Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Sachi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:55 pm

One of the more powerful aspects of the franchise is in the way it which it offers hope in the wake of destruction. Even after the apocalypse of EoE, there's still hope. Even when everything seems FUBAR, the franchise encourages you to endure and pick up the pieces, offering the possibility of a brighter future if you try.

Would be a shame, IMO, if we skipped Shinji at his lowest point and we miss what turns him around toward the proper direction again. If you skip to the final steps of his closure, then you rob his recovery of its weight, cheapening it and making it less relatable to the audience.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:02 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:One of the more powerful aspects of the franchise is in the way it which it offers hope in the wake of destruction. Even after the apocalypse of EoE, there's still hope.

Can't say I agree. But hey, too each their own. That's what I was hoping for, for some time to pass to give Shinji time to get the help he needs, as opposed to having his psychosis, despair, and the raging emotions from Misato, Asuka, and the entire Crew Of The Wunder piled on top of ANOTHER Eva attack. Some time to recover, to give him SOME hope. If he's shoved right back into the Eva again after Kaworu died and Gendo got his awakened Eva . . . well it's gonna be a mess all over again.

Would be a shame, IMO, if we skipped Shinji at his lowest point and we miss what turns him around toward the proper direction again.

Seeing a therapist, and spending a few weeks, months or years away to process his situation and get out of his catatonia wouldn't put him in the 'proper direction'. All I'm saying is that it would put him in a position where he has a little more autonomy and control in a situation, or at least give him some time to live a life away from Eva and Wille and Nerv. and give tensions and heated emotions caused by his sudden return and subsequent screw-up some time to cool down.
Then when Misato and Asuka inevitably have to ask him to pilot the Eva again, he wont have to be forced into it at gun/DSS choker point.

I don't see it as the 'final steps' of his closure at all.

The movie should span at least a few days

I hope it's longer, that's all I can say.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:35 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:The movie should span at least a few days, WILLE will be able to repair the self destruct Unit 02, so Shinji should have all the time he needs to recover even if the action starts right after Q.

Then it'll more be a span of weeks at the very least, seeing how little of EVA-02 was left at the end of Q, unless they do some crazy shit like cutting off EVA-08's head to graft 02's on its body or something like that.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:06 pm

WILLE seems to have a lot of man power, facilities and funding, so I can see them repairing Eva 02 in a few days.
They launched two Evas equipped with 2 heatshields and boosters in orbit, considering that to bring 1 kg in orbit costs around $15.000, and that this kind of technology didn't exist in 2.0, they are filthy rich and absurdly advanced.
Humanity progressed a lot in the 14 years between SI and N3I, so it could have progressed a lot in the timeskip too.

Someone on reddit posted a cleaned mobile wallpaper of the Facebook/Twitter cover:

SPOILER: Show

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 pm

^Neat. The red strip at the bottom can conventiently shadow the home/favorited apps. At one point I had it's counterpart from Q as my wallpaper, so I may keep this for future use. Currently still fond of my 2.22 blood streaked moon close up. ^_^
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Settie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Settie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:and that this kind of technology didn't exist in 2.0, they are filthy rich and absurdly advanced.
Humanity progressed a lot in the 14 years between SI and N3I, so it could have progressed a lot in the timeskip too.

While i don't disagree with Willies access to resources. Technology wise, humanity did have a moon base by 2.0, complete with enough manufacturing facilities to build an Eva and enough access to space to have orbiting vehicles.

Zeruss
Adam

Postby Zeruss » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Someone on reddit posted a cleaned mobile wallpaper of the Facebook/Twitter cover:

As a note, that image is a tad smaller and less detailed than it should be (1800x2500 vs 2200x3100) because no site allowed the original version to be uploaded without first converting to jpg and compressing it horrendously; the smaller version was the only one that worked at the time. All the same anyways, gotta repeat the edit due to... some very silly mistakes in the cleaning process.
I'm a lurker at heart.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Official merchandise is poping up on Eva Store, so I guess it means that this is the theatrical poster.

http://www.evastore2.jp/news/2017/08/entry_1309/

Posters will go sale on September 16th, T-shirt on "late September", the bags and phone covers are already on sale.
Last edited by Joseki on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Aw shit son!

First comes merchandise, then comes marketing, then comes a movie, then comes merchandise, then comes merchandise, then comes merchandise, then comes ..... ( Continues Forever).

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:00 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Aw shit son!

First comes merchandise, then comes marketing, then comes a movie, then comes merchandise, then comes merchandise, then comes merchandise, then comes ..... ( Continues Forever).

Please just let them release a trailer. . . please?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Yeah, yeah... - when you've bought the merch to encourage them!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:06 pm

September 1st it's the 10th anniversary of Evangelion 1.0, a teaser on that date would be sweet, I don't believe it would happen, I'm managing my expectations, but at this point I think that we'll have at least a tentative release window before 2018 comes.

By the way they have a super sweet phone cover on sale, too bad they don't ship outside Japan:

Last edited by Joseki on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Shit, if that's the official poster art, I may have to pick up a copy. No contest, the best poster of the Rebuild films.

Are they making them available to buyers outside of Japan?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:13 am

So far Eva Store merchandise isn't available outside of Japan unless it's sold through the Tokyo Otaku Mode store.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:36 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Image

Official merchandise is poping up on Eva Store, so I guess it means that this is the theatrical poster.

http://www.evastore2.jp/news/2017/08/entry_1309/

Posters will go sale on September 16th, T-shirt on "late September", the bags and phone covers are already on sale.

Wow, how much can you milk a single image...?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:43 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Wow, how much can you milk a single image...?

It's Eva. Anno could put anything on a t shirt say " this is a scene from the next movie" and it would sell gangbusters.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:39 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Wow, how much can you milk a single image...?

Anything that helps financing this movie/getting it made I'm happy with.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:02 pm

I like that we're at the point with Final that whenever I see a recent post has been made on the Final boards I can get excited thinking something new has had happened. Even when there is nothing new I like that little rush.

Maybe tomorrow? It is the 10th anniversary of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone being released in theaters.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 am

I feel the same!
I wonder if khara will pay attention to this date.
They have been working on the movie for about a year, so I don't think a teaser would be crazy.
I really don't mind. Every little thing gets me hyped.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:21 am

I hope I'm wrong but I can almost completely promise you that we aren't going to get a teaser today.

Maybe we'll have an entire new wave of merchandise announced. Maybe we'll have another "animator expo" style short. But personally I wouldn't get my hopes up for an actual teaser.

Again I hope I'm wrong in this case.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”