Who, truly, is best girl?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Who, truly, is best girl?

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Sakura was unbearable during the movie, how so many people could like her it's beyond my comprehension: she just pretends to be all smiles and cute but she's just faking it.

What's your basis for that assertion?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Sad, sad Shinji... (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

silvermoonlight
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri May 12, 2017 10:08 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Sakura was unbearable during the movie, how so many people could like her it's beyond my comprehension: she just pretends to be all smiles and cute but she's just faking it.

Each to his or her own but I would have said that more about Midori Kitakami and I only say this because she irritates the hell out of me when ever she's on screen and she basically that stereotype in anime that questions everything right at the wrong moment instead of getting things done. I can't stand her and she feels totality out of place in the Evangelion universe in my view she should be in one of the Gundam series or a magic girl series. No offence intended to anyone who likes her though.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Joseki
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:What's your basis for that assertion?

Her lines when Shinji asks them to remove the choker and when he's deceived by Rei Q/Mark 9. To me she never tried to understand how Shinji was feeling in those moments and she was friendly only because of Toji's relationship with him, not because she has any real affection for him (they never met before).

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Each to his or her own but I would have said that more about Midori Kitakami and I only say this because she irritates the hell out of me when ever she's on screen and she basically that stereotype in anime that questions everything right at the wrong moment instead of getting things done. I can't stand her and she feels totality out of place in the Evangelion universe in my view she should be in one of the Gundam series or a magic girl series. No offence intended to anyone who likes her though.

At least she was honest in her behavior, she knew Shinji only as "impact-kun" and she had every right to be pissed off at him for suggesting to pilot Eva 01.
「希望は残っているよ。どんな時にもね」

29/07/2017

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Fri May 12, 2017 12:12 pm

I, for one, quite enjoyed Sakura's television appearance.
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri May 12, 2017 4:34 pm

If we're judging "best girl" on the basis of who isn't "faking it," then we must only conclude that Mari and Rei are the Best Girls in any NGE continuity.

Unless we're discussing Sadamoto's Manga Mari. She's faking it. (Also, I am bemused at the claim of its seriousness towards that character.)

(Another also, Sakura's TV appearance?)

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Fri May 12, 2017 4:41 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:(Another also, Sakura's TV appearance?)

A joke at Sakura's expense, as we never see her in NGE at all.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri May 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Ah, I thought so.

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Fri May 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Real talk though, I quite liked Sakura in the Rebuilds. I fully admit, the reasons are not entirely fleshed out other than she's simply not a dick to best boy when he re-awakens and it was neat to see an adult version of her, considering that (like I mentioned above) we never got to see her character before, barring 2.0 when she appeared briefly as a kid.

Oh, and she has a bomb-ass character design.

I also liked Maya in the OG series and Rebuilds (before she went to impact-puberty), again simply for reasons being her character design is neat and she carried a goddamn adorable little cat pillow around in NERV.

This is of course all by far secondary to real best girl Asuka.

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Pfft, if anything that just makes me like her more, she's not cute, shes actually a badass!
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun May 21, 2017 8:05 pm

^ Indeed. I mean, what else should she do, passive-agressively take it out on him the way everyone else does?
Her family died she can't turn off her feelings with a button but she tried to be nice despite that, which is actually kind of saintly or as close to that as a human gets, like, it's not like she was deceiving Shinji for some ulterior purpose.

That seems to be her personality generally given what we hear about her in ep 4 where she was apparently very understanding about being smashed in a mecha fight & even chewed out Touji for his actions.

Also yes the design is cute no wonder everyone went gaga with the fanart.
Make Clone Love Not Clone War

DarkBluePhoenix
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am

Bump because I saw this gif at three in the morning and fell asleep with my laptop on my legs, woke up and realized I never posted this...

Just replace the word "waifu" with Asuka or Rei (or any best girl candidate) and this is the general reaction on here.
Your waifu is shit [NSFW - Language]  SPOILER: Show

Kendrix wrote:it's not like she was deceiving Shinji for some ulterior purpose.

I think you're right, she's actually the nicest to Shinji once he's plucked (or grown or whatever) from the Entry Plug. That and if she ever heard any of Toji's stories about him, maybe she thought she'd give Shinji a chance and show him some kindness because Toji thought so highly of Shinji.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

tism
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tism » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:53 pm

I truly am a Rei fan.

Physically I'm a sucker for the short hair and figure.

Personality wise I'll take meek over brash any day. I see Rei as a hard shell with soft insides. Asuka reminds me of the hedgehog. You'd get stabbed too often by Asuka before getting to the soft insides. I'd rather spend my time tapping at a shell until it cracks.

Finally, I'll always hope for a Rei/Ikari happily ever after though it will never come to pass. Girlfriend of Steel 2 notwithstanding. :tongue:

anti_pope
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anti_pope » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:19 am

Thats a hard one for me because every girl/woman in Evangelion is in some way attractive.

Asuka is mean and acts like a dumb cow outside but she has a soft inside. When anyone give's her a bit of time and really shows her that she can open up and that you understand her, I think she can be a really nice girl. Also she is quite hot. And she is german. Country bonus because I'm german too :D

Rei seems to be a cold one with no emotions but she also shows that she can feel and she can show emotions. I think you also need time for her to open up. Also I like that she has Liliths soul in her. Well, come on. You date the mother of all humans and earth live in some way :D also here, she has a nice body. Maybe a smaller chestsize but still pretty ones.

Maya...well she falls out because she is lesbian. She has nice attributes but what do they matter when she isn't even attracted to me?

Ritsuko...what should I say? Surely she may be a pretty woman but I just don't feel attracted to her. Gonna miss on her also.

Misato. She is truly a hottie. She is funny, she is hot, she is good in the bed and we resemble us in many ways. I think we don't need to talk about her body. Brasize E and a nice shape. Her character, how I said she is funny and very nice and I like that. But she can be hard too what is good. Than her open mind about sexuality. Only thing I don't like is that she drinks so much. I'm not a alcohol fan and kissing a girl with alcohol halitosis is not that nice, especially beer. Also what would come up to be a problem that I'm also not the cleanest one with my Room and 2 messy people living together in one appartement? I see the trash-Towers.

Hikari. A very cute and nice girl. Softhearted but she can also be serious. I really like that. She is a good cook too and I love good food. But more I can't say because there is not that much information about her character.

Now my favorite, Mari. I just love Mari. Her body...god! Her character. I like it! She is a bit crazy, like me, and she enjoys stear the EVAs, I think I would enjoy it too. She's also the pilot of my favorit EVA, Unit 05, and she is sexually open minded how it looks like. I would love to press my face between those georgeus breasts!

Did I miss someone from the series or RoE? I hope not but when I did, I will add her.

Bonus:
Kaworu. Well, I have to show a bit of my bisexual side but what mostly faszinate me about him is that he has the soul from Adam inside him and with that his contioness I believe. Think about it, you date the father of your biggest enemy in some way. Also his poetic side is what I like and his interest in human kind, the Lilin.

Asuka'sBigBrother
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:33 pm

:cringe:
Your regularly scheduled reminder that these are 14 year old children who've had traumatic childhoods.

Have a good guilt trip folks.

Also...

Rei is Shinji's mom and shipping is cancer, buh-bye ^_^
" Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." -ANDY

RamielBestGirl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RamielBestGirl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Ramiel is geometrically flawless

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:51 am

^ Most solid post in this thread to date.

Joseki
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:49 am

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me

「希望は残っているよ。どんな時にもね」

29/07/2017

DarkBluePhoenix
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:18 am

Joseki wrote:Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me

Did you just assume Llliel's gender?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”