Evangelion Pic Thread 9: Pen-Pen's Playhouse [use spoilers]

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 9: Pen-Pen's Playhouse [use spoilers]

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:58 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Have the folks who do Death Battle been told about this? It might make for an interesting episode.

I checked on there youtube channel and wiki currently they've only done Godzilla vs Gamera. Also I forgot to add that this battle could also be interesting as you have beast mode as well if its set rebuild universe and you have Mari or Asuka in unit 02. Again they might fail in the first battle but it would be kind of funny to see 02 doing the Mothra thing and bite Shin Godzilla's tail and hang off it.

Unit 02 vs Shin Godzilla
SPOILER: Show

God vs God

Rebuild Vs Shin Godzilla poster
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:13 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:If making a piece of art where an Eva gets damaged means that the artist hates the person who's soul is in the Eva, then Hideaki Anno must hate Rei-I and Yui, and absolutely despise Kyoko.

You misunderstand. Yui is the Eva, therefore I call the Eva Yui. You can disagree, but I'm not the only one who does this, so may as well spare you further confusion.

I find the image pathetic mostly because Eva-01 could destroy Shin Godzilla with one of her fingernail clippings. (Eva-00 is lame enough to warrant having her head stepped on, though.) It just gives the impression that the artist loves Godzilla and hates the Evas, and wants to jack off to an outcome that could never happen.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:25 am

Actually I've seen quite a lot of threads on battle forums, claiming Godzilla would win. Because it's Godzilla. A legend predating Eva by quite a margin. .
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 am

Or Godzilla could laser beam Eva 01 the moment it emerges from the ground taking its head off killing Shinji. Or the other way around. Usually match up with gods are just unrealistic or plain boring.

Here's a nice pic inspired by the recently announced Evangelion fishing gear. Asuka suspiciously looks like Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut.

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Actually I've seen quite a lot of threads on battle forums, claiming Godzilla would win. Because it's Godzilla. A legend predating Eva by quite a margin. .

Technically it's a match between an unstoppable character and a plot armor.
Last edited by Joseki on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:19 am

No image, Joseki.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Cybermat47 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:You misunderstand. Yui is the Eva, therefore I call the Eva Yui. You can disagree, but I'm not the only one who does this, so may as well spare you further confusion.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I find the image pathetic mostly because Eva-01 could destroy Shin Godzilla with one of her fingernail clippings. (Eva-00 is lame enough to warrant having her head stepped on, though.) It just gives the impression that the artist loves Godzilla and hates the Evas, and wants to jack off to an outcome that could never happen.

I won't deny, that could be the artist's intent, but personally I get the impression that he just wanted to draw Hideaki Anno's kaiju fighting each other, and nothing more.

Plus, Godzilla circlejerkers tend to be too stupid to do anything other than draw Godzilla murdering Jesus in crayon :facepalm:

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Or Godzilla could laser beam Eva 01 the moment it emerges from the ground taking its head off killing Shinji. Or the other way around. Usually match up with gods are just unrealistic or plain boring.

Would destroying 01's head kill Shinji? Asuka survived 02's decapitation. And I actually doubt that Godzilla's breath could decapitate an Eva. It's strong, but not that strong.

And while Shin Godzilla is a god compared to other lifeforms, it's still vulnerable. OPERATION: Yashiori proved that. I would say that Evas would be more than capable of defeating Shin Godzilla with coagulant, while Godzilla would defeat the Evas in a more conventional battle.

Here's a nice pic inspired by the recently announced Evangelion fishing gear. Asuka suspiciously looks like Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shout.

The image isn't showing for me for some reason, I'm afraid.

Back to photos:

How Wille can afford the Wunder  SPOILER: Show
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:52 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Here's a nice pic inspired by the recently announced Evangelion fishing gear. Asuka suspiciously looks like Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut.

Reichu wrote:No image, Joseki.

It should work now.

Cybermat47 wrote:Would destroying 01's head kill Shinji? Asuka survived 02's decapitation. And I actually doubt that Godzilla's breath could decapitate an Eva. It's strong, but not that strong.

If I remember correctly Asuka survived because they disabled the synch at the last moment or something similar.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:34 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Actually I've seen quite a lot of threads on battle forums, claiming Godzilla would win. Because it's Godzilla. A legend predating Eva by quite a margin. .

And I definitely would agree with those sentiments. The evas may be the power of the bond between a mother and child personified....but Gojira, he is NATURE'S WRATH PERSONIFIED, uncaring, unmoving, and unflinching.

They also say that the AT-Field of an Eva is impenetrable? Well, NOTHING in life is truly impenetrable. It's just a matter of applying enough FORCE. And the King himself? He's all ABOUT force. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:42 pm

To me this both depends on incarnation and circumstance. If this was Showa Godzilla (which was before invincibility and regeneration were general abilities of his) against a post-core absorption Eva-01 that either went beserk, or its pilot was able to get an absurdly high synch rate, then it goes to the Eva. On the other hand, if this is Heisei/Millenium Godzilla against a pre-core absorption Eva-01 and the pilot's synch rate was low, then it goes to the G-man
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Cybermat47 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Why didn't Asuka just do this in NGE?  SPOILER: Show

True Love  SPOILER: Show

Rei finds happiness  SPOILER: Show

Asuka returns to Germany  SPOILER: Show
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:13 pm

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:
Rei finds happiness  SPOILER: Show

Putin???!!! :bigeyes: Then I would want a crossover between Eva and Escape from Tarkov, 'cause this game has some interresting ideas that work well for a Eva Spin-Off, that takes place during the events of Rebuild, where you work for either NERV or WILLE as a mercenary or being a civilian who must survive by any means.

Hell no!!! :cringe: The Fuerer dares to exploit Asukas talent as a Eva-Pilot to plot his reign over the world and to start his own Impact. Otherwise, Asuka rips and tears him and the Reich apart like the Doom Marine and BJ Blazkowicz!
Last edited by The Cruel on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Why didn't Asuka just do this in NGE?  SPOILER: Show

In the words of Angry Frank from Harry Enfield "Oi you! No!"
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:33 pm

I want an anime with a genderbended Hitler and Putin done in chibi-style where "Mira Poutine" time-travels to 1945 Germany and charms "Fina Hitleria" with polonium buttplugs.

Directed by Oliver Stone
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Asuka x Inkling girl  SPOILER: Show

Sweet LAS and Pen Pen  SPOILER: Show

LAS Land  SPOILER: Show

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:25 pm

LAS Land  SPOILER: Show

I have a mailing address there.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:17 pm

But just as Wonderland and Neverland it's unhealthy to stay there and everyone must abandon it to grow up and face the hard grim reality of thankless job and taxes. :D
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Sweet LAS and Pen Pen  SPOILER: Show

Asuka's bum looks like a squash.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 pm

Somebody's gonna squash that, ifyaknowatimean. :shinjismile:

Sorry, but I had to.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:14 pm

^

I was wondering when somebody was going to do that. I was expecting Chuckman at first, but credit were credit is due Ray. XD
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby CommanderFish » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:18 am

I've gotta ask or I'll never know: What exactly does LAS mean/stand for?

EDIT: Wait is it "Langley And Shinji"?
Last edited by CommanderFish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Return to “Old Stickies”