[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:57 pm

I don't care. I'll NEVER forgive him for Last Airbender. You hear me? NEVER.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:22 pm

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:55 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/film/shrek-5-co ... ate-571822

Shrek 5 confirmed.

Who asked for this? Especially considering the third one wasn't that good, and the 4th one was absolute garbage?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Nobody asked for this; this is just part of Dreamworks' contractually obligated welfare plan for Mike Myers.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 pm

I didn't realize there was a fourth one. Truly.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Will Smith + Netflix + Gritty Training Day-ish LA police setting + ..... Orcs = Wait what the fuck?
:tongue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SRM1WpVEY4

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:47 am

"Let's reboot with new more "Hollywoody" actresses instead of getting back the star who was nominated for a Academy Award for the previous film"
Sony needs to be taken out behind the barn & shot...
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/action/s ... eb-a149615

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:38 am

A sequel to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011) has always been a lost cause in all regards.
The sequel novels in the Millennium Series (the original three novels by Stieg Larsson he wrote before his death & the fourth by David Largercrantz) are REALLY bad. Lisbeth loses a lot of her cool, the villains become more outlandish (evil Swedish Nazis out to keep one hacker down), the plots become exponentially dumber & the pudgy male protagonist just fucks his way through Sweden because apparently all statuesque blondes want nothing more than an out of shape political journalist in his early 50s (note: Larsson openly admitted the Blomkvist character is basically him.... he is no Daniel Craig). The original novel - Dragon Tattoo - isn't a great work of art by any means but it works based on the superficialities in it, Lisbeth being an interesting mystery for Blomkvist to play off of & a pretty solid narrative drive of "who is the killer". The sequels don't have that. There isn't a base for a good story. There's no foundation for good films to build on.
Fincher wanted to do the original sequels to Dragon Tattoo - those being The Girl Who Played With Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - but he wanted to do it his way which meant budgets well north of $100 million per film & exclusive control of the marketing. Not an easy sell to a studio for films that basically revolve around rape, murder & continued fetishization of Lisbeth Salander who as a character herself is mostly a fetish. Sony tried to work out a deal with Fincher to do BOTH movies for a budget of about $100 million total but that didn't take. Fincher left.
Rooney Mara & Daniel Craig won't come back without Fincher.

So yeah, doing an adaptation of the FOURTH book in an okay series with an all new cast & team at a lower budget is probably a lost cause from a critical standpoint but from a financial standpoint I think they're in the right mind. They'll get a Dragon Tattoo sequel with a whole version of Salander done on a budget 1/5 the cost of what Fincher would have wanted. They'll make money.

Of course if they hire Noomi Rapace to take the role again I'll put this at the top of my must see list for 2018 because I'm a sucker for her version of the character a lot more than Mara's.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:22 am

I always thought doing English versions of the Millennium series was a lost cause anyway, since the Swedish versions are so easily accessible. At least this project is adapting new material. They'd be better off trying to get Rapace than Scarjo if they're looking to make money, though; the latter won't bring in enough to justify her salary in this flick.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:48 am

I find it sadly amusing to see the sequelitis disease also extends to only wanting to cast the same proven stars in everything, even when they really aren't right for the part. At this rate not only will they run all the people with fresh ideas off to cable and netflix, but also all the new talent!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:02 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/39321 ... not-remake

We're getting another Matrix Trilogy. . . and in this case, the Good news and bad news are kind've one and the same. It's going to be a sequel to the first three movies, not a reboot/remake. So that's a step in the right direction, but given how the last movie ended? Is it going to be like Men In Black III where they just ignore the last few movies even happened and treat the story like a standalone and only mention the previous movies in passing?

I'm intrigued. I'm pretty sure they'll suck, but the news has made me interested.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:43 pm

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/03/17/the-new-matrix-may-be-a-young-morpheus-movie

Or, you know, it could just be a series of prequels about a black man waiting for his white savior to show up. Shrug.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:40 am

I cannot for the life of me fathom the popularity of Michael B. Jordan. Leaving aside all of the other problems with a Morpheus movie (and hoo boy, are there a bunch!), casting a guy with all the charisma of a statue in the lead role is . . . not a good idea.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:51 am

What are you talking about Michael B Jordan has plenty of charisma have you watched Chronicle? he was the coolest thing about that movie. I haven't seen Creed yet but a lot of people liked that movie.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 am

View Original PostRay wrote:The Tales From The Crypt reboot series is going to be on TNT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ELCWlRwM8

Yaaaay.

Produced By M Night Shyamalan.

Oh god no please don't let him make this...he will completely misunderstand the source material and its not like he even understands the whole deal with black comedy...
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 am

View Original PostRay wrote:What are you talking about Michael B Jordan has plenty of charisma have you watched Chronicle? he was the coolest thing about that movie. I haven't seen Creed yet but a lot of people liked that movie.

I've seen it, and he was the weakest part of it.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I've seen it, and he was the weakest part of it.

Kinda have to agree. His role as "other friend" made it pretty clear what his fate was going to be from the start. I haven't seen the film since my initial viewing, but the only thing that left an impression on me was the main character's arc and descent into evil. Once he finally got there though, things got pretty silly.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Trailer for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZsG7WJVZv8

It's visually interesting, but we've seen good looking trailers for bad movies before. My experience with the Valerian franchise is rather limited, so I don't know if the story could be good or not.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Don't think this will go too far than just talk given the track record from previous directors but one can still hope...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... ra/.114138
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:06 pm

New War for the planet of the Apes trailer.
Continues to look fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDcAlo8i2y8
Only concern is Woody's character doesn't appear to be all that sympathetic compared to the leads in the last few films, we shall see.

Dawn makes me really excited for Reeves on Batman.

Return to “Film and Video”