Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Cat
Embryo

Re: Girls und Panzer

•      
  •      

Postby Cat » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Hiya!

I had been pointed over here awhile ago from discussions on the GuP wikia, and just registered here to join this discussion. This summer I began working on a big modelling project to run tabletop games with 1/100 scale tanks — planning on running games at Anime Boston, Arisia, and various miniatures gaming conventions around New England next year.

As part of the research for this project, I'm finally breaking down and teaching myself to read Japanese so I can glean more info from the Gekkan Senshado articles, the Encyclopedia, etc., and to enjoy the Ribbon no Musha series. ^,^

My big question that I hope somebody here can help with: is there a particularly good dictionary for helping with all the tank specific jargon in the kana and kanji used? Or do I just have to plow through and build my own vocab list the hard way as I go?

Meanwhile, the modelling is moving along nicely. Tanks for quite a few teams are in various stages of progress. Saunders is the first one done with all detailing. Pravda is all painted and just waiting for decals to arrive. Still waiting for a special order of 1/120 scale figures that should convert nicely to 1/100 anime schoolgirls.

—Cat

Goblinhall, tabletop gaming blog.

norival1992
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby norival1992 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Mika beat Miho in a friendly match after the national championship some time later, and when they faced off against Black Forest Peak in the preliminaries when Oorai was still fighting Anzio, they gave BFP such a hard fight despite being at a terrain disadvantage.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:02 am

View Original PostCat wrote:Hiya!

I had been pointed over here awhile ago from discussions on the GuP wikia, and just registered here to join this discussion. This summer I began working on a big modelling project to run tabletop games with 1/100 scale tanks — planning on running games at Anime Boston, Arisia, and various miniatures gaming conventions around New England next year.

As part of the research for this project, I'm finally breaking down and teaching myself to read Japanese so I can glean more info from the Gekkan Senshado articles, the Encyclopedia, etc., and to enjoy the Ribbon no Musha series. ^,^

My big question that I hope somebody here can help with: is there a particularly good dictionary for helping with all the tank specific jargon in the kana and kanji used? Or do I just have to plow through and build my own vocab list the hard way as I go?

Meanwhile, the modelling is moving along nicely. Tanks for quite a few teams are in various stages of progress. Saunders is the first one done with all detailing. Pravda is all painted and just waiting for decals to arrive. Still waiting for a special order of 1/120 scale figures that should convert nicely to 1/100 anime schoolgirls.

—Cat

That's an awesome idea. And those are some neat looking tanks!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

IronEvangelion
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:35 am

Bandai-Namco just made my day: a new Girls und Panzer game has just been announced, and for PS4 this time!

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/girls-und-pa ... ounced-ps4

It has content from the recent film as well. Can't wait!
Final Fantasy VII is being remade, all's right with the world.
BASCH LIVES 2017
#1 Duck Team/Akebi Sasaki (Girls und Panzer) fan.
"There are two things I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." -Nigel Powers (Austin Powers: Goldmember)
"Oh no, Haruka! My butt's already split! I think my whole team's butts are split!" -Minori (Senran Kagura: Estival Versus)

Cybermat47
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:32 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Bandai-Namco just made my day: a new Girls und Panzer game has just been announced, and for PS4 this time!

No PC release?

Also, I really hope that we see a Sturmpanzer IV in Girls und Panzer das Finale. It's one of my favourite AFVs, and it's always been tantalisingly close - Yukari has a model of one, and the Karl Gerät was initially misidentified as one in the film.
"I have to count my blessings, I have to learn my lessons, my fate is in the balance, I must go on believing!"
- Fate by Shirō Sagisu

::KL7::
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:44 pm

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Bandai-Namco just made my day: a new Girls und Panzer game has just been announced, and for PS4 this time!

Sweet! I hadn't heard about this...looking forward to trying it.
ORA ORA ORA!!!!

Return to “Anime and Manga”