Let's play Brutal Doom with Project Brutality on Death Wish Mode!

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Valikdu
Adam

Let's play Brutal Doom with Project Brutality on Death Wish Mode!

•      
  •      

Postby Valikdu » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

"We murder. We kill. It is mindless savagery. This universe is mindless. (...) Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! LET! THE GALAXY! BURN!!"
-Azariah Kyras

So... This is probably the least professional LP in the history of LPs, but whatever.

Most players who are interested in DOOM (the old one) probably know about Brutal Doom, the mod that - among other things - tinkers around with the weapons a bit, as well as adds metric tons of blood and gore, enables area damage (i.e. headshots and blown-off limbs) and melee fatalities.

However, not everyone (I think) knows about Project Brutality, a mod for the mod. This one adds multiple varieties for each monster type (zombiemen with assault rifles and machineguns, sergeants with RPGs, flying arachnotrons, cyber-Barons, et cetera), as well as vastly expands the player's arsenal (adding things such as grenade launchers, a semi-auto plasma rifle and the Quake IV gravity cannon, all with alt-fire modes) and enables some new difficulty options, as well as progression settings for monster and gun upgrades.

One of these settings is Death Wish mode, which turns all the monsters into advanced versions of themselves. That's what I'm currently playing with, and recording. I'll be adding new levels to this playlist as I finish them; my difficulty level is the Ultraviolence equivalent (12 On The 10 Scale Of Bad).

Here's the playlist (normally 1 map = 1 video, with exceptions):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsjeo8iAktc_VKJTp4ctaGgqVadw7YiKv

I've just finished The Ultimate Doom. Next stop, Hell on Earth!
Maker of large-scale Dwarf Fortress modifications.

August 13 update: Desolation 1.5 - Attack on Urist!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Let's play Brutal Doom with Project Brutality on Death Wish Mode!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 pm

I tried playing Final Doom on PlayStation a few months back. I got annihilated.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: Let's play Brutal Doom with Project Brutality on Death Wish Mode!

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I tried playing Final Doom on PlayStation a few months back. I got annihilated.

I remember getting through the Doom demo (way back in the 1990s) on easy only with a lot of trouble. Playing the game was freaking terrifying.

I think that was the moment I concluded FPS games weren't for me. :lol:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”