Celebrity RIP Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

Re: Celebrity RIP Thread

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Powers Boothe at 68...

Was fantastic in Tombstone & pretty much single handedly made Sudden Death the best Die Hard rip off out there.

Need to watch Deadwood & catch up on Agents of Shield which he was a major villain on.

What?! Ohhh 'cmon. My early adulthood years are ruined. :sniffle:
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon May 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 pm

William Baumol, though not of his eponymous disease.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu May 18, 2017 5:19 am

Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden is dead at 52.

Why? WHY? Black Hole Sun was a song I listened to religiously as a moody kid in the early 2000s. It just really sent off a sense of mood and trippiness that I didn't get from other songs from other bands growing up. When it comes to the 90's Grunge scene, there is Nirvana, Soundgarden, and few if any others in between.

I actually got to see Chris once. Not with Soundgarden, but at like a lecture where he talked with Jimi Page about their respective careers. My dad was a huge Zepplin fan, he won tickets in a contest so we went together to see them in LA over a weekend. It was just so cool to see these two titans, just talking to each other like normal people for an hour. No pretense, no theatrics, just being two human beings.

Rest in piece Cornell. I'm going to go play Black Hole Sun and Spoonman on a loop for a few hours to try and make the pain go away.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am

Shocked to hear. Icons back in those college days of 90s rock growing older, dying slowly. :facepalm:

My brain's looping Black Hole Sun.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm

And more details have been released, apparently it was a suicide by hanging of all things.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu May 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Roger Ailes, executive television producer for Nixon, founder of Fox News, serial sexual harasser.

Rest
In
Piss
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri May 19, 2017 10:01 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:And more details have been released, apparently it was a suicide by hanging of all things.

The officials called it hanging, but then his relatives and friends say he had a problem with Ativan, a strictly-controlled drug designed to cut down anxiety but had side effects. In any case it's a terrible loss, since the band just reunited.

EDIT:

* Zack Snyder's daughter died
* Roger Moore, 89

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am

Roger Moore. What a life lived to the fullest. The Saint, Bond, UNICEF, being knighted, etc. Plus, by all accounts I've read, a cool, witty guy who was one of the only Bond actors to truly be grateful for being James Bond, even years after the fact.

Brb, firing up Carly Simon.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

DarkBluePhoenix
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue May 23, 2017 9:48 am

^ Such a shame to hear he's gone, he's the first Bond to die, and he was in some of my favorite Bond films (Octopussy and The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker), and whe was quite wonderful as Bond, ties with Connery IMHO as Best Bond.

He will be missed
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue May 23, 2017 1:17 pm

I would watch Moonraker over and over again as a kid this is who I will remember Roger Moore as.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 pm

The Saint is with the angels, now.

Also

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri May 26, 2017 10:23 pm

https://twitter.com/AP/status/868297110764097536

Zbigniew Brzezinski, former national security adviser during the Carter administration.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”