kyoko ended up in this state so that Asuka can pilot.

And as an extra, SEELE can tempt Asuka with the idea of Kyoko no longer suffering if Instrumentality succeeds... :devil:

Why not just have it that the effects damage her frontal lobe but don't make her violent but more disconnected like with out a sense of empathy or compassion for anyone and that she reverts to a loner and she can not connect with her daughter any more on any level so she like the walking dead. Also Nerv could have been trying to heal her for years but have had no real luck and her brain having this damage means that 02 will not connect with her anyway hence it falls to Asuka to take the wheel once she's old enough.

Plus you could still have the pay off that they do find a way to cure Kyoko near the end of the story but it needs an operation and its implied that it will take her over a year to heal while the brain reforms connections but after six months she shows Asuka compassion for the first time in years. I really like the Seele idea though as thats something I could see them doing.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:07 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Why not just have it that the effects damage her frontal lobe but don't make her violent but more disconnected like with out a sense of empathy or compassion for anyone and that she reverts to a loner and she can not connect with her daughter any more on any level so she like the walking dead.

Because I'd like to see Asuka raised properly for once, so mental effects are right out. Physical effects, on the other hand...

That said, I can't really let Kyoko off with absolutely no negative effects from the contact experiment or the purists will growl that I'm missing the whole point of the series. Hence the debilitating seizures. Also, I read that anti-seizure medication does tend to make the subject calm the eff down and apparently decreases IQ in children who take it, so it should negatively affect Kyoko's career as well in ways other than her always being on sick leave. Like, having the scientist equivalent of a writer's block and being more than a little frustrated about it.

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Postby ArvisTaljik » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Here's a bit of a simple one that I have yet to read here (mind you I may have missed something)...

Replace all the characters in NGE (TV or Rebuild, either/or) with the characters from Martian Successor Nadesico.

Shinji Ikari -> Akito "I'm just a cook!" Tenkawa (I mean they even have the same voice actor... c'mon!)
Rei Ayanami -> Ruri "they're all idiots" Hoshino (her Wikipedia entry even compares her to Rei)
Misato Katsuragi -> Yurika "where are you Akito?" Misumaru (brilliant AND and idiot on crack...)
Gendo Ikari -> Kouichiro "my daughter is so well endowed!" Misumaru (would stay mostly quiet until he needs to make an innappropriate comment about his daughter's boobs)
Asuka Langley Shikinami -> Ryoko Subaru (and we have the same voice actress for these two as well!)
Ritsuko Akagi -> Inez "I detected the need for an explanation" Fressange (Because Inez would actually tell us USEFUL information about the Evas...)

And someone else can fill in the rest. ^_^

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Because I'd like to see Asuka raised properly for once, so mental effects are right out. Physical effects, on the other hand...

That said, I can't really let Kyoko off with absolutely no negative effects from the contact experiment or the purists will growl that I'm missing the whole point of the series. Hence the debilitating seizures. Also, I read that anti-seizure medication does tend to make the subject calm the eff down and apparently decreases IQ in children who take it, so it should negatively affect Kyoko's career as well in ways other than her always being on sick leave. Like, having the scientist equivalent of a writer's block and being more than a little frustrated about it.

This is really interesting idea I recall reading nobody dies by Gregg Landsman and he had Kyoko still around and kicking though she was a huge bitch to Asuka who in that AU version was really subdued much like Rei where as Rei was a chaotic hot head. The point though was that Kyoko was in fact nasty and abusive as hell to towards Asuka in Greggs story because she was jealous that Asuka was everything she wasn't and in fact much brighter than she ever wanted to give her credit for and didn't see that she could piolt 02.

Maybe you can play around with a similar concept in that Kyoko's drugs make her really edgy and she's frustrated because of the lessened IQ and sometimes takes it out on Asuka hence they could have really strained relationship at times even though it is more normal than in the series and there are brighter moments but its more that they get over shadowed like there's always a dark cloud over Asuka's head because she never knows when her mothers going to hit off.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:28 pm

I was considering the possibility of Yui and Kyoko having been BFFs to the point where, when Gendo decides to get rid of Shinji, Fuyutsuki volunteers to get it done and calls Kyoko to ask her to take Shinji in.

Looking after two kids, one of whom is her deceased BFF's orphan, is what would be the reason why Kyoko goes an extra mile in making sure the contact experiment doesn't kill her. That said, neither Shinji nor Asuka is ever told how Yui died, nor that Shinji has the potential to be an Eva pilot himself. So Shinji grew up always thinking of himself as the "robot pilot hero's best friend who's not a pilot himself" character.

Thus when he suddenly gets chucked into Unit 01, Asuka is torn for a long time between feeling betrayed due to him muscling in on her domain in the world and feeling worried that he's not going to make it due to never having trained for this.

Return to “Fanfiction”