Could use help planning my first tattoo's

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Galaxy News Reidio
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Galaxy News Reidio » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 pm

View Original PostShadowGT wrote:And heres my advice: read what i said in the first post. I will not have this topic turning into a topic about hating on anime tattoo's. This is what i want to do and no ones going to talk me out of it.

Well, if you're not going to listen to any contrary opinions of course nobody's going to talk you out of it.

A tattoo is some serious shit. Don't just rush in to it.
Even in death, I still nerd.

ShadowGT
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShadowGT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm not going to rush into it. i've been planning to get a tattoo for over a year now. I went through a crap ton of designs & finally decided on NGE's main characters in the end as they are the main part of something that means a lot to me.

Don't think that i just woke up one day & thought "Liek OMG i have to get Rei's tattooed on me omg thats totally smexy!"
PSN: ShadowGT-R
Steam: Fatpizza20

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Exactly. People get very opinionated when it comes to tattoos, which I find weird. Because I agree with you Shadow, it's not like we all woke up one day and made the decision out of nowhere. For example I wanted a tattoo but I might want to get into politics so I decided against it. That doesn't mean I still don't want one I just changed my mind for the time being. But I may just go out and get one because I'm leaning away from politics now. I'm not sure what I want yet though.. Those who are wise have considered the consequences, but just because they decided upon doing it doesn't mean they should be told "Uh, I think you should think it over some more until you come up with the RIGHT decision."
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Galaxy News Reidio
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Galaxy News Reidio » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:54 am

A tattoo of a fourteen-year-old girl is very rarely the right decision.
Even in death, I still nerd.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:15 am

And your opinion > my opinion? If he wants to get it, more power to him, that's why it's his body and his decision.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I think tattoos are really sexy. I like art and I like skin, therefore it is all good! ^_______^

But I would suggest getting something that reminds you of Evangelion that can also be appreciated by other people. A big pin-up of Asuka sticking her ass out isn't as tattoo-worthy in my mind as some of the symbols and logos. I'd sooner go for a version of the Nerv or Seele logos, or maybe Lilith's mask or something.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

ShadowGT
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShadowGT » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks but no thanks oOoOoOo. i've settled on what i want to do. Speaking of which The Rei design i have finishes abruptly at her legs & hand so i have to do something about that. I'm thinking of having a simple Dragon looping around her covering up where she ends. Was gonna check with my local tattoo parlor today but they closed till the tenth of January (my birthday :)) So with any amount of luck i might be getting this tattoo for my B-day lol.

kylethestrange
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kylethestrange » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:http://drinian.org/dump/gainaxtoppage/226_eva.swf

Can't say I'm crazy about the Goatse-esque positioning of 01's hands. But never the less, extremely well done.

ShadowGT
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShadowGT » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Been going around to a few tattooists. Most reckon they can do the design pretty easily but are all asking upwards of $500 so it might be a month or two before i can finally get it done.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:15 pm

View Original Postkylethestrange wrote:Can't say I'm crazy about the Goatse-esque positioning of 01's hands.

Yeah, that just scared me.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:22 pm

If contrary opinions were a thing of the past, then people would always be going with their first opinions. And then finding out firsthand that chest rub doesn't taste as good as it smells, or something to that affect.

I'm not telling you it's a bad idea to go through with this. I'm merely imploring you picture yourself as an adult, maybe mid, late-forties. Partially bald, bit of a beer gut. Stick a tank top on their for good measure. Ask this guy what he thinks of Evangelion. Imagine the likelihood of him telling you that some other greater life changing events have occurred, like the birth of his first child, or the election of Kangaroo Jack as your new PM, or something. Do you think this guy will care all that much about a 40 year old anime that ran for 24 episodes and 2 Fruedian orgies, and was then milked like a cowgirl in an H-doujin?

At least show you expressed some foresight here. If I was strapped down to a table and some guys were threatening to either castrate me or give me a tattoo of an anime girl, I'd at least muscle up enough courage to ask if they were going to numb the castration if this piece of moe blob was what they wanted to put on me.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

ShadowGT
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShadowGT » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 am

Getting closer now :) I've been to a bunch of tattooists & am about to settle on one. I've just got one more place to check on Wednesday & then i'll put down a deposit on the tattoo. Sadly it's about a months wait for most tattoo parlors hence why i'm putting the deposit down soon.

By the way this is the design i settled on. Eventually it will be part of a sleeve tattoo when i have the money & a good design but for now just on it's own.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 am

I thought you lost that when you flash-drive died.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

evafanatic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby evafanatic » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 am

I think there are a few pictures of those floating online.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 am

He also said he was having trouble finding them again online.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

ShadowGT
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShadowGT » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 am

I luckily printed a copy off before i lost it but i haven't been able to find a new .png of it so im carrying around a old tattered pic of it everywhere lol. You'd be doing me a solid if you could find me the original mega high res version of it with no background.

CrazedOtakuStew
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CrazedOtakuStew » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Go for it man! I have tattoo's and the only advice I can give is, I picked out a design and waited about two and a half years before I went threw with it. Because of the first three I got, two of them will be covered up and one already has been. Because I was 17 and just wanted a tattoo so I payed $50 to a guy to give me a tribal and it was total crap! Never and I mean never go to a cheap artist or pick flash art off the wall.

From what I have seen of your thread you have a good concept of your sleeve and nice artwork. I hope they all turn out fantastic. And haters are going to hate, you and only you know what you want and don't let anyone give you crap about it! Good luck and post some pictures when you get it done! I love seeing awesome tattoos!

AlanaSwang
Embryo

Re: Could use help planning my first tattoo's

•      
  •      

Postby AlanaSwang » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:21 am

Konnichiwa!!
I need to share with you pals my tattoo's idea. I wanted to combine my passion about Evangelion with tattoo... I always have a small pikachu on my wrist. And now I'm planning to get Pen Pen surrounded by cherry blossoms http://flowertattooideas.com/top-30-awesome-small-cherry-blossom-tattoos/ and maybe some lotuses...What do you think? I believe it would look SOOO cool :wink: :shifty:
Love and Piece ^_^

Beetletoes
Embryo

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Beetletoes » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 am

View Original PostGalaxy News Reidio wrote:Here's my advice: Don't get a tattoo of a goddamn cartoon character. If you love Evangelion that much, get Lilith's mask or the NERV logo or something.

Hah, just yesterday looked at Lilith's Mask (NGE/EoE), and thought it'd make a good tattoo. This is one I'm all for.

Return to “Fan Works”