E3 2017

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: E3 2017

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Ok, E3 has pretty much wrapped up by now. Overall I think this year was decent, but also a sign that the 8th console gen is now winding down. Still, lots of great stuff, even if there seemed to be a lot less announcements than in the previous 2 years. There were also quite a few disappointments for me: no Red Dead 2, no FFVII Remake, very little KH3, Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash STILL doesn't have a western release date in spite of it being due out this summer, trailers for Detroit and Days Gone have killed my interest in those two games, and the new FFXV Universe concept (scrap these spinoffs, take the money and resources you were going to use for them, and pour those into fixing the main game!). There was also plenty of WTF thrown in (Skyrim VR and FFXV fishing game, anyone?). On the bright side, Nintendo had a stronger showing than they have had in years, especially with the announcement of a Switch mainline Pokemon RPG (the killer app of all killer apps). Now hopefully they'll be able to deliver on those promises.
[Redacted]

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: E3 2017

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:43 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Ok, E3 has pretty much wrapped up by now. Overall I think this year was decent, but also a sign that the 8th console gen is now winding down. Still, lots of great stuff, even if there seemed to be a lot less announcements than in the previous 2 years. There were also quite a few disappointments for me: no Red Dead 2, no FFVII Remake, very little KH3, Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash STILL doesn't have a western release date in spite of it being due out this summer, trailers for Detroit and Days Gone have killed my interest in those two games, and the new FFXV Universe concept (scrap these spinoffs, take the money and resources you were going to use for them, and pour those into fixing the main game!). There was also plenty of WTF thrown in (Skyrim VR and FFXV fishing game, anyone?). On the bright side, Nintendo had a stronger showing than they have had in years, especially with the announcement of a Switch mainline Pokemon RPG (the killer app of all killer apps). Now hopefully they'll be able to deliver on those promises.

Xbox - not next gen, just a better version of the console just like the PS4 Pro
Sony - dull, a few cool games like God of War and Spidey left for next year and that's it (I'm predicting PS5 announcement next E3)
Nintendo - ports and announcements of new Switch games in development for future years to come

I agree, it seems this generation of gaming is basically over. Just some final big games in 2018 and we're done. But I got my HD remake of a game I wanted, so the E3 was good-enough for me.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”