Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
RadicalRandy
Adam

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:49 pm

My body is ready <3
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:19 pm

If I want to be honest with myself, I'm actually kind of hesitant of Final, considering the emotional turmoil we've experienced both from 3.0, and the turmoil outside the movies, especially here on Evageeks.

I kind was slightly happy that we didn't receive any news about Final, to avoid said turmoil. But, that in of itself is akin to staying stagnant and not really moving forward, like Shinji's plight. So, I'll take what I can get from Final. :)

And hey, if it doesn't turn out as I expect, I still have the original to look upon. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby CommanderFish » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Joseki wrote:
High res close up  SPOILER: Show

So, uh, about that repeat sign...
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:35 pm

But note also the use of the colon underneath this image:

SPOILER: Show

I'm going for the double bar simply meaning "the end".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:52 pm

xanderkh wrote:If I want to be honest with myself, I'm actually kind of hesitant of Final, considering the emotional turmoil we've experienced both from 3.0, and the turmoil outside the movies, especially here on Evageeks.

I kind was slightly happy that we didn't receive any news about Final, to avoid said turmoil. But, that in of itself is akin to staying stagnant and not really moving forward, like Shinji's plight. So, I'll take what I can get from Final. :)

And hey, if it doesn't turn out as I expect, I still have the original to look upon. :)

The only way out is through, and don't you dare to expect anything from 3.0+1.0, because expectations are the very mistake people make on Eva and the damage Eva does with its ending is harder to endure, if you get the opposite of what you expect and that's what defines Eva, for punishing you for your expectations and asking too much. No wonder why NGE ended the way it did with EoE and because of 3.0, 3.0+1.0 can be the same, even if for a reboot tells and shows it differently. Just hope that it ends. 3.0 raped my mind severely and wating for 3.0+1.0 makes it only more unbearable. Eva must end and no more!!!
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

GoatJesus
Adam

Postby GoatJesus » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:16 pm

I spoke to my Japanese friend about the translation of the post Khara gave for its poster and "anti" and she said it was very bizarre and deliberately badly translated. She thinks that Anti is actually standing in for a kind of opposition. "You can (Not) Oppose" or "You can (Not) Resist." Which I think is interesting. Quite meta in that case.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 pm

I just love the thoughts of the "non", "anti", etc being the equivalent of (not) for FINAL :3
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:29 pm

EVANGELION: 3.0+1.0 You Can (Not)

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:06 am

Does anyone gives a damn about what I say here, or am I just a attention starving fool that deserves to be Ignored???!!! Like I´m not here. :angry!!:

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“

Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:08 am

If you want a discussion of your reactions to Eva, there are more relevant threads elsewhere. As for wanting it to reach its end - well, we've all been waiting for that for nearly ten years!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:If you want a discussion of your reactions to Eva, there are more relevant threads elsewhere. As for wanting it to reach its end - well, we've all been waiting for that for nearly ten years!

And for that I drown under, jeah very nice. :angry:

You can (not) hope

Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby CommanderFish » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 am

pwhodges wrote:I'm going for the double bar simply meaning "the end".

I'm going for it meaning "After that, and THE END".
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:22 am

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:Eva must end and no more!!!

No. Let's do six seasons and a movie.

Electreel
Embryo

Postby Electreel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:

High res close up  SPOILER: Show

:nyao:

Did anyone else notice how Rei's body seems to vanish below the waistline? Maybe it's just hidden behind the hill (which would be weird, since she doesn't appear to be ahead of Asuka and Shinji), but it reminds me of the Adams' ghostly figures.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:56 am

It's probably just the art style that makes her ghostly.

Electreel
Embryo

Postby Electreel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:04 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:It's probably just the art style that makes her ghostly.

Yeah, makes sense.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 am

View Original PostElectreel wrote:Did anyone else notice how Rei's body seems to vanish below the waistline? Maybe it's just hidden behind the hill (which would be weird, since she doesn't appear to be ahead of Asuka and Shinji), but it reminds me of the Adams' ghostly figures.

It's a reversal of the 3.0 ending. Asuka was on the left, Shinji in the middle and Rei on the right and they were walking away from the camera. In the new poster, Asuka is on the right and Rei on the left and they seem to be coming toward the camera. Rei is probably behind the horizon line.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Electreel
Embryo

Postby Electreel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:19 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:It's a reversal of the 3.0 ending. Asuka was on the left, Shinji in the middle and Rei on the right and they were walking away from the camera. In the new poster, Asuka is on the right and Rei on the left and they seem to be coming toward the camera. Rei is probably behind the horizon line.

Oh, I see it now! I thought they were facing the other way. Nevermind... :facepalm:

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:31 am

View Original PostElectreel wrote:Oh, I see it now! I thought they were facing the other way. Nevermind... :facepalm:

No worries! I couldn't tell until we got the high-res version. ^_^ The silhouettes do have that weird ghostly quality the Adam silhouettes did. I've always liked the theory that the Children are the Adams so I'd be down for that.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:06 pm

View Original Postrobersora wrote:The marketing scheme for Q was pretty rad, so the journey till release will be fun. Next up, lantern festival in August :)

Moyoco is already drawing her lantern, I guess that Anno will draw something too.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”