God's personality

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

big_big_bozo
Embryo

Re: God's personality

Postby big_big_bozo » Tue May 09, 2017 1:52 pm

With the way you're framing this question, you'll never reach a satisfying answer. It simply doesn't exist. You're trying to apply an incredibly human concept like personality upon a being that, in spite of allegedly creating us in their image, couldn't be anymore disparate from our nature. Think about it; God is an omnipotent entity whose actions over the eternity of their existence portray them as something with an infinite capacity to feel every capable "human" emotion, while simultaneously being incapable of sin and being the sole judicator over said sins. Breaking all of that down into a coherent personality is friggin impossible.

Consider how personalities manifest among us humans; through life experiences and social interactions. You should note that personality isn't static, as it fluctuates throughout an an entire lifetime. God, on the other hand, is completely static, despite what you may think upon reading the New Testament. His nature is unchanging, his convictions absolute, and when you you stretch that out over an eternity with all the above caveats (above sin, etc) .... what sort of "personality" are you left with? I'd imagine it's nothing you or I could ever really understand.
sacred cum swamp denizen

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 09, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm not looking for "answers", I'm looking for opinions from a multitude of people, just like the one you gave me. Thank you for giving it, is there anything else you can add to your interpretation of his personality?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue May 09, 2017 2:32 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I'm not looking for "answers", I'm looking for opinions from a multitude of people, just like the one you gave me.

Why?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 09, 2017 2:41 pm

I like reading your guys thoughts and opinions to be quit honest.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue May 09, 2017 2:51 pm

In my personal opinion, "God" is whatever we make of ourselves, within ourselves, basically giving us the drive to move forward in life, be it Hope, faith, or whatever can help you enjoy life and push on. I don't really subscribe to any religious doctrine, as humanity is flawed and has a habit of distorting facts and opinions to suit their own needs, so I take religion with a grain of salt.

Yet, I still believe that there is SOMETHING out there that created the existence of the universe, but I'm only a human being with a biological brain with limitations. It's hard to fathom the whole of existence, when all we have are our limited senses.

In a sense, "God" is what we make of it, to give us the will to continue on. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 09, 2017 3:12 pm

^
Hey Good Sir, thank you for your opinion ^_^ it is very much appreciated, but that isn't the kind of subject I was asking about. This topic isn't about faith, belief, or whether or not he exists. It's simply about what you personally gather about his personality from his interactions with Humanity.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Hate to break this to you, Chaddy, but EGF isn't a Bible study group. Your question is so specific that, if you actually want answers, arbitrarily limiting yourself to a board like this doesn't make any sense.

So on the one hand, this thread is far too limited in scope to have much potential, and on the other, if it actually had broader scope it would be ripe for the lock anyway. I don't really want to see more threads like this popping up, either, so... yeah. That settles that.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”