Ramiel versus Zeruel

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:34 am

Which still makes them designed. They certainly wouldn't implement something like that without some sort of testing.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:44 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Which still makes them designed.

Are you implying that the FAR were proponents of "Intelligent Design"? >GASP<

They certainly wouldn't implement something like that without some sort of testing.

Testing, whuh?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:15 am

Reichu wrote:Are you implying that the FAR were proponents of "Intelligent Design"? >GASP<

Isn't that a forgone conclusion?

Testing, whuh?

Early testing to see if evolution could be guided. Not saying they went to human levels, just far enough to be reasonable sure it worked. Otherwise there is the rather scary possiblity that all the time invested in the project was an absolute waste.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Isn't that a forgone conclusion?

Probably, but you can bet my schoolboard won't support their drivel. ;;>

Early testing to see if evolution could be guided. Not saying they went to human levels, just far enough to be reasonable sure it worked.

Huh, I wonder. Going from primordial ooze to just the chordate (proto-vertebrate) level takes a gargantuanly long time, so I wonder how even uber-technological beings (and ones, presumably, rather genetically close to pathetic ol' us) would test something like that. Wonder how a sci-fi explanation would account for "guided evolution", as well... Evolution on Earth wasn't "guided" to the point that it avoided all sorts of experimentation and "detours" (including an entire era where the terrestrial fauna was dominated by archosaurs who kept mammals in very specific sets of niches, and who didn't seem especially "eager" to follow in the FAR's footsteps themselves) along the way.

Hmmm... Thread split tiem?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:59 pm

Reichu wrote:Huh, I wonder. Going from primordial ooze to just the chordate (proto-vertebrate) level takes a gargantuanly long time, so I wonder how even uber-technological beings (and ones, presumably, rather genetically close to pathetic ol' us) would test something like that.

LOL, I dunno. They did create immortals so time may not be an issue.

Wonder how a sci-fi explanation would account for "guided evolution", as well... Evolution on Earth wasn't "guided" to the point that it avoided all sorts of experimentation and "detours" (including an entire era where the terrestrial fauna was dominated by archosaurs who kept mammals in very specific sets of niches, and who didn't seem especially "eager" to follow in the FAR's footsteps themselves) along the way.

I doubt anyone could make a truely perfect system but the end result is a species of humans that match Lilith geneticly. Something like that happening randomly seems laughable to me.

Hmmm... Thread split tiem?

Relocated to the Angel gender thread?

TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Ramiel versus Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:29 pm

Ramiel. Zeruel may be stronger, but with the surprise factor, I think Ramiel wouldn't let it attack. Besides, it seems that if Zeruel is hit in the head, it becomes slower and dumber. With some strategy, I think Ramiel wins.
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 am

How do you propose an entity without any limbs goes about socking Zeruel in the head?

BTW, not sure if "slower and dumber" is quite what was being gone for there. Zeruel had been protected by ATF up until then, so getting punched, kicked, grinded against an elevator shaft, etc., was likely his first time experiencing pain. Being overwhelmed by it is rather, well... human.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:09 am

Without knowing the power of their AT Fields relative to each other, the most I suppose we can go on for this fight is strategy. In that case, I believe Ramiel would easily win. While Zeruel relies on brute strength, I don't believe it would get close enough to Ramiel to do any effective damage, who ultimately relies on defense and will automatically target any threat within a certain radius.

If we take the Rebuild versions into account, I believe there's some debate to be had. While Ramiel receives a significant offensive upgrade, being able to shapeshift, Zeruel also gets a major defensive upgrade. We see the Angel utilize a multi-layered AT-Field that can also be projected as a weapon or shield. Ramiel still has the advantage of distance, but I believe Zeruel might be able to at least offer an interesting fight with its new AT field.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:22 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:How do you propose an entity without any limbs goes about socking Zeruel in the head?

With an energy beam, maybe? Again, this would require some strategy...

View Original PostReichu wrote:Zeruel had been protected by ATF up until then, so getting punched, kicked, grinded against an elevator shaft, etc., was likely his first time experiencing pain.

So was Armisael. And the dude was still like nothing. And that's what I'm saying. Maybe Zeruel was overwhelmed by pain. Besides, I'm talking about an hypothetical situation where Zeruel doesn't fight EVA-01. So, it would be her first time in pain too.
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:24 am

Hmmm. Hard to say. Although my money is on Zeruel.

Sure, Ramiel got this mega heat ray that can melt an EVA's armor within seconds, especially at long range. But I remember when I first watched Zeruel appeared, that dude was one tough nut to crack.
His A.T. field was unlike any other NERV has encountered. They were just spraying bullets and missiles all over him, even Asuka had a hard time defeating him. He was practically all :dog_laugh:
While he was just trolling NERV.
I'd say that Zeruel was probably the strongest Angles out of all them they had faced.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”