What are some of the good traits you can say about Asuka?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

C.T.1290
Adam

What are some of the good traits you can say about Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 pm

I know back on some of my earlier threads, I have been saying some pretty negative things about Asuka. To be honest, I've been a bit skeptical about her. And because of that, I fail to see more goodness in her, believing her to be incapable of having any positive traits.

Speaking of which, I now take this opportunity to ask you guys about some of Asuka's more positive traits for you to name.

For me, I think she is an exceptional EVA pilot, who had some prior training that Shinji did not have. But I think we know that already.

So what are some of the positive things you can say about her?
Craab People, Craab People. Taste like crab, talk like people. Craab People, Craab People.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: What are some of the good traits you can say about Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu May 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Remember the episode Asuka come home early from her date? She found Shinji practicing his cello and complimented on his playing. This was also the episode they later kissed. I believe this is the one episode were they connected the closest.
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

C.T.1290
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Remember the episode Asuka come home early from her date? She found Shinji practicing his cello and complimented on his playing. This was also the episode they later kissed. I believe this is the one episode were they connected the closest.

Yeah, that's true. It's​ too bad that things spiralled downwards after that kiss fiasco, where Shinji didn't put his arms around Asuka, which many people believed to be another part of her problems. And it's also where the two of them drifted further apart.

But I think that part of Asuka complimenting Shinji on his cello playing could show that she can be friendly to people if she wants to. She is friends with Hikari, so why couldn't she be that way with Shinji more often as well?
That's what I liked to see more of.
Craab People, Craab People. Taste like crab, talk like people. Craab People, Craab People.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 am

Episode 10, where she helps him with his homework (and teases him more gently than usual), shows a positive side of her, as well.
Crying Man
(Or, How Misato's Dad Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft, 10/?? chapters done. Ch.10 released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

silvermoonlight
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri May 19, 2017 1:45 am

She does try to invite Rei to Misato's party in episode 12 when she's promoted though Rei doesn't come but at the end of the episode she purposely picks a Ramen place because she knows Misato has money issues and so Rei can join as she doesn't like eating meat.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

peripateia
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby peripateia » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 am

It's simply impossible not to admire someone who fights to the end, and gives everything she's got.

SPOILER: Show

C.T.1290
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:25 pm

View Original Postperipateia wrote:It's simply impossible not to admire someone who fights to the end, and gives everything she's got.

I was actually proud of Asuka when she realized her mother had been inside her EVA all along. And​ that fight was her shining moment. It's too bad that she went down the way she did during her final Battle. It's a terrible way for her to go. :(

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri May 19, 2017 7:23 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:So what are some of the positive things you can say about her?

She's brilliant and beautiful and proud and defiant and fierce. She isn't particularly nice, but I don't care -- I appreciate her as a character, not as a life partner. And I honestly feel bad for anyone who can't see any value in a person unless they're nice.

When I think of Asuka I think of a great cat. Great cats are not cuddly, and they are not nice, and they are not pleasant to be around. But they're pretty darn magnificent, and most people can't help but admire them even though anyone with any sense doesn't wanna be anywhere near them. Asuka's kinda like that.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

C.T.1290
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 am

^Like a cat, huh? I guess I never really saw her that way.

Regarding her personality, it's true that she may not be the nicest of people. But I guess since some people would look past her fiery attitude, they may have seen more good in her than anyone could ever realized.

Gotta hand it to her. She sure got spirit, and a lot of spunk. ;)

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun May 21, 2017 1:43 am

She's human.

Flaws & all she feels like a real person who could exist in the real world.

silvermoonlight
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun May 21, 2017 5:41 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:^Like a cat, huh? I guess I never really saw her that way.

Though this is more a reference to Rebuild and not the series the form 02 takes when it goes in to beast mode in 3.33 looks like a huge cat possibly a lion or a tiger. ^_^

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

C.T.1290
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:23 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Though this is more a reference to Rebuild and not the series the form 02 takes when it goes in to beast mode in 3.33 looks like a huge cat possibly a lion or a tiger. ^_^

Oh yeah, I remember that.

Actually, I was referring to Bagheera's post about thinking of Asuka as a cat; you know, unpleasant at times when they have their moments, but I guess still nice to have around once they mellowed out.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”