Similarities between Shin Godzilla and Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Similarities between Shin Godzilla and Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 am

It's been a while since I saw NGE, so when I was browsing through the EvaGeeks wiki, I was rather surprised to find something I had forgotten, but was also instantly recognisable: the Angel Tower.

SPOILER: Show

What surprised me was how similar it is to the final shot of Anno's film Shin Godzilla, which shows Godzilla's new evolutionary form:

SPOILER: Show

This is just one of many visual similarities.

Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Similarities between Shin Godzilla and Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Huh! Somehow I managed not to notice the Angel Tower / GojiTail thing, even though I'm the one who added most of the stuff about the former to the wiki! :lol: That's really nifty.

The "swerving light beam" can probably be traced back at least as far as the God Warriors from the Nausicaa manga. Anno himself animated the melting, somewhat less lively one in the animated film, but you can see them destroying stuff in all their towering, toothy glory in the "God Warriors Attacks Tokyo" tokusatsu short by Anno and Shinji Higuchi, narrated by none other than Megumi Hayashibara.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Similarities between Shin Godzilla and Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Someone's done a really good video on this if you wanted to add more to this post though they used rebuild as the compassion not the original series ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_p1mJQPCw
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”