First cross-shaped "awakening" of the EVA-02

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

First cross-shaped "awakening" of the EVA-02

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Something that always bugged me in the first part of EoE is the "mechanics" of the awakenings of the EVAS. EVA-02, for example. He activates himself in the lake... or not? Because eventually he enters Berserk mode, which make me guess that the first time he doesn't activate himself, but Asuka does. But, how can Asuka make that cross out of nothing? It's not like the EVA 01, who is a demigod by this point, but they seem to follow the same process, even in two different cases. So, what is the deal with the cross-shaped activations in EoE?
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: First cross-shaped "awakening" of the EVA-02

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:44 pm

We see Asuka use her ATF offensively during her fight with the JSSDF. We also hear Unit-02 growl during the fight as well. Best explanation is extremely high synchronization nearing on a "conscious" berserk mode. The cross-plosion happens the moment Asuka and Kyoko make their connection, and can perhaps be viewed as symbolic of their mutual awakening.

Also, if we're to attach gender pronouns to the Evas, Unit-02 is a girl, specifically Asuka's mama. :tongue:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”