[Merch] Help needed (Eva 01 figure differences)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheNewOne
Embryo

[Merch] Help needed (Eva 01 figure differences)

•      
  •      

Postby TheNewOne » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 am

Hello guys!

I'm pretty new to this forum and even to the Evangelion franchise but I gotta say I felt in love with everything Eva related ( manga, figures, even the movies *cough cough still liked the show better* ) :wink:

I have a question for you and I didn't find any answer yet... I want to buy myself a model kit for Eva 01 that is not too pricey, and I've come to choose between the Bandai 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone (http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Evangelion-Evangelion-01-Action/dp/B000RHKZL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502440760&sr=8-1&keywords=unit+01+bandai) and the Bandai 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FG64SS/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2972357942&pd_rd_wg=LG4R7&pf_rd_r=5WTMKRPTBMFTEVHMA9F5&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B003FG64SS&pd_rd_w=yDFBW&pf_rd_i=eva+unit+01+hg&pd_rd_r=CJCXJJHNFMXQ0ZKT5G01&ie=UTF8&qid=1502441189&sr=3) version.

Both the figures are in the same price range of 40-50 $. The differences that I'm able to see is that the 1.0 version seems to have more accesories and a yellow-ish AT field like in the show and 2.0 one seems somehow more detailed and with a holographic AT field (is there any difference in height? I don't know...). I don't really care to much of other accesories if the figure has the AT field and at least 1 gun + progressive knife... I'm interested in which looks the best on display and which is better at posability * yes yes, I've looked for YT reviews but there are no comparisons...and to be frank, there are almost none 2.0 review videos*
Also...I've heard the 2.0 version has green paint that glows when exposed to UV...is that true?

So...which one should I get?

Thx for your help and sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker. ^_^

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: [Merch] Help needed (Eva 01 figure differences)

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:40 pm

There is a slight difference in torso armor sculpt between the two but as far as posing goes they are identical.
The 1.0 has the Gatling gun, the 2.0 takes it out and gives you AT field effect part. That's about the difference.

Personally I am biased against the Bandai kit because they are nowhere looking like the actual movie design. Bandai just did their own thing.

If you want a model kit that is accurate to the movie design then your only choice is Kotobukiya. It's more expensive, but it's worth it IMO. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10233439
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

TheNewOne
Embryo

Re: [Merch] Help needed (Eva 01 figure differences)

•      
  •      

Postby TheNewOne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:06 am

That's actually a very decent price for such an accurate figure, thx for showing it to me ^_^
Too bad it doesn't come with an AT field... but how hard would it be to manually make one out of clear plastic?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”