New FanFic! Ace Combat Evangelion

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: New FanFic! Ace Combat Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed May 17, 2017 12:12 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Story can't hold a candle to Ace Combat, though.

No offence intended but I don't think it fair to say anything like this until this story is full written and though I can't give spoilers as I have spoken to author regarding it I will say that this is not a paste for paste copy of Evangelion 303, there are some very different ideas and themes involved in the concept and its a very different animal.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm

...I was talking about HAWX, not this fanfic.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:...I was talking about HAWX, not this fanfic.

Oh...sorry about that my mistake.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 17, 2017 12:58 pm

amitakartok wrote:Story can't hold a candle to Ace Combat, though.

I would have to agree. I looked up the game at lunch, the plot is a little thin, besides tying into other Clancy games from Ubisoft, Tom Clancy isn't exactly something I would associate planes with, stealth and ground combat, maybe something to do with submarines, but not HAWX. Then again, the only plots that Ubisoft did well were Splinter Cell (at least through the fourth), and most of the Assassin's Creed games (AC4, AC2, and ACB being the standouts).

But again, that 360-firing arc missile (the QAAM I believe) is intriguing, but I don't think that holds a candle to the Nosferatu's ADMM (18 salvos of 12 missiles each), or its spiritual successor in Joint Assault the ODMM.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed May 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Damn right it doesn't.

Though if there's one thing I love about that game, it's the XA-20 Razorback. It might look plain for you, but I personally find it sexy as hell. Variable-geometry stealth bomber? Yes, please.

Could be an antagonist plane. Tabris, maybe?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu May 25, 2017 1:56 pm

^ Well, you're not wrong, it's like an F-22 and F-14 had a damn baby, which is, well, fucking awesome!

Not sure on if to include it, I'd have to do some serious research on it besides Googleing pictures to see which Angel it would best fit... my gut says Shamshel, but I'm not sure. But I can say two things for sure, I have something very special for Tabris planned (which will be beyond awesome), and that this plane will feature in its ADF-01 configuration as one Angel or another...
SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu May 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Sweeeeet. :devil:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am

So, while I may still be working on my other fic, that doesn't mean I don't dabble with this one. Below is the final design of Evangelion, in its base colors (grey basically), with some added symbols, mainly the little triangle that denotes an ejection system, and some added squadron lettering. The other pics also detail various other things, like what the Entry Plug (or cockpit) looks like, and how it ejects and so on. For the landing gear, the plane utilizes three sets of four, with two wide sets located in the rear, and one set coming out of that pod looking thing on the bottom with narrower tires (or tyres depending on where you're from).

FINAL CONFIGURATION  SPOILER: Show
LANDING GEAR DEPLOYED  SPOILER: Show
ENTRY PLUG DETAIL  SPOILER: Show
SUBSONIC/TRANSONIC EJECTION  SPOILER: Show
SUPERSONIC EJECTION  SPOILER: Show

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 am

Awesome sketches ^_^

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:31 am

So while looking for some inspiration for this fic while writing my current fic, I installed Steam on my new laptop and played Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, ended up changing the skins around for the F-22 Raptor, and got this.

Unit-01  SPOILER: Show
Unit-02  SPOILER: Show

Not quite like what I came up with, but it was pretty amazing to fly around with Unit-01 and Unit-02 blowing things to kingdom come. Will probably do more later on, but for now I think this is good.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:44 am

Now do that with a YF-23 and I'll be satisfied.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 pm

amitakartok wrote:Now do that with a YF-23 and I'll be satisfied.

Unit-01 YF-23  SPOILER: Show
Unit-02 YF-23  SPOILER: Show

And for fun
Unit-01 F-14D  SPOILER: Show
Unit-02 F-14D  SPOILER: Show

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:43 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:
Unit-01 YF-23  SPOILER: Show
Unit-02 YF-23  SPOILER: Show

Niiiice. F-22 just doesn't look futuristic enough for me, but this hits the spot.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Well, in being stuck in one story, I have given this one a fair amount of thought, and if I can complete NGE: Legacy by the end of this year or sometime next early 2020, this will be the next story I work on.

In the meantime, here are someone screen caps from Ace Combat: Assault Horizon with some more custom paint jobs for two planes, the CFA-44 Nosferatu and ASF-X Shinden II. Personally, the Shinden is a wonderful aircraft, and has a lot of color customization options.

CFA-44 Nosferatu Unit-01  SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImageImage
CFA-44 Nosferatu Unit-02  SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImageImage

ASF-X Shinden II Unit-01  SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImageImage
ASF-X Shinden II Unit-02  SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImageImage

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Ooooo I like those forward-swiped wings on the Shinden II
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Yeah, it's a VTOL craft too, it has tiered engines that allow that to happen (basically the engines are stacked on top of each other). I've debated changing the aircraft from the Fenrir to the Shinden II for the Evangelions, but the Fenrir is larger and looks more aggressive, it also has more room for internal weapons, and has a sealed canopy (closer to an Entry Plug)rather than glass, so I'm sticking with my first choice.

Return to “Fanfiction”