Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: What Evangelion characters do you ship?

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:47 am

Well, I'm kinda leaning towards ShinjiXAsuka. Although cannonicaly, these two probably weren't meant to be a couple due to their circumstances, and Asuka seems to hate him entirely. And rebuild seems to make it more apparently so, so I guess that ship was hopeless to begin with, as disappointing as it is.

And also, I could go with ReiXKaworu.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:17 am

In the original I ship AsukaXShinji, pretty much for the same reasons you do. Like the OP I can see the mutual attraction there and I do believe they care deeply for one another but their circumstances and inner demons make it hard/if not impossible over the course of the series to act on that but I do believe that post EoE they can work on that and help one another and develop that romance.

In Rebuild, again I ship AsukaXShinji, 2.0 makes it clear Asuka is interested in Shinji. Her actions after they fight their first Angel together, her trying to do the dinner for them and her all but admitting it to Rei makes that clear. In 3.0 you can see she has some feelings for him, they manifest themselves as anger because she is Asuka but if she didn't have them she wouldn't have called out for him to help her at the start, would have ignored his presence in the cell and wouldn't have saved him at the end.

Basically i'm AsuShin trash as people would say :tongue:

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:59 am

My answer to this might be strange as I'm a muti shipper and I like the idea that all of the pairings could exists between the kids in parallel universes though my favourite pairing is Asuka/Rei. In the Manga/anime/rebuild though I ship Asuka/Shinji while in rebuild I also ship the idea of Rei/Mari.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:32 am

Relevant, and having recent(-ish) activity:

thread/18926/Best-Pair/
thread/16737/Crack-Pairing-Appreciation-Thread/

I feel like I just wrote a post about this the other day, but I guess that was on reddit after all. Well, whatever. My favored ships over my time as a fan:

• Dr. Katsuragi & Kyoko: I developed this as a riff on the Shinji/Asuka dynamic tailored toward my own uniquely demanding sensibilities, and quickly became addicted. THIS IS MY CRACK PAIRING AND NO ONE CAN TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME. Since I know someone will say something -- I was shipping Kyoko and Akira back in 2009 at the latest, before Bagheera even joined the forum, so one guess as to where he got the idea. :p
  • Dr. Katsuragi & Adam: ...Why, yes, that Crying Man thing I've been procrastinating over will eventually cover this. Don't worry about the logistics. Size and species are no barrier to ... whatever exactly is going on here. (I can't say, because spoiler alert and all.)
  • Eva!Yui & Zeruel: Since they're gods, she can eat him again and again and again...
  • Eva!Kyoko & Sachiel: This one is especially context-specific...
  • Eva-00 & Eva-03: This one is even MORE context-specific... (Perhaps you've seen the statue, though.)
The latter three pairings were played with in an ambitious and experimental spin-off fanfic focused entirely on the "gods" of the Evangelion universe -- seriously, not a single Lilin ANYWHERE. As one might expect, this quickly ended up having only superficial resemblances to the source material, and it's currently on the back burner waiting to be developed the rest of the way into an original setting. But naturally, there will be plot points somewhere in there about two of the Eva-equivalents becoming lesbian lovers, and another two of the Eva-equivalents eventually fucking the very entities they're supposed to be destroying (the Angel-equivalents) and ushering in the next generation.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:01 am

Obviously the canon Asuka x Shinji and Kaji x Misato are the ship I'm in, but I'm starting to develop a liking for a possible Mari x Shinji ship. She would be perfect for our sad boy, but Mari is on the Asuka x Shinji ship too so I guess it will never work.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:22 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Obviously the canon Asuka x Shinji and Kaji x Misato are the ship I'm in, but I'm starting to develop a liking for a possible Mari x Shinji ship. She would be perfect for our sad boy, but Mari is on the Asuka x Shinji ship too so I guess it will never work.

There are Mari/Shinji good fan fictions out there that are AU so they can work as a couple ^_^ .

Fate https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11294683/1/Fate and Taming Of The Beast https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8193494/7/Taming-the-Beast
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 am

Oh and I also kinda ship Kaworu X Shinji X Asuka as well. No interaction seen between Kaworu X Asuka in series/canon I know but I kinda feel that he would have a similar effect on her that he would with Shinji and that by his nature he'd want to see her happy as well, so I kinda figure the three of them would be a fun triad.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:03 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Oh and I also kinda ship Kaworu X Shinji X Asuka as well. No interaction seen between Kaworu X Asuka in series/canon I know but I kinda feel that he would have a similar effect on her that he would with Shinji and that by his nature he'd want to see her happy as well, so I kinda figure the three of them would be a fun triad.

I could see that working as well. Of course, the story would have to be called Evangelion 3.0+0.5: You Can (Not) Paint Your Wagon.

It's interesting that Asuka never meets Gendo or Kaworu, despite each of them being vital to the story. I wonder what Asuka would make of Gendo?
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:13 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:I wonder what Asuka would make of Gendo?

I think she would proberbly do what Shinji did to him in the manga and try and punch him in the face if he called her out on any wrong doing and end up being dragged away by Kaji or his body guards.

SPOILER: Show

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:11 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I think she would proberbly do what Shinji did to him in the manga and try and punch him in the face if he called her out on any wrong doing and end up being dragged away by Kaji or his body guards.

Roughly around the Israphael demeanor the Manga has a scene where she tries 'to suck up to the boss' by inviting him to dinner; She then basically calls Shinji emo for being visibly upset when he refused.

As for the canon & Rebuild timelines she seems to think he plays favorites so her opinion of him probably isn't that great, they don't really interact tho.

---

@ topic:

I always was & always will be a total sucker for LRS but I'd enjoy most of his canonial or semicanonical suitors paired with Shin-chan (including Kaworu) tbh I'm not that anal about this.Well, except Asushin but that aversion has more to do with biographical & personal taste reasons on my side & my being overly touchy about the whole "bullying is not funny" thing, than me going "how dare this author write something other than LRS" it's not like I can't stomach it in an otherwise good fanfic.

Grrr. Speaking of quality fanworks, Kaworu/Shinji has all the good fanart and Asuka/Shinji has all the good amvs.
These days I'm glad if I can get an oekaki or a generic fluff fic these days though I'm told there was tons of quality LRS stuff in the fandom's olden days, they tend to be mostly the casual fans. I guess since Rei got such a big hype in the beginning, writing Rei fanfic (shippy or otherwise) was old hat my the time I was old enough to find out about the show.

Otherwise most of the canonical stuff (Misato/Kaji, Touji/Kensuke, Gendo/Yui etc.) not rly much of a crack pairing person if there's not much material to draw from.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

NGE: Shinsuka, Rebuild: Asuka and Mari dom Shinji together. Bend over, puppy boy.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:33 pm

My reputation is as an anti-shipper. But I think that Shinji/Megane-chan is probably the best for something that doesn't end in violence -- unlike my other, more favoured pairing.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:57 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Rebuild: Asuka and Mari dom Shinji together. Bend over, puppy boy.

Please, Shinji would unleash ALL of his frustration and domineering in a sexual situation to compensate for the Lack of control in every other area of his life.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:10 pm

^doubtful. Shinji is a sub if there ever was one. He'd be too awkward to know what to do, and too scared to get rough. Rebuild Asuka and Mari would definitely be the doms, Mari especially.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:39 pm

Can't you people give the kid a little more credit than that?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:54 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Can't you people give the kid a little more credit than that?

I'm sorry best boy isn't a sadist. What you suggest actually sounds very unhealthy, IMO. A healthy BDSM relationship isn't based on insecurities, and it shouldn't be about releasing pent up frustration on your partner.

Besides, what's wrong with him being a sub? I have a feeling he'd enjoy it. I expect him to be a tender, emotional lover, rather than a lustful, aggressive one.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Yeesh, can we get back to shipping instead of discussing this awful stuff.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:52 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Please, Shinji would unleash ALL of his frustration and domineering in a sexual situation to compensate for the Lack of control in every other area of his life.

That's not how BDSM works.

I'm sure he'd enjoy letting someone else take control for a while.

Just had to get a word in, won't post more on this.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:50 am

Shipping is fucking pointless in this godforsaken franchise.

That said, Shinji/PostQSakura or bust.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:34 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:I'm sorry best boy isn't a sadist. What you suggest actually sounds very unhealthy, IMO. A healthy BDSM relationship isn't based on insecurities, and it shouldn't be about releasing pent up frustration on your partner.

Besides, what's wrong with him being a sub? I have a feeling he'd enjoy it. I expect him to be a tender, emotional lover, rather than a lustful, aggressive one.

I agree plus from what I've heard the sub has all of the control they say how much and when to stop and safe words and aftercare are really important.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”