Terminator - Genisys (2015)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Terminator - Genisys (2015)

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Cameron's Creativity Cash-in: Part IV
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 pm

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/he-wont-be- ... 30653.html

He won't be back. The years have finally caught up with Arnie, he's not going to be involved with the next movie. Crying shame. His most Iconic role deserved a better send off than Genysis.

Here's hoping 'Terminator' with Tim Miller directing can do something new. But will people want to go see another Terminator film if the Arnie Bot, the face of the franchise isn't in it?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Eh. If they're doing another one they'll CG him into the story at some point.

They already CG'd Schwarzenneger into Terminator: Salvation & people went to see that film... kind've... it made more at the US box office than Genisys did. It still amazes me that a Terminator film didn't gross over $100 million at the US box office but that's just a sign of how truly dead this series is. But we're in the world of global cinema now so China gave it enough of a push for there to be at least one more.

We're a long ways from 2009 & if Logan could squeeze in full close ups of a CG Hugh Jackman into action scenes & no one ever realized that was a computer effect than I can't see why they won't be able to more effectively slap Arnold into another Terminator.

Be best if they don't let him speak otherwise it'll be another gross uncanny valley thing like that Peter Cushing zombie in Rogue One. And The Terminator works best when he keeps quiet.

Funny to realize the Baywatch movie is the film Paramount dropped into the opening slot left behind by the already set to go Terminator Genisys sequel. The Rock is easily the replacement for Arnold. I wonder what film they have put into the empty spot left behind by Terminator 7 (the producers were REALLY confident that trash heap Genisys was going to be a monster success)

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote: It still amazes me that a Terminator film didn't gross over $100 million at the US box office but that's just a sign of how truly dead this series is. But we're in the world of global cinema now so China gave it enough of a push for there to be at least one more.

When Genesys came out my opinion on new terminator sequels was "fool me once, shame on you, fool me three or more times, shame on me." I think I may not have been the only one to adopt that attitude at the time.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun May 21, 2017 1:11 am

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun May 21, 2017 1:27 am

Oh, dear gods. The guy is pushing 70, what the hell?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun May 21, 2017 1:28 am

IT"S TIME TO STOP ARNOLD! IT'S TIME TO STOP!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 am

Maybe the next movie will be a slice of life comedy about Pops the Terminator enduring life in LA.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 am

I just hope this can send the Arnie Bot out on a high note. Cause Arnold's most Iconic role DESERVES a better send off than he's gotten in the last few movies.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun May 21, 2017 1:40 am

I'm pretty sure whatever is planned next is going to be a reboot. Making it the series third - or is it fourth? - reboot in a row. So Pops & his T-1000 powers won't be part of it.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Tue May 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Personally, I would question less why they're making a sequel to it anyway when there absolutely no need to. The first two Terminator movies are classics, and the second one was a great end to the story. Not only was there no use not to continue it, but Genisys completely screwed the franchise up by making the first two Terminator's, the bedrock of this franchise, obsolete.

Cameron and Arnie are wasting their money and time here, since the former is already working on the Avatar sequels and the other is a renowned action movie star; they're just adding a bucketful of salt to the wound now.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Return to “Film and Video”