Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Preview of chapter 21 in which Asuka & Shinji have no clue about the drama occurring miles away from them.

Just as an advance note this chapters title is "Deadlights"

SPOILER: Show
"I wonder how they're all doing, it's been over a week since we left." Shinji said as he prodded some rice around on his plate.

Across from him Asuka shrugged, her mouth half full of food. She waited a moment to finish her mouthful of food before replying to him, "I'm sure they'll be fine. If anything bad is likely to have happened we probably would have heard it from Karim by now."

"I guess you're right." Shinji admitted before resuming his meal. It had been two days since they had arrived in the village. In that time not much progress had been made on locating the Tower Of Babel. Karim and his people had taken a look at Misato's necklace and had identified it as being one of the artefacts that was discovered along with the Dead Sea Scrolls. What this actually meant no one knew, it was assumed that there was some secret to it but uncovering it was another matter.

Whilst they worked to figure things out it left Asuka and Shinji to just wander the village and spend time on their own. It wasn't an attractive option for either of them, they wanted to resume their journey as soon as possible.

Shinji sighed as he finished what was left on his plate, he pulled the necklace out to look at it again. Turning it over in his hand he brought the necklace up to his lips and whispered quietly to it. As he expected nothing happened, he lowered it again to see Asuka staring at him.

"What... the hell are you doing?" She asked him.

Shinji laughed, "I don't know, I just thought... if this was a movie or something that would have worked right? So maybe it was worth a try."

Asuka just glared at him, "You're an idiot."

"I know... I just don't want to be sat around doing nothing. It doesn't feel right, not when we know what is out there!"

"I feel exactly the same way Shinji but there isn't much we can do. They said they had another idea but they need to bring something in."

Asuka leaned back in her seat and took a look towards the entrance to the underground laboratories. Stood behind it was Evangelion Unit 02 and beyond that she could see the boundaries of the village. Where the rich desert sands ended and faded back to the weirdness of the Post Third Impact World.

According to Karim the village they were in had marked the first successful usage of the terraforming equipment they used. It had managed to transform an area of five square miles into how it appeared before the Impact.

Several more tests had followed with them attempting to perfect the equipment each time and the area that was repaired improving. As it stood they had managed to recover an area of ten square miles in one location but on a subsequent attempt to replicate that an accident had occurred. Not many details were given but it had resulted in lives being lost and the area being marked as uninhabitable.

No further uses of the equipment had been granted until they were certain of what had gone wrong and how to repair it. Time had been spent since then on other preservation projects not dissimilar to the type of project that Kaji had taken them to see so many years ago.

"Do you think one day the world will go back to how it used to be?" Shinji suddenly asked, "You know... with everything looking how it used to?"

Asuka gave a shrug, "Karim and his people are confident that one day they can perfect the terraforming tech to return it all and there are still areas on the world that weren't turned when the Impact happened so who knows? If it does it does, if not then... I've lived in it like this for just as long as I didn't. I'm used to it now."

"I-I guess... I suppose I'm still getting used to it. I've only been here for a couple of months."

Suddenly Asuka stood up, there was a loud thud as she hit her knee off of the table. She shot Shinji a glare that instantly told him to say nothing about it. Instead she tried to recover by smiling, "I know what we're going to do. If we can't contribute in the labs at the moment we may as well contribute in other ways."

"Huh, how do you mean?" Shinji asked.

"Dangerous world out there Shinji, we're going to go and patrol it."

"Patrol... you mean..."

She nodded, "We're going to take Unit 02 and have a walk around the area. Maybe get Karim to throw out some training targets or something. Gotta stay sharp haven't we, and besides you still have a lot to learn about operating the rear of the Eva."

Asuka grabbed his hand and pulled him up onto his feet. The boy staggered slightly and stumbled as he tried to get his balance and also move forward to keep up with his enthusiastic girlfriend. He wasn't going to disagree with her, he was fed up of sitting around too.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:26 am

Great spoiler the whole thing with Asuka eating made me snigger. :D

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Nice spoiler ^_^

Did Shinji whisper "I am about to die." to the cross? He must have read that somewhere :rofl: Can't wait to see what happens next!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Chapter 21 is finally out, this would have taken a lot longer but I ended up actually cutting this chapter in half. So part two of it is already half written already. Enjoy :)

You Must (Not) Run Away [Under A Glass Moon]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 am

Hell of a chapter! I really enjoyed it.

Evil bouncy ball!
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:06 am

Chapter 22 is now out as well. Quite happy with how this one ended up and I'm glad I made the decision to cut the whole thing in half. It ended up being a lot longer than I expected. ^_^

You Must (Not) Run Away [Deadlights]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 am

Epic chapter I loved the really clever twist in this ^_^

Always more than one

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 am

Chapter 21 and 22... nicely done. Left all the gorey details and everything in my reviews, but you did some great stuff with this and Liliel! Also, forgot to mention in the review, loved the gravity well being added in, a very nice touch!
Should probably add an EVA for scale...  SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:47 pm

So this totally isn't related to this fic but I just wrote a little One-Shot based on a dream I had the other night and it'd be cool if people went and checked it out :)

Visions In 9/8

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:08 am

Very sweet one shot, I really enjoyed it ^_^

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Oh, that one shot was fantastic, left a nice review on fanfiction.net the other day. I would say, it would be a great anime horror short, at least for the opening anyway.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:57 am

You Must (Not) Run Away [Lifting Shadows]

Chapter 22 is now out. Ended up being longer than I expected again. This was supposed to be an important but also transitional chapter but I ended up being taken in a direction I wasn't quite expecting. Quite a bit of emotion in this one too.

XXX

Also i thought it might be cool to share a few stats. These aren't exactly important for anything except my own ego really.

So with chapter 23 this fic now stands at 207,215 words. That makes this my longest fic. Up until now that was Conspiracy which was 195,578 words after 30 chapters. Amount of words means little really but I just thought it was cool to see that I've wrote a longer fic now.

On fanfiction.net it is about to hit 25,000 views. It sits behind The Human Equation, The Catalyst and Conspiracy. Conspiracy is my most views with 42,000 views. it was also written about ten years ago too so that is to be expected.

Also review wise it's at 123 reviews, making it my second most reviews piece of work. Again after Conspiracy.

In contrast it's doing pretty poorly on AO3. Only 700 views on that, 4 comments and 9 Kudos. In truth my fics don't really do very well on AO3. My most views is a fic called Fallen Angel which also has the most Kudos on there.

So yeah, doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things but thought it'd be a bit of fun to share.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:01 pm

I laughed a lot through out this and I though Mari smothering Rei with her assets was hilarious as its clearly a throw back to this scene. :D

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:43 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:On fanfiction.net it is about to hit 25,000 views. Also review wise it's at 123 reviews,

In contrast it's doing pretty poorly on AO3. Only 700 views on that, 4 comments and 9 Kudos

I think they must count views/hits very differently. My fic has 21,000 views on FFN, but only 195 hits on AO3. These have got it 13 reviews & 9 kudos respectively (so your FFN views have done better than mine at generating reviews).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 pm

It could also be that fanfiction.net is a more established site for these sort of things than AO3 as it has been around longer. Plus I got the feeling, based on reading story descriptions from the times I've been on AO3, that unless your story has Kawrou and Shinji getting it on, no one is going to look at it.

Great chapter by the way,
I'm really interested in this Regula system Esperer has....let's all hope a superhuman madman hellbent on revenge doesn't get at it. :D
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Wonderful chapter, left more detailed stuff in my review, but I'm seeing that you're drawing your storylines to that penultimate place, setting yourself up for some action aboard the Wunder, all the shit with WILLE, and of course your Genesis... I mean Regula device and the Tower of Babel being the place where everything collides. Can;t wait to see what's next!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:35 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I think they must count views/hits very differently. My fic has 21,000 views on FFN, but only 195 hits on AO3. These have got it 13 reviews & 9 kudos respectively (so your FFN views have done better than mine at generating reviews).

It could also be that fanfiction.net is a more established site for these sort of things than AO3 as it has been around longer. Plus I got the feeling, based on reading story descriptions from the times I've been on AO3, that unless your story has Kawrou and Shinji getting it on, no one is going to look at it.

These are both true, I think AO3 tracks things differently and because it does seem to be more of a Kaworu/Shinji sort of crowd there a story with Asuka/Shinji isn't going to do quite as well. My most popular story there is one of Kaworu/Shinji getting it on :tongue:

Thank you all for the recent kind comments too, it always means so much to have people read my works and enjoy them :)

Oh and I'm glad people got the references to Regula System in there too :tongue: I know they were hardly subtle but I do enjoy seeing people notice that sort of thing.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu May 11, 2017 7:27 am

Forgot to actually update this when I released chapter 24 but that doesn't matter too much now as chapter 25 is now up. Enjoy.

You Must (Not) Run Away [March Of The Machines]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu May 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Awesome chapter awesome twist!

Great to also see a certain person back in the frame

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat May 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Excellent chapter! Lot of surprises in there that were quite enjoyable, and I like that all your storylines are crashing together as well. I'm sad your story is coming to a close, but I can't wait to see how it ends.

Return to “Fanfiction”