Ghosts of Evangelion

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Ghosts of Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu May 04, 2017 5:43 am

View Original PostRedgirl01 wrote:It didn't show Kyoko was in instrumentality, though so I don't know.

As in most stories not everything is necessarily shown, though; some have to be deduced. There is no reason to think she might have been excluded. In any case, this is Bagheera's fic, and he can choose to resolve uncertainties in the original as he sees fit. If you feel that another decision is preferable, that's fine - you could even consider writing your own fic to work through the consequences.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Thu May 04, 2017 10:18 am

View Original PostRedgirl01 wrote:It didn't show Kyoko was in instrumentality, though so I don't know.

That, and wasn't Kyoko's soul kind of split in two? I don't remember how (or if) this fic reasoned putting a person back together with just a portion of their soul. Kinda curious now.

EDIT: Kind of ninja'd by PW. Would still like to hear from the author though.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 04, 2017 11:16 am

The partial nature of Kyoko's soul is addressed in the fic, yes. Her appearance starts here and develops in later chapters.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri May 12, 2017 3:32 am

I started reading this a few days ago currently on chapter 3 just wanted to say the writing in here is excellent and you really feel the tension in places and the fight between Misato and Asuka was so on point and its the argument I always felt the series was missing, I'm really looking forward to reading more. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sat May 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Hy Bags, I've read your fic here and I found your concept of telling it in dates very original and intriguing. The more I followed, the more it made me read this till the very end. To witness Shinji's and Asuka's lives after 3I with the passage of time made me feel with them a lot. Congrats! :clap:
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 am

Okay so I read the whole story over two day and its really excellent I love that it doesn't shy away from the dark issues and I love that its one of those fanfictions that does bring up Asuka's body issues (Scars and such) because I could see body image being a struggle for her after 31. I also think you handled the sexual assault issue really well in this and the scene when Asuka sort of repeats the series in that she goes to the hotel room for a moment while reading I thought she was going to try to kill herself again but I loved that you showed her being able to get past that and move forward and the chapter with her birthday was really moving to read. Also her relationship with Shinji is really well handled and I liked that they had ups and downs but they got past it and grew as characters along with Misato who really goes the distance and becomes a really good guardian all in all an amazing and enjoyable read. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:09 am

I think this is the best fanfic I've ever read!
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:36 am

The author is pleased to hear of your interest and flattered by your comment.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:45 am

Since Bagheera has been banned from here and can therefore neither add to his story, nor correct any remaining errors (in the OP, the date May 18, 2022 should read March 18,2022), nor respond to comments, it has been rehosted elsewhere where he can do those things. As yet nothing is different, but any future changes or additions will happen there - he has more in mind, but no timetable.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:15 pm

Baggy, when the fuck are you going to update this bro? It's been dormant forever, you got writers block.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

MisterHalt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MisterHalt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Baggy, when the fuck are you going to update this bro? It's been dormant forever, you got writers block.

He's apparently been banned.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:01 am

What the fuck? Why? He's such a prominent member here. Is he gone forever?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:35 am

Took you a while to notice!
https://forum.evageeks.org/post/861435/Ban-notices/#861435

(you also have a PM)

SpellingSword
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SpellingSword » Sat May 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Wow, this is rather depressing. I mean, surely a PERMANENT ban to such a big contributor is excessive?

It's very sad to see people who have been a part of this community for years simply get banned/move somewhere else. Not really sure where I'm going with this... just doesn't feel right.

Lurker status gone I suppose.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:51 am

As Ghosts of Evangelion is only available to be read in a somewhat inconvenient form (whether here or on my website), I have prepared a nice PDF of it for easier reading. Some remaining typos are corrected in this version as well, and it has Bagheera's approval. It even has a clickable index!

Ghosts of Evangelion (PDF)
Last edited by pwhodges on Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 am

Thank you very much for this. I now feel tempted to read the thing over again in this new format
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 am

I also have a version with a few illustrations (from a review by Shadowjack on rpg.net); if I get permission to release it publicly, I will.

(The above link is now to the illustrated version.)
Last edited by pwhodges on Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Oh no... Bagheera is banned?

I discovered this fic a bit ago and was thrilled to see a thread on it in this forums but the author is shot :facepalm:

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:57 pm

You know, I really need to finish reading that fanfic. It’s been quite some time since I’ve started it.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:46 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Since Bagheera has been banned from here and can therefore neither add to his story, nor correct any remaining errors, nor respond to comments, it has been rehosted elsewhere where he can do those things. As yet nothing is different, but any future changes or additions will happen there - he has more in mind, but no timetable.

Since Bagheera's returned, i think it's safe to assume that this staff edit is no longer necessary
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Return to “Fanfiction”