FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:19 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Well it's at least good to know that he is still alive, I was worried about the dude.

Yeah, that's good news. I was worried too. He just up and disappeared, it was kinda alarming.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:19 pm

Finally got into the much famed 'Aeon Natum Engel'.

It has like, all my favorite things! & pretty well-written too. I have never seen better technobabble descriptions anywhere and am seriously inspired.

The only negative I could name that I miss the original's greater focus on relationships and character journeys but it's probably just part of the genre shift/author playing to their strenghts and a few metaphors were used a lil too often.

I'll be sure to check out the remake and will report back once I'm done with the last story arc.

Also shameless self promotion. CotP has reached the vanquishing of Israphael.

EDIT: Just finished AEE. Magnificent. I think this has been a learning experience; I endeavour to be this good.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:39 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Bard penned a sequel to Hands All Over, one of the better lemon fics of recent years.

This one is pretty good, too. Good characterization, which is the most important thing IMO.

Oh stop, you're makin' me blush.

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Well it's at least good to know that he is still alive, I was worried about the dude.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Yeah, that's good news. I was worried too. He just up and disappeared, it was kinda alarming.

Yeah, I tend to do that when things go quiet and/or I don't have anything new to contribute for a while.

Nice to know I've been missed, though.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

brer rabbit
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby brer rabbit » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Hey everybody, I am trying to find a NGE fic that's similar to jcmoorehead fic Learning To Live in where Asuka kills Kaworu. But the difference is in the fic I am looking for is after she's kills him, she leaves for Germany and that she left a letter for Misato saying she left and asking her to destroy the Evangelions.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:44 am

That sounds like Daughter of Elysium (one of the few A/K fics out there in the olden days).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

brer rabbit
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby brer rabbit » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:That sounds like Daughter of Elysium (one of the few A/K fics out there in the olden days).

Thank you Mr Tines, I was wondering what name of it was. :)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:19 am

These ones are good:

Rei contemplates her existence:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/107716 ... t_89513636

http://archiveofourown.org/works/978146 ... t_89512178

Rei and Kaworu contemplate time loops and someone finally does something with those two lines in EoE:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/177664 ... t_89511032

Otherwise, I conclude that there is a great lack of Rei fic on AO3.

I have yet to find any interesting/good LRS either, but I keep searching.

Speaking of Rei fic, the search for such made me think of this one (from ff net tho) which I think deserves more traffic:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3587901/1/Sleep

Basically, a day in the bleak life of Rei Ayanami.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm

An enjoyable bit of Rei fiction, thanks!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:42 am

^^ Well, let's see...I did do this Rei-centered short one-shot a few weeks ago. However, it's, err...not quite upbeat, one might say. To put it mildly.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Hm. Unusual but interesting.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:41 pm

James bro, that new one dealing with sleep paralysis was great. the only thing that would have been more awesome is if you had the Asuka take on the night hag version and had her suffocate Shinji by sitting on his chest while he wasn't able to move and just bleed all over him
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:55 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:James bro, that new one dealing with sleep paralysis was great. the only thing that would have been more awesome is if you had the Asuka take on the night hag version and had her suffocate Shinji by sitting on his chest while he wasn't able to move and just bleed all over him

*blushes*

Thank you so much for the kind words! I did actually mean to post a link to it in this thread actually but never got around to it.

Visions In 9/8

I dunno if you have seen them yet but you might enjoy the latest ones I put up on my AO3 a few weeks ago too. I can't post those ones on here though :tongue:

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:47 pm

^
it's only because Puritans exist on here good sir, if they didn't exist you'd be free to post them here.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:19 am

Well, in addition to the fic I've been working on for a year now, I have added a twist of including a crossover with Gundam wing in the timeline!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion, Chapter 1 – It's a Gundam!

Even if you haven't read the rest of the fic, this will at least be very funny, and full of fights between people, kinda like how things in the Dynasty Warriors series work. Check my story thread for updates if you're interested.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Geometer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Geometer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:10 pm

I need a feel bad fic. Give me something that will hit me right in the feels.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:18 am

Well, there's A Throne of Bayonets, or The Creative Principle.

NGE: Genocide is always good for some feels, too.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 am

Geometer wrote:I need a feel bad fic. Give me something that will hit me right in the feels.

Well, jcmoorehead's "The Division Bell" that fic as a whole will knock your feels around, or my own fic, there are chapters that are quite sad that I cried while writing.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:54 am

View Original PostGeometer wrote:I need a feel bad fic.

This is the ultimate feel bad Evangelion fanfic.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:21 pm

:cringe: Ugh!

Got to give Kudos to Adam Kadmon for creating probably the most nihilistic and depressing Eva fic that would make Rebuild look like an MLP episode. I was in a funk for days after reading this fic. :P

Thankfully, some shots of RE-TAKE, Second Try, and other WAFF fics perked me back up. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:26 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote::cringe: Ugh!

Got to give Kudos to Adam Kadmon for creating probably the most nihilistic and depressing Eva fic that would make Rebuild look like an MLP episode. I was in a funk for days after reading this fic. :P

Thankfully, some shots of RE-TAKE, Second Try, and other WAFF fics perked me back up. :)

The problem with Kadmon's fics is that they're so relentlessly dark they cross the line into self-parody on a regular basis. A Throne of Bayonets and Genocide are much better options IMO (though IIRC the former goes full WAFF in its sequel).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Fanfiction”