Resyncing Death (true)² to Death for 5.1 audio and other purposes.

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

sephirotic
Shamshel
Shamshel

Resyncing Death (true)² to Death for 5.1 audio and other purposes.

•      
  •      

Postby sephirotic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:47 pm

One of the several projects I have been working with my BD's of Eva included Resyncing the 5.1 remastered audio track from Death (True)² for the Death movie.

I synced scene by scene Death True 2 into Death timeline on Premiere. It was interesting seeing all differences side by side. The biggest difference lies on the Unit 01 awakening scene while eating Zeruel, which had different cuts and coult not be resynced as the music would be cutted up, and added scenes of Asuka from Episode 22 (also a couple from Misato's mother from 25).

So I synced the audio, set FADE in and Fade out for the small cuts, and prepared an upmix for the Ep 19 scene and the extended Asuka scene, and replaced a small shot from Episode 8 with the 5.1 audio from the series.

I don't now if sharing the resynced FLAC audio characterizes as copyright infringiment, but the point of this was to actually share the Premiere Project this way you can simply replace the Audio dub from any other language for automatically doing the same process. (of course you should still extract audio from the stereo track to upmix them on Audacity yourself for the couple of missing excerpts as well as the 5.1 excerpt from Episode 08 for replacing it). I'll explain the upmix process as soon as I get an approval from pwhodges who is doing a QC of the mix.

The project may also be useful to replace footage from Death with Death True 2 for the sharpener ones.
Here is the project on Premiere CS6:

https://mega.nz/#!q0YF2RBI!qdGiQ8w2Cfky ... f2OTglU0fM

And here is an SS for you to get an idea of the sync:

-----------------------------------------------------
Re-watching Eva since 1999
-----------------------------------------------------

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Resyncing Death (true)² to Death for 5.1 audio and other purposes.

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:55 am

What I really wanna know is why the fuck khara/Gainax can't just license out remastered versions of Death (true)² and EOE for English speaking audiences. I mean, how the hell do Spain and Italy get a release of this and not the U.S. or U.K.?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Resyncing Death (true)² to Death for 5.1 audio and other purposes.

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:58 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:What I really wanna know is why the fuck khara/Gainax can't just license out remastered versions of Death (true)² and EOE for English speaking audiences. I mean, how the hell do Spain and Italy get a release of this and not the U.S. or U.K.?

Here in Italy there was a remaster because the show was published in 2000 by Dynit but the movie was published by Panini Video in 2005. Dynit got the rights for The Feature Film and the rebuilds in 2009 and so they re dubbed an re released the DVD.
Also simply by comparing the release dates and the theaters marathon of the rebuild movies I suspect there's a proportionally bigger demand here in Italy than in the US.

Return to “Fan Works”