Stuff that you would like to see in 3+1

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in 3+1

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:That is a curious design choice. Not only is it an unpresidented choice in this series, but it's a choice that lengthens the animation process. It would be easier to animated ATFs breaking or weaking like they did before, but this was a deliberate choice to be different.

Not sure if the CGI's to blame, though. If the choice is that deliberate, it would have been accomplished even with traditional animation.

Well, my main point was that it stands out -- it's "bad" because it's obvious. But since it's clearly deliberate the only conclusion is that it's meant to look like that, which is why I'm left puzzled about the whole thing.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Settie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Settie » Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 pm

^ If i'm thinking of the right scene, isn't that because the mark 04s were being pulled from their protective "cocoon" and that's why it looked like dozens of individual hexagonal tiles?? So my guess it was intentional to show them being pulled out.

Amitch91
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch91 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:56 am

I'd like to see an explanation/reveal of what Asuka's glowing eye/ strength to crack the glass in 3.0 is (i have seen a few theories on here that could be good guesses)

Zoop
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 am

View Original PostSettie wrote:^ If i'm thinking of the right scene, isn't that because the mark 04s were being pulled from their protective "cocoon" and that's why it looked like dozens of individual hexagonal tiles?? So my guess it was intentional to show them being pulled out.

If im getting what Bagheera is trying to say, its not about them being pulled out. I got that visual, but the way they chose to visualize it seemed bland and cheap to me. So the the scene succeeded in showing what is happening (pulling the mk 04's from underneath some kind of veil), but I too found it a weird design choice. Would have expected a more AT-kind of thing (transparant, colorful, looks like a barrier etc) but its... dark colored weird tiles (maybe its supposed to look like the exact opposite of AT fields ..)? Same for the cubes at the seal on Dogma.

The Divine Emperor
Embryo
Location: A wild weird clime that lieth, sublime, out of Space, out of Time

•      
  •      

Postby The Divine Emperor » Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Most of the things I want are already been said here but still:

- Some sequence in the desert. I don't want them right at the start, they could be flashback or dream sequences. There's no need to have them actually talking, especially Shinji, but they can play a lot with eye contact, tone, imagery. Continue on the route started at the end of 3.0 with Asuka taking Shinji by the end and then leaving only one trail on the sand. Stuff like that. Even a simple night scene in front of a fire with Shinji sleeping, Asuka watching him and Rei watching Asuka asking some generic but at the same time striking question like "what is a friend (love)?"/"why are pushing him this far?". I don't even need an answer since I'm pretty sure Rebuilds will not solve most of the questions its raises.

I strongly second this. In my opinion, though, this could account for a sizable chunk of the film. (Not the majority, of course, as that would be monotonous.) I would especially enjoy more attention given to Rei Q; her character development in 3.33 was (in my opinion) anemic and did her little justice.
We lie to ourselves every day, we know it, and we can’t do anything about it. We get along with other people by humoring their delusions. When we don’t, they hate us, and we are alone.

...Wendy Smith

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”