Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:15 pm

We now have a brand new, leak-free garage roof. And most importantly, we no longer have the old corrugated asbestos one that had been there for about 55 years.

The roof had developed a sag over the years, so that a puddle would form, and drip through, to the extent that a washing-up bowl placed under the central seam would fill up in a day of heavy rain. Also, when we had the extension done in '06, one of the overhanging sheets had had to be moved to make room for the new back wall, and that had come loose in high winds last winter, and lifted completely in the gales we had about a month ago (fortunately not too badly, so I could just drag it back into place and weight it down with a couple of paving slabs).

The company we engaged did running repairs gratis while measuring up for fabrication, then started on Friday when they stripped the roof and did the major part of the replacement, rain stopped play on Monday, but yesterday they replaced the guttering and put flashing down the sides, and today the neatly parcelled pile of waste was loaded up and removed (so I can park my car properly on the drive again).

Now, our next-door neighbours on the other side are going to get them to do their garage, too!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
SHE WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD
SHE LIKED TO HELP PEOPLE

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:23 pm

I went to the theatre at Stratford on Avon today. We saw a "reimagining" of a classical Chinese drama, which I thought was really well done; about half the cast had apparently Chinese names, so I think it would meet with some approval on that count, too. Snow in Midsummer.

This being a high-profile tourist location, it had a greatly enhanced police presence following yesterday's attack 100 miles away in London. It's hard to reconcile the need for people to be reassured with the need to ensure that attacks like this don't change the way we think. Terrorism is truly a powerful force, sadly.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Shinji feels oddly embarrassed sharing a bath with Kaworu (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... a post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

MAGI_01
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:05 am

Took a day off from work tomorrow to take a three day mini vacation to Seattle to see the sights, eat great local food and go to two Final Fantasy concerts. (A New World and Distant Worlds 30th anniversary edition) A trip that was a good 6 months in the making.

Glad to have done so to cause next week I start my two months of travel for work for more Playpass roll outs.

Perfect timing.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Disney finally filed the damn paperwork with the state and I finally have my D License from the state of Florida after working for a year! Unfortunately due to changes to TTC and Pandora part opening up within next few months, there will be lots of mandatory 6th and 7th days... Let's hope I can get a different post than bag check during bids!

On an un-related note... I decided to watch Gundam from the begining. I've only watched G Gundam before but I'll just be sticking to the Universal Century. I've only seen random bits back in early days of Toonami.

Sicarius VI
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:37 am

^Gratzs man.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Kazuki_Fuse
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Put $10 into a VLT last night while out having some drinks and shooting pool with buds. Ended up winning $800, so all drinks were on me. Still managed to walk away with a cool $650.
Avatar: Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore
"Surprise is an insubstantial blade, a sword worthless in war. It breaks when troops rally, it snaps when commanders hold the line, but fear never fades. So let the enemy know we come, let their fears defeat them as everything falls dark, as the worlds sun sets, as the city is wreathed in its final night. Let ten thousand howls promise ten thousand claws. The Night Lords are coming, and no soul that stands against us shall see another dawn"
-excerpt from The Tenebrous Path

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”