Shin Gojira (a.k.a. Godzilla Resurgence)

A forum for discussion of other Gainax works, people belonging or related to Gainax and the non-Eva projects they've worked on, media that reference or have distinct parallels to Eva, etc.

Moderator: Board Staff

Bagheera
Banned

Re: Shin Gojira (a.k.a. Godzilla Resurgence)

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 16, 2017 7:56 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I'm expecting a 10-minute interview with Funimation Staff wearing Godzilla t-shirts, and a handful of trailers for Shin Godzilla and other Funimation titles.

Ouch. That's so accurate it's painful!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

big papi classic
Embryo

Re: Shin Gojira (a.k.a. Godzilla Resurgence)

•      
  •      

Postby big papi classic » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:58 pm

This is easily the best work Anno and Higuchi have done since the 90's. Out of all of the giant monster films that have come out of Japan, this is easily in the top 5. It's a great tribute to the Golden Age films of the 50's-60's, yet it's far more relevant and refreshing that any of the other films that released in Japan's Heisei era.

Return to “Related Works & People”