Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: Digimon: Digital Monsters

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Shit it is three... my bad. I know why I forgot, it's been so long, and I want to say it's been 6 or 7 years, but I'm not even sure... now I'm just waiting for Tri to be finished so I can binge watch it all at once.

Anyway, the US version wasn't bad, I still think it's pretty great, and Kick It Up is still a great song (and that entire scene was greatly improved with that song included), but I was just using the mashed togetherness of the movie as an example of how Digimon was treated by its US distributor.

Although, Digimon had it better than Sailor Moon did in terms of fucky edits. Lesbians turned into cousins because lesbians were offensive to western culture while incest... wasn't... and season 5 never aired here because of the whole "boys turn into girls" thing. So it could have been worse. I mean how many people remember Monster Rancher?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Gus Hanson
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Digimon: Digital Monsters

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:I mean how many people remember Monster Rancher?

I do. Still got the ADV Films tapes from back in the day. I also remember watching most of the first season on Fox Family as a weekend long marathon. The big plot twist being that Moo, the big bad, turned out to be Holly's father *Hello Empire Strikes Back ripoff :tongue: *.
Gundam Wing is the N-Sync of mecha anime. - NemZ

Return to “Anime and Manga”