Changing username

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

cody727kirby
Adam

Changing username

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I searched through the forum, but couldn't find information about this one. Is it possible to do so? Been a longtime poster, and would like to be able to change it. My username was taken from my first email from middle school, hence the "kirby"... was a big fan at the time, lol)

I've been using "Coduscus" in other forums and such, and it would make my day if an admin from on high could help me out or point me in the right direction ^_^

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:12 pm

I had my username changed on a whim just by asking an admin (SSD), so...
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:29 pm

It's possible, but kind of a pain so we don't like to do it flippantly.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Changing the username is easy (the forum software does it); fixing up all the mentions of the name is the tricky bit (that involves directly editing the underlying database).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:56 pm

Wouldnt mind just the simple forum software change if someone would want to help me out. I've never been mentioned specifically (maybe 1 or 2 quote replies), and my proposed name is similar enough that I think people could put two and two together on the few posts I'm mentioned. I guess I should say I've been a long time lurker rather than poster, although hoping to change that soon.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Like Tines mentioned, the re-coding part is a bit of a pain so that can't be as easily done. Ornette can explain the nitty gritty better than me.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 pm

You've been mentioned/quoted 29 times, which isn't really that many and would be pretty quick to replace in the database. But until new forum software comes around, this isn't really something we want to get into the habit of doing. But I can do it some late night when forum is less active when I have the time.

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:37 am

Ok, sounds good ^_^ Thank you for the all the help.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Changing subtitle BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Could a mod please change my subtitle? "God" has me feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Count me surprised though to learn that there was a rank higher than the last one... I forget, was it "Seed"?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

The Flying Fortress
Adam

Re: Changing username

•      
  •      

Postby The Flying Fortress » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:25 am

I ended up creating a new account (reckless attitude), I now realize that just contacting the administrators before that, I think my current name is more pleasant and combines better with the Universe of this forum, I think 'Magneto' is a bit off To order, but now I did this, just waiting to delete it from my old account.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”