Seeking input for a friend.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Acethemaster135
Embryo

Seeking input for a friend.

•      
  •      

Postby Acethemaster135 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:58 am

It's been a while since I used these forums due to life getting crazy, but I returned to ask a question for a friend.

A friend of mine was looking into purchasing a physical copy of Evangelion, to which I reccomended the Platinum Collection. However, he discovered a copy of the series claiming to have all of NGE along with EoE for about 35$; to me, that haa bootleg written all over it, but I wanted to get input on what everyone here thought, especially since about 45 minutes of research on my part turned up very little. If anyone knows anything about this copy in particular, or has bought it in the past, your input is much appreciated. I'm pretty well-versed in the series, but haven't looked into the different versions except for my original purchases.

Here's the link to the set in question.
LINK REMOVED

Many thanks to anyone who can provide input.

I suppose this also marks my return to the forums; I returned to ask a question, but in reality I intended to return soon anyway.
Ace was here.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Seeking input for a friend.

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:21 pm

That is absolutely 100% guaranteed a bootleg. Do not buy it.

If you want more reason than that, just think about what the data rate on such a release would be like. Four discs to 26 episodes and both movies? You're talking 8-9 episodes per disc. The video quality is probably garbage.

Two things you should look into:

First, svenge's compendium of home video releases, so you know which ones are official:

http://svenge.evamonkey.com/

Secondly, I did some updated research just the other day into the estimated fair market value of NGE and EoE via eBay auctions, refer to it if you're looking to purchase a copy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/com ... ording_to/

Acethemaster135
Embryo

Re: Seeking input for a friend.

•      
  •      

Postby Acethemaster135 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Thank you for the quick and friendly response- the aforementioned friend was excitedly searching for a copy and to have a confirmation that it is bootleg is helpful. Thanks again for the help!
Ace was here.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”