Evangelion Clock screensaver v2.0. Now with Flash and stuff.

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 am

Ornette wrote:Gentoo Linux:

install "gnash": http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash

Nice... finally, something useful that works with Gnash ;)

Thanks! And a suggestion: I once wrote a similar EVA clock applet (Linux-only, sorry) that also reacted to the AC/battery state of the laptop it was running on (using the internal/external indications on the right side of the clock).
It might be possible to add something similar using something like Flash-Javascript interaction, given an application (something based on Gnash) which can execute javascript code in response to battery events?
I'm not an expert on Flash, but I can probably reuse the system-dependent part I wrote...

Evafan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Evafan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:50 am

Kudos! This is some really neat work.

:asuka_thumbsup: Sohryu approves

Marzan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Marzan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Looks fantastic! Anyone got it to work in Mac?
And everything under the Sun is in tune, but the Sun is eclipsed by the Moon- Roger Waters

"Timeo hominem unius libris"

Shadowed Valor
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shadowed Valor » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:49 am

I approve of this thread. Although I feel like shutting down when it gets to midnight...
There's supposed to be signature here? But last time I wrote on the monitor, I couldn't get the permanent marker off!!

D8

SuperDM
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SuperDM » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:28 am

Wow, this is some amazing, amazing stuff! I totally registered just to say how awesome this is! XD
Thank you so so so much and keep up the excellent work!

P.S. I also agree that making a 5 minute countdown timer or any countdown timer like the iphone app would be absolutely mind-blowing!

P.P.S. Thanks again for the super sweet screensaver!!!
My life is average.

Lui
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lui » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 pm

So, any word on how the countdown timer is going?

It'd be really awesome if it could be made to have a settable countdown timer, then the PC to shutdown/standby when the timer runs out.

But then again I know nothing about Flash or Screensavers or whatever the hell.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit. Images, quotes, and code tags are not allowed in Signatures.

Gryphus_OnE
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gryphus_OnE » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:10 am

wow awesome! Is it possible that you could do a Rebuild version also?

Marucla
Embryo

Screen Resolution

•      
  •      

Postby Marucla » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Hey, first off I'd like to thank you for making an awesome screen saver, and then porting it over to OSX (Which I'm currently using) And I was just wondering, would it be possible to add to the OSX version the ability to re-size for different resolutions, because currently the screen saver doesn't fill up my whole screen. I saw from the screen shot of the windows version that it was possible to change the resolution, and I was just wondering if it would be very difficult to add that functionality for the Mac version. Even if this is not possible replying to my post to tell me that it's not possible would still be greatly appreciated. Again thank you so much for making this screen saver.

tldr; Could you add the ability to change the resolution of the screen saver to Mac OSX, I saw that it was available in the windows version.
This show changed the way I look at almost everything in my life

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Lui wrote:So, any word on how the countdown timer is going?

It'd be really awesome if it could be made to have a settable countdown timer, then the PC to shutdown/standby when the timer runs out.

But then again I know nothing about Flash or Screensavers or whatever the hell.

if you hit [Power] in the screensaver tab, you can set the moniter to power down after a preset time (5 min is the lowest)...as for the countdown i can't imagine it would be too hard to set a timer from a customisable value...
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Joppu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Joppu » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:27 am

Sorry, yeah, I have been busy with my life (yeah, like a had one Image)

But yeah, there will probably be a new version completely written in C++ someday with countdown option and such. But yeah, I'm not promising anything soon.

Marucla wrote:Hey, first off I'd like to thank you for making an awesome screen saver, and then porting it over to OSX (Which I'm currently using) And I was just wondering, would it be possible to add to the OSX version the ability to re-size for different resolutions, because currently the screen saver doesn't fill up my whole screen. I saw from the screen shot of the windows version that it was possible to change the resolution, and I was just wondering if it would be very difficult to add that functionality for the Mac version. Even if this is not possible replying to my post to tell me that it's not possible would still be greatly appreciated. Again thank you so much for making this screen saver.

tldr; Could you add the ability to change the resolution of the screen saver to Mac OSX, I saw that it was available in the windows version.

The file is just a Flash file and it's converted into a screensaver with a 3rd party application so there's really nothing I could do about it.

If I owned a Mac I would probably have optimized the screensaver for it too.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:36 am

yippeee countdown timer!

SilentFang
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SilentFang » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Firstly, amazing screensaver, I've been using it on my PC since I found it here. But I was wondering, considering it is just a flash file, could you make a 320*240 pixel, flash lite .swf? If you do, I would be able to use it as the screen saver for my phone, which we all know would be awesome!

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:52 am

I have been looking all over for something like this. Can't thank you enough! :thumbsup:
Take a wild guess at what the AV means....
Adult Video? -The Eva Monkey

You raise the blade...
You make the change...
You rearrange me 'till I'm sane...

Count_Paradox
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Count_Paradox » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 am

I too would like a countdown version!
It may just be me, and im not angry, i love the thing ^^ but does the sound seem out of sync for some people?
just wondering... and trying to restart the topic :3

~Kouta
EDIT: Its in sync, disregard what i said.... -///- therefore my only comments are Great Work! and A countdown would be awesome! P.S. I have a 1080 screen and it looks a bit blocky... just saying...
I am and will always be loyal to NERV.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Oooh, this'll deffo help with WallEva. (Intermission countdown)
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Finally. Something made for Gentoo first. I shall use it on my computer and its Eva-ness shall be complete! :mwahaha:
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Lazerdoctor
Embryo

Clock

•      
  •      

Postby Lazerdoctor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:37 pm

How do I change the time since the hour is 5 hours off from where I live

AskEvaBinders
Embryo

Re: Evangelion Clock screensaver v2.0. Now with Flash and stuff.

•      
  •      

Postby AskEvaBinders » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 pm

The links you provide are broken.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 am

Eight-year-old links are often broken; and the provider hasn't been on the forum for six years, so you're unlikely to get an answer.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

kevinlowl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kevinlowl » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:43 pm

If anybody still wants the screesaver, google "evangelion clock screensaver" and click on the evangelionbr.com link, in there there is an active mediafire download link. I can't believe it still works after almost 10 years.

Return to “Fan Works”