Gainax announces new Leijiverse trilogy

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Gainax announces new Leijiverse trilogy

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:46 pm

It appears Gainax has announced a new trilogy of films titled Zero Century, with the first being focused on Emeraldas, set for a 2020 release. While as a Leiji fan i should be excited, i feel a little on the fence about this due to some recent events
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Gainax announces new Leijiverse trilogy

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:57 am

I call bullshit.

How in the fuck are they going to afford to produce this and Blue Uru? Wasn't that film alone going to cost $40 million?

How much liquidity does Gainax even have at this point?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:27 am

Sounds like they're peacocking.

They're hoping some investors will be allured by their beautiful decorative project announcements & will come to them with a nice juicy financial contribution.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:16 pm

From what i've been gathering, Production Goodbook will be the one to produce the film while members of Gainax like Yagama and Sadamoto will be put in key positions
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”