Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Joseki » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:12 am

According to Minna no Eva fan Shiro Sagisu said in an interview about a piece called "Londonderry orchestra+piano", contained in "Outtakes from Evangelion", that UYCTM was supposed to be in Q.

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Lennik » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 pm

Prediction: the movie's about Shinji exasperatedly interrupting and rejecting Gendo's "end of the world" plan. Evangelion 3.0+1.0: Can You (Not)?

Eva-02 | Asuka
Embryo

Postby Eva-02 | Asuka » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Damn this movie is gonna be great.

My prediction for this movie is Shinji is gonna reverse but theres going to be a tragedy caused by one of the 3 main characters.
Pathetic.
I know all about your little jerk-off fantasies about me. Go ahead, and do it like you always do... I'll even stand here and watch you. But... if I can't have you all to myself, then I don't want ANYTHING from you.

Oh and add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/thot_patrol/

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:48 pm

View Original PostEva-02 | Asuka wrote:My prediction for this movie is Shinji is gonna reverse but theres going to be a tragedy caused by one of the 3 main characters.

So, Eva Q all over again?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 am

I just realized that site was updated on July 29th at 12:00 a.m., exactly one year later the release of Shin Gojira, a curious coincidence.

View Original PostSachi wrote:So, Eva Q all over again?

"Repeat the same thing over and over again. Keep going until you're happy with it. It's the only way." :tongue:

(I don't think it's going to happen)

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:38 pm

^ I would be a idiot to expect a better ending in 3.0+1.0, than in NGE and EoE. It should end the way it deserves. I don't care how.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby CommanderFish » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Joseki wrote:"Repeat the same thing over and over again. Keep going until you're happy with it. It's the only way." :tongue:

Hold up, where is this quote from?
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:56 pm

It's what Kaworu said to Shinji during the piano montage.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:22 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:^ I would be a idiot to expect a better ending in 3.0+1.0, than in NGE and EoE. It should end the way it deserves. I don't care how.

I would agree with you on just getting it over with, unless it doesn't end with Shinji's death or the burning bridges of all his relationships. :P Honestly, if that happens, that's a hell of a message to send to an audience.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby CommanderFish » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Joseki wrote:It's what Kaworu said to Shinji during the piano montage.

Well goddamn. That might just be what Shinji is doing, then.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Kaworu isn't always right, though. And as a pianist, I can say that his approach to practice is severely lacking!
Last edited by pwhodges on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Kaworu also says later that changing is essential to live, so if he was trying to give Shinji life advices he was contradicting himself.
I think that the piano dialog says a lot about Kaworu and Shinji's relationship: Shinji asks how to play better, Kaworu tells him to keep playing the same thing. Shinji wants to improve, Kaworu forces him to do only what he wants.

By the way the lantern festival is just 3 days away apparently, if nothing is revealed then I'm confident that something will be released for the 10th anniversary of 1.0 on September 1st.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:47 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:I would agree with you on just getting it over with, unless it doesn't end with Shinji's death or the burning bridges of all his relationships. :P Honestly, if that happens, that's a hell of a message to send to an audience.

Nothing is guaranteed neither the survival of the main characters, nor that they won't finish each other off. What's for sure are consequences after all what happened and lead to them.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:15 am

The official Khara Twitter account made a post about that Paper Lantern Festival & how Moyocco AND Hideaki Anno would have lanterns in it. So there's that to consider. Might mean nothing. Might mean something.

https://twitter.com/khara_inc/status/893436285766967296

As my computer gloriously translated the end of the tweet says: Come and bring your legs please.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:04 am

I can see either a new design for something or the international subtitle in Anno's lantern. Moyoco draw a beautiful woman, I saw it on her Twitter.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:11 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:
As my computer gloriously translated the end of the tweet says: Come and bring your legs please.

As Abenomics slows down, spare legs at public events are simply not in the budget anymore. Therefore you gotta BYOL
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:11 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:The official Khara Twitter account made a post about that Paper Lantern Festival & how Moyocco AND Hideaki Anno would have lanterns in it. So there's that to consider. Might mean nothing. Might mean something.

https://twitter.com/khara_inc/status/893436285766967296

Ah, that wonderful time of the year where something might happen. Except this year something might actually happen! :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Chainer3000
Embryo

Postby Chainer3000 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Y'all falling for Anno's trap. This last movie is going to be 1 hour and 25 minutes of fast cut, ultra dense commentary from Anno, like flashes of aborted scripts, mad scrawling, creepy children drawings, couple comfy cat shots, and then just 20 minutes of the three walking through the desert, and eventually they just end up dying of thirst. Credits roll. Maybe a big fight is built up somewhere that never comes to fruition in favor of the three adult-children speaking existential angst while slugging through the desert and a couple text cards telling us that we don't get what we want

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:23 am

^

And fans will orgasm at how brilliant that was. No less.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Evangelion's site updated with new image - First tease of Shin Eva?

Postby Ray » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:30 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:New image on the Twitter/Facebook cover, this is the highest resolution and wider option, it's from the Twitter cover:

Notice how the top part of the telephone pole isn't covered in/turned into core material. . . . :bigeyes:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”