Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:55 pm

One of the more powerful aspects of the franchise is in the way it which it offers hope in the wake of destruction. Even after the apocalypse of EoE, there's still hope. Even when everything seems FUBAR, the franchise encourages you to endure and pick up the pieces, offering the possibility of a brighter future if you try.

Would be a shame, IMO, if we skipped Shinji at his lowest point and we miss what turns him around toward the proper direction again. If you skip to the final steps of his closure, then you rob his recovery of its weight, cheapening it and making it less relatable to the audience.
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:02 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:One of the more powerful aspects of the franchise is in the way it which it offers hope in the wake of destruction. Even after the apocalypse of EoE, there's still hope.

Can't say I agree. But hey, too each their own. That's what I was hoping for, for some time to pass to give Shinji time to get the help he needs, as opposed to having his psychosis, despair, and the raging emotions from Misato, Asuka, and the entire Crew Of The Wunder piled on top of ANOTHER Eva attack. Some time to recover, to give him SOME hope. If he's shoved right back into the Eva again after Kaworu died and Gendo got his awakened Eva . . . well it's gonna be a mess all over again.

Would be a shame, IMO, if we skipped Shinji at his lowest point and we miss what turns him around toward the proper direction again.

Seeing a therapist, and spending a few weeks, months or years away to process his situation and get out of his catatonia wouldn't put him in the 'proper direction'. All I'm saying is that it would put him in a position where he has a little more autonomy and control in a situation, or at least give him some time to live a life away from Eva and Wille and Nerv. and give tensions and heated emotions caused by his sudden return and subsequent screw-up some time to cool down.
Then when Misato and Asuka inevitably have to ask him to pilot the Eva again, he wont have to be forced into it at gun/DSS choker point.

I don't see it as the 'final steps' of his closure at all.

The movie should span at least a few days

I hope it's longer, that's all I can say.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:35 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:The movie should span at least a few days, WILLE will be able to repair the self destruct Unit 02, so Shinji should have all the time he needs to recover even if the action starts right after Q.

Then it'll more be a span of weeks at the very least, seeing how little of EVA-02 was left at the end of Q, unless they do some crazy shit like cutting off EVA-08's head to graft 02's on its body or something like that.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Joseki
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:06 pm

WILLE seems to have a lot of man power, facilities and funding, so I can see them repairing Eva 02 in a few days.
They launched two Evas equipped with 2 heatshields and boosters in orbit, considering that to bring 1 kg in orbit costs around $15.000, and that this kind of technology didn't exist in 2.0, they are filthy rich and absurdly advanced.
Humanity progressed a lot in the 14 years between SI and N3I, so it could have progressed a lot in the timeskip too.

Someone on reddit posted a cleaned mobile wallpaper of the Facebook/Twitter cover:

SPOILER: Show
「希望は残っているよ。どんな時にもね」

29/07/2017

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 pm

^Neat. The red strip at the bottom can conventiently shadow the home/favorited apps. At one point I had it's counterpart from Q as my wallpaper, so I may keep this for future use. Currently still fond of my 2.22 blood streaked moon close up. ^_^
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

Settie
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Settie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:and that this kind of technology didn't exist in 2.0, they are filthy rich and absurdly advanced.
Humanity progressed a lot in the 14 years between SI and N3I, so it could have progressed a lot in the timeskip too.

While i don't disagree with Willies access to resources. Technology wise, humanity did have a moon base by 2.0, complete with enough manufacturing facilities to build an Eva and enough access to space to have orbiting vehicles.

Zeruss
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zeruss » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Someone on reddit posted a cleaned mobile wallpaper of the Facebook/Twitter cover:

SPOILER: Show

As a note, that image is a tad smaller and less detailed than it should be (1800x2500 vs 2200x3100) because no site allowed the original version to be uploaded without first converting to jpg and compressing it horrendously; the smaller version was the only one that worked at the time. All the same anyways, gotta repeat the edit due to... some very silly mistakes in the cleaning process.
I'm a lurker at heart.

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”