Trailer

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:34 pm

You know what, as soon as i posted that message, i remembered Toji. God, being a noob is terrible. How did you all get through it?!

I'll rephrase myself - "another male pilot that Shinji at least knew was a pilot"

By the way Bob, am loving Tenant of Room 404 Keep it up!

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:43 pm

BobBQ wrote:Is anyone else getting a Mamimi vibe from Webuild Rei?

If you ment mami, then yes.

I??m really digging the new Rei :D I saw some emotions this time. For those of you curious where 0:45-0:50 somewhere around there.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:44 pm

As long as she doesn't turn into alternate-reality Rei, i'm fine with it.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:44 pm

Indigo Arcangel wrote:<snip> God, being a noob is terrible. How did you all get through it?!
Well, I re-watched the series a few times and read up on various interpretations of Eva on a few dozen websites and books and drew up my conclusions.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:38 pm

Is anyone else getting a Mamimi vibe from Webuild Rei?

not particularly, she' s just 3D now
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:57 pm

GAH!! Where is the new trailer posted and why's everybody already commenting on it! >_<

Come on, people! Help a sister out! I'm nearly pissing my pants in excitement because you people are talking about the new Pilot being Kaworu (so wait..Does this mean HE'S the 2nd Child/Boy? O_o Or are they going by order found, Rei-1st, Asuka-2nd, Shinji-3rd, etc? Or do Kaworu and Touji's ranking's getting switched like the Angel's numbers? O_o)and Kaworu himself being F-K-kun :D, and some stuff about Asuka-chan!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:19 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:GAH!! Where is the new trailer posted and why's everybody already commenting on it! >_<

Click here for the trailer.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:...I'm nearly pissing my pants in excitement because you people are talking about the new Pilot being Kaworu (so wait..Does this mean HE'S the 2nd Child/Boy? O_o Or are they going by order found, Rei-1st, Asuka-2nd, Shinji-3rd, etc? Or do Kaworu and Touji's ranking's getting switched like the Angel's numbers? O_o)and Kaworu himself being F-K-kun :D, and some stuff about Asuka-chan!

This is mostly conjecture inspired by the trailer. Toji and Kaworu are not in the trailer.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:47 pm

Like I think I mentioned before, Utada's "remake" sounds exactly like her original version I've heard. O_o

Still, I'm now excited. ^__^ Some scenes seemed shot-for-shot of the original, but I don't care as long as its just as good as the original Eva. (Personally, I think just because something's new doesn't make it better. For instance, Sailormoon's live-action remake Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon was good in its own right but wasn't as good as the original despite their having been already Sailormoon musicals out long before the live-action show aired.)

Either way, it would be interesting to see what Anno does this time around, and because Eva's his freaking baby, I don't think he butcher it (unlike a certain guy known for his Laziness and Procrastination... :roll:). He might be Anno being Anno with his slight egocentric...ness, but still.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:11 am

cat42 wrote:This is mostly conjecture inspired by the trailer. Toji and Kaworu are not in the trailer.

Refer to 1:11 in the trailer.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:53 am

Indigo Arcangel wrote:
<snip> God, being a noob is terrible. How did you all get through it?!

Well, I re-watched the series a few times and read up on various interpretations of Eva on a few dozen websites and books and drew up my conclusions.

To be fair, so have I, it's just that i always seem to get my facts mixed. I have the memory of a tick.

Only my first few few posts on this forum, and i've already dug myself into a hole (cries)

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:47 am

Don??t take it the wrong way. Just do a little research and re-read things before posting. Some of the posters have been doing this for a long time, you could even call them gurus.

Anyways, I really hope the do a release in the US sometime soon.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:51 am

Me too. Watching all of it in crappy youtube quality would really suck. :(

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:00 am

And that??s how it will be for a while...

Did they ever announce if ADV will release it here?
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:03 am

Bad news. From what I know, it's not being done by ADV, but by Manga Entertainment. Apparently, they're rather disliked due to crappy translations, "Dub of Evil", etc.

machinamar
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby machinamar » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:28 am

>Is anyone else getting a Mamimi vibe from Webuild Rei?
If you mean Mamimi from FLCL, yeah, I got that feeling, too.

Oh, and the new version of Fly Me To the Moon for Rebuild isn't exactly the same; it features more violin, but that's really all.

Bah! Poor Kaworu, being left out. Maybe in the next bootlegged trailer. >_> Now that I think on it, this is how we're going to be watching the movie come September, isn't it? Are there any fansub groups willing to put that much effort into a pirated hour•and•a•half•long movie?

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:38 am

Utada 'Fly me to the Moon' + More Violins = Kickass Eva theme-tune
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

chiefen
Tunniel
Tunniel

^_^ \/,,

•      
  •      

Postby chiefen » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:39 am

Indigo Arcangel wrote:Utada 'Fly me to the Moon' + More Violins = Kickass Eva theme-tune

I don't really like Utada's version. I prefer the other one.
NGE, N. G. E., N. G. Evangelion, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

NOT Eva or EVA. Please. >_<

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:42 am

Bad news. From what I know, it's not being done by ADV, but by Manga Entertainment. Apparently, they're rather disliked due to crappy translations, "Dub of Evil", etc.

How is that bad news?

JP
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JP » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:45 am

Manga?? Oh shart. I'm still pissed with their vhs-quality of EoE. A renewal re-release would be nice for those of us with HD setups. It's horrible when the series (platinum set) looks top notch, but then goes downhill with the movies.
Then there's the actual problems with the disk not even working on many dvd players, or cutting out in others.

I'm really just hoping for a Japanese dvd release soon. That way it will find it's way to the internet, hopefully someone will + subtitles. That will be absolutley fine for me until a US release. I don't watch dubs so for me it doesn't matter. For those who do, well, I wish you good luck :?
The pregnancy is now absolute.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”