From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

imprimatur13
Sachiel

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:27 am

Wow. I really feel like I need to see NTE now... I didn't realize that 3.0 had that much potential.

@Phwodges
With Kaworu, huh? Much as the idea of Shinji/Kaworu intercourse intrigues me (I cannot deny it), I still feel that I'd rather stick him with one of the female pilots. (For one thing, at least in my version, I would want it to be completely accidental. I have doubts that anything Kaworu would do could be considered accidental; he always seems to have a pretty good idea of what's going on (well, 'cept the whole "Adam/Lilith" thing).)

@Reichu
Don't worry, I don't plan to watch it :). But, for benefit of others:
SPOILER: Show
Giant versions of the pilots? Really? Well, then I understand why they couldn't do the deed in that form.

But then, on the other hand, the Evas are kinda female (Anno's whole "uterus" thing)... But maybe they can be re-interpreted as hermaphrodites? Hmm... Yeah, I'm not really sure how it'd actually be justified in-story... But no reason I can't contradict established canon! And yes, you're right; the female one would have to take a dominant role... (By the way: that might make it seem like Rei'd have to be the one to do it. Because (at least in my head-canon) Rei's true self is Rei I, and aggressive, while Asuka's is "the doll", and passive... And I was going to say "No, 'cause the Eva's are doing it on their own"... but if it's brought about by the high sync rate, then the pilots' souls would have to be involved in some way. So, yeah. Rei it is.)
Kimochi warui  SPOILER: Show
Also, considering what we know about what happens when sync rate gets really high, how injuries to the Eva are sustained by the pilot... You do realize that this means that the pilots would go through all the ordinary physiological trappings of sex. Complete with yogurt all over Shinji's plugsuit. How's that for an image?

P.S. Wow, that's a lot of ellipses.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Chapter 1

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:00 pm

After rereading "creative principle " I wondered, how Aki (Shinji and Asukas Daughter) from 2nd Try would be different growing up raised by this version of post Impact Shinji and Asuka .
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

xanderkh
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby xanderkh » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:52 pm

^

Considering the state of the world that it's in, I think it's safe to say that I don't think that Aki would even exist, since Shinji and Asuka haven't really reached that point that they were comfortable with each other, even with intimacy.

In the 2nd Try, while Aki's birth was originally an accident, Asuka and Shinji were at least comfortable with each other enough to be pillars of support in their times of need, which helped greatly in Aki's development.

In the Creative Principle though, they are unfortunately in an unhealthy state of dependency, where they hurt each other still, but still need each other. That, and communication between them is still pretty visceral and difficult. In this state, especially with Shinji's guilt, he probably would be against having a child and fear of being a bad father like his own.

Plus, while it is a post-3I world, they probably have better birth control than the 2nd Try, if the world is stable enough to have a trial.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Glor
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:13 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:After rereading "creative principle " I wondered, how Aki (Shinji and Asukas Daughter) from 2nd Try would be different growing up raised by this version of post Impact Shinji and Asuka .

Probably a lot like her parents. Withdrawn and emotionally stunted.

EDIT: Now I want to read about Asuka and Shinji as dysfunctional, world-weary parents - and not because of PTSD.
Rite of Reclamation - an Evangelion/Halo fusion, check it out, is pretty neat.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:10 pm

I wish I still had time to write fan fiction. I have an idear.

[spoiler]Rei: That gum you like is coming back in style.{/spoiler]

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:There's the hint of some bad blood between them -- look at the way Asuka squints at Misato when she says, "Isn't that right, Captain Katsuragi?" Not enough to get in the way of what needs to be done in the present, but something emotionally unresolved regardless.

This might be subjective/ a case of insufficient data, but I read that very differently.
Misato's holding back & being all quiet & terse because she's inwardly wresting with all the feelings Shinji's presence is stirring up and Asuka was telling her to get her head in the game.

It struck me as being a lot like how Misato and Ritsuko used to interact, when they would give each other the rank-&-last-name when they wanted to remind the other of the stakes. Asuka gets to do that now; She's a co-worker more than a charge/ward now.

Otherwise they seem to be working nicely together, with Misato praising Asuka's performance at some point (I think?) and Asuka rather cheerfully going on about how "the mission first" is Misato's motto in a manner that implies approval - if anything Asuka's more cynical than Misato.
Make Clone Love Not Clone War

Return to “Fanfiction”