Trading Card Games

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:12 pm

I've been playing Pokemon at a local league recently, basically it's just a chance to play pokemon every week and win promo cards and badges and junk.
The skill levels vary a bit at the league but there's a few guys better than me, with most of the rest pretty equal, I've been coming 2nd and 3rd every week.
Still running the Eels recycler, but now I have 2 Mewtwo-EXs and 2 Raikou-EXs, and only 1 Zekrom-EX. The Raikous are handy as you can snipe the opponents benched pokemon for 100 damage, and the Mewtwos are just fun to play. There's still a few cards I need to make the deck a little tighter, but for now the deck is still fun (i.e. a challenge) to play with.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Re: Trading Card Games

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:35 pm

N-N-NECRO POST !!!!

I got back into playing Magic Limited and Pauper (Only Commons Constructed) events semi-seriously.

The Pauper format is fun because it only allows common rarity cards and a competitive deck is around $20-$30 and Tier 1 Decks are maximum 50 because they run a lot of cards that Modern/Fronter/Legacy players also run. Some nonpopular decks can be around the $10 range even. I like it for the budget, its simplicity and the general level of competition (everyone plays their best game with no financial barriers) which makes it quite fun and exciting.

Drafting and Sealed was a thing I always wanted to do as a kid but for a variety of reasons couldnt participate in.

Also new egyptian-themed set is coming out soon !!!

Who's playing any pre-release events this weekend?

Also for the people just generally interested in magic but dont know how to get into it, Magic Duels is available for free on steam, cuts the fat on all the complicated turn priority stuff without dumbing the game down. Also the skill level on there is quite low, the pros tend to hang out on MTG: Online which is a terrible platform for beginners because you have to buy cards with real money and packs are the same online as they are in paper.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”