What is your fav EOE track?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

What is your fav EOE track?

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:52 pm

On the End of Evangelion soundtrack what track number is your fav? Mine is number 7. I think that the music and the scene it was played un fit so well. It was dark yet beautiful.
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:27 pm

It's hard to pick, The End of Evangelion had such an amazing sound track. I think I'm going to have to go with track 14, "The crack in the dream". It's just such a nice short little piece. Beautiful and yet sad at the same time.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:30 pm

Sadly, I don't have that CD. But my fav track from EOE is Tamashi No Refrain. Good Song
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:32 pm

ChronoX wrote:Sadly, I don't have that CD. But my fav track from EOE is Tamashi No Refrain. Good Song

If I could nitpick, Refrain of the Soul is from the Death & Rebirth soundtrack. ^^;;

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
ChronoX wrote:Sadly, I don't have that CD. But my fav track from EOE is Tamashi No Refrain. Good Song

If I could nitpick, Refrain of the Soul is from the Death & Rebirth soundtrack. ^^;;

Still an excellent song though! :D

"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:34 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:

See my depravity!!!

Where is a good place to find the soundtrack, or any NGE soundtrack for that matter
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:36 pm

ChronoX wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:

See my depravity!!!

Where is a good place to find the soundtrack, or any NGE soundtrack for that matter

www.discountanimedvd.com

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:

See my depravity!!!

www.discountanimedvd.com

I will look into this, but unfortunately i have to wait for my pops to get me any of those if a credit card is required.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:41 pm

ChronoX wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:

See my depravity!!!

www.discountanimedvd.com

I will look into this, but unfortunately i have to wait for my pops to get me any of those if a credit card is required.

well suncoast caries them

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:42 pm

Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:

See my depravity!!!

www.discountanimedvd.com

well suncoast caries then

My mom doesn't understand my want for anime, so I can't go with her, and I live with her. Again I have to wait.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:44 pm

ChronoX wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:

See my depravity!!!

www.discountanimedvd.com

My mom doesn't understand my want for anime, so I can't go with her, and I live with her. Again I have to wait.

well the only way to buy stuff is on the internet or in a store so im sorry

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:29 am

I'm quite torn between Expansion of the Blockade and Komm, Susser Todd.
New Signature Policy

It all returns to nothing...

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:34 am

Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:
ChronoX wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:

See my depravity!!!

www.discountanimedvd.com

well the only way to buy stuff is on the internet or in a store so im sorry

THis is why Itunes sucks, It doesnt have any anime OSTs

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:25 am

I bought the OST, but haven't really listened through it yet. Remarkably good for a movie soundtrack, though.

One mp3 that I've had for years is called "Heisoku no Kokudai". I think it was called "Expansion of the Blockade" in english. That one is real sweet.
But "Komm Susser Todd" is my favourite, predictable enough. Alond with the classic pieces (much like Kaworu points out) it really gives off a sense of impending doom. At the brink of death, listening to these songs seem like a good way too end what little piece we have left before the painful apocalypse. That's why Kanon makes me so sad.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:55 pm

Evangelionfreak wrote:www.discountanimedvd.com

Something doesn't smell right about this site. Their "import" DVDs appear to be pirated copies, as they're region-free. Very underhanded (and illegal of them) to do. No use paying money for anime if it's not even going to support the creators...

I would recommend [url]http://www.deepdiscountcd.com[/url] in general for new music.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:49 pm

drinian wrote:
Evangelionfreak wrote:www.discountanimedvd.com

Something doesn't smell right about this site. Their "import" DVDs appear to be pirated copies, as they're region-free. Very underhanded (and illegal of them) to do. No use paying money for anime if it's not even going to support the creators...

I would recommend [url]http://www.deepdiscountcd.com[/url] in general for new music.

well i just like the fact that they ar cheap. the subtitles are excellent. Ive never had a problem w/ them for 5 years. And I have lots of region 2 dvd's but since they have no subtitles. and they are more expensive I'd rather go with bootleg copies (i refuse to pay $89 for earthian when I can get it sor $9.99)

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:06 pm

I apologize for taking this off-topic. Mods, feel free to delete or move. Rant begins now:

Evangelionfreak wrote:well i just like the fact that they ar cheap. the subtitles are excellent. Ive never had a problem w/ them for 5 years. And I have lots of region 2 dvd's but since they have no subtitles. and they are more expensive I'd rather go with bootleg copies (i refuse to pay $89 for earthian when I can get it sor $9.99)

[url]http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/piratefaq.html#whynot[/url]

If you've been buying from them for five years, you should be old enough to know better by now. I have moved into fansubs in a big way in the last year, so I'm not exactly clean in this debate, but using fansubs at least won't actively fund a piracy industry.

Anime isn't cheap to make, and there have been a lot of financial problems, both historically in Japan and more recently for US importers. The only way that stopgap measures like fansubs are going to continue to be accepted by both of these groups is if financial support continues for the industry when it's possible. I don't buy unsubbed R2 DVDs -- that would be ridiculous -- but I do get R1 releases when I can. It's a group action problem, sort of like littering: if exceptionalism takes over, those of us who are left to clean up and actually buy the DVDs end up paying higher prices to support those who don't. If you can't afford that, a Netflix subscription is $15/month. It's not like any anime product is a necessity for life, anyway.

The US anime industry has been more flexible and responsive than their Hollywood counterparts; I think they deserve some support.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:13 pm

drinian wrote:I apologize for taking this off-topic. Mods, feel free to delete or move. Rant begins now:

Evangelionfreak wrote:well i just like the fact that they ar cheap. the subtitles are excellent. Ive never had a problem w/ them for 5 years. And I have lots of region 2 dvd's but since they have no subtitles. and they are more expensive I'd rather go with bootleg copies (i refuse to pay $89 for earthian when I can get it sor $9.99)

[url]http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/piratefaq.html#whynot[/url]

If you've been buying from them for five years, you should be old enough to know better by now. I have moved into fansubs in a big way in the last year, so I'm not exactly clean in this debate, but using fansubs at least won't actively fund a piracy industry.

Anime isn't cheap to make, and there have been a lot of financial problems, both historically in Japan and more recently for US importers. The only way that stopgap measures like fansubs are going to continue to be accepted by both of these groups is if financial support continues for the industry when it's possible. I don't buy unsubbed R2 DVDs -- that would be ridiculous -- but I do get R1 releases when I can. It's a group action problem, sort of like littering: if exceptionalism takes over, those of us who are left to clean up and actually buy the DVDs end up paying higher prices to support those who don't. If you can't afford that, a Netflix subscription is $15/month. It's not like any anime product is a necessity for life, anyway.

The US anime industry has been more flexible and responsive than their Hollywood counterparts; I think they deserve some support.

I really don't care, as long as I see it and my computer only has to go to the website. I'm good.

TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: What is your fav EOE track?

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Expansion of the Blockade. Elegant, cute, sad, hopeful, relaxing and amazing!
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: What is your fav EOE track?

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Eleven year necro - impressive!

But how could the answer be anything other than Komm susser Tod?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”