[Film] Alita: Battle Angel

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: [Film] Alita: Battle Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 pm

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/x-men ... 201885650/

Robert Rodriguez cast Lana condor(Jubilee in X-Men Apocalypse) as a supporting character.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:22 pm

She seems kind of old for Koyomi unless their doing some material from the later arcs where Koyomi is a teenager.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Jennifer Connelly has been added as a villain in it.

And Christoph Waltz, Mahershala Ali and Ed Skrein are also in it.

silvermoonlight
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:16 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Jennifer Connelly has been added as a villain in it.

And Christoph Waltz, Mahershala Ali and Ed Skrein are also in it.

I'd be really interested to see Jennifer Connelly as a villain as she's been kind stuck as the kid stalked by the Goblin king, girlfriend or wife type characters for years so I'd love to see her shake that off and play a bad ass.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm not going to come right out and say, "This film is going to be trash," but signs are certainly pointing in that direction. Robby Rod hasn't made a decent film in over a decade and the vast majority of his theatrical credits range from one flash of pulpy brilliance (The first Sin City) to middle-of-the-road decent action flicks (Desperado, Planet Terror) to outright garbage (all of his "family" pictures, Machete Kills).

This project should have been given to the guy who made Ex Machina.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:30 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Robby Rod hasn't made a decent film in over a decade

Predators (2010) was great.
If he can take things as seriously as he did in that and force himself to not cheap out nor camp out like he did with the Machete films, I think it should be at least decent.

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:47 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Predators (2010) was great.

He didn't direct that movie, though. It was done by a guy with the most unfortunate first name in the world.
Last edited by Guy Nacks on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:He didn't direct that movie, though.

Wow your right.
I recalled him being on all the behind the scenes videos and had his name plastered all over the trailers and assumed he directed it.
My bad.

Return to “Film and Video”